Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2016, 11:16 PM   #1
V8kado
Mondeo Titanium Estate

Default My 2011 MC Ford Mondeo Titanium Wagon Tdci

Well got myself a new (for me) 2011 MC Mondeo Titanium Wagon Tdci in pretty tidy condition. Well looked after for a family hauler I must say.

Wagon has 120k and just had it's 2nd major service which included the 6 Speed Powershift thank god, and also has near brand new Pirelli P1's all round

I ended up flying down to Melbourne from Canberra last Friday to pick it up. Had a quick test drive, paid my money and drove it back home the same day.

First impressions from the long drive home are Wow. Some of the gadgets in this thing is nothing short of impressive, Adaptive cruise control is just insane in a good way, how good does it do it's job. Also Lane departure, Blind Spot, Voice control, Cornering head lamps, Heated seats, Folding mirrors, Convers+, Sports suspension, 18's, Body kit, Tint, Sunroof, Global Windows, LED DRL's, F & R Parking sensors and if I haven't mentioned it yet then it's probably because I haven't found it yet........ Something a Falcon of this time would only dream of having!

And the fuel use OMG. After coming off a near 2.5T Territory Petrol AWD where I'd get around 400-500km at the best, this thing pretty much uses nothing compared. On the way home I travelled around 685km at an average of 5.8L with a massive 523km DTE still remaining. Still cant believe it really, that little 2L Tdci is some engine. Yeah, I'm just stunned really

The 6Speed Powershift, well the dury is still out on that one! Once up to speed with a bit of momentum the box is faultless and quite enjoyable. The sports shift is sublime and well sorted and does it's job just fine. Just at low speeds, the thing is almost lost if that's how I can describe it. Probably the most annoying change is the 1-2 change and take off. I think it's a normal trait that I'll just have to get used to, just weird that's all. And, I actually don't mind the firmer downshifts when slowing as where I live is quit hilly so this controls the speed nicely for me.

I'll post some pictures for now, and get back here for some advice, tips & tricks perhaps?

Thanks for looking, enjoy.