Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-01-2009, 10:44 AM   #1
OvaKil
ANARCHY

Default People with no respect

Sorry guys but i have to vent or im gonna smash something.
Some has decided to park next to me at monbulk yesterday and open there door on my car and peeled some paint off. Why do i bother trying to look after my car when theres out there that cant even respect someone else's property!
Its not the first time. The last time was 3 weeks before xmas some stupid walked past my car with her bag and dragged it down the side.
The thing thats really me off is the fact that where i parked was near no1 else. It wasnt even lined. So you dont have to park right next to any1. And when i walked back to the car i saw the red hump of sh#t and thought to myself 'i should check my left hand side'. But i told myself that there was heaps of room and there was no way that they could of hit me. So i got in the car without checking. I started the car and thought again. 'mm i should check my left hand side'. But nah it should be alright i said.
So i walk out the front door this morning. The mrs goes to jump in the car and screams. I run up thinking theres a spider. Nah.. There it is. A nice red mark down the side and paint peeled back.

F6 R Spec #130 Winter White 6 Speed Manual. 373rwkws on 16psi

Last edited by RG; 14-01-2009 at 10:52 AM.
OvaKil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 10:50 AM   #2
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

I understand that you are peeved but please don't evade the swear filter again, I'm going to have to edit that first post now.

People suck and people with such little respect for other peoples prized possessions need to be dealt with harshly. Drawn and quatered harshly.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 01:22 PM   #3
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People have little respect when it comes to cars. I was parked once, sitting in the car and this woman pulls up next to me in Corolla and opened her car door (quite hard) into mine. She looked around (didnt think to look IN my car) then as no one had seen her she hurried off to the shops. Just so happened the car I was in was going to the big graveyard of the wreckers soon (so I didnt really care) - so I proceeded to slam the absolute bejeesus out of my door into the side of her car about four of five times leaving some nice crease marks. I felt much better after that.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 01:29 PM   #4
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 

man thats nasty accident or not... if i see your car parked i will make sure my car is parked in the next suburb just in case...
baboon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #5
OvaKil
ANARCHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
People have little respect when it comes to cars. I was parked once, sitting in the car and this woman pulls up next to me in Corolla and opened her car door (quite hard) into mine. She looked around (didnt think to look IN my car) then as no one had seen her she hurried off to the shops. Just so happened the car I was in was going to the big graveyard of the wreckers soon (so I didnt really care) - so I proceeded to slam the absolute bejeesus out of my door into the side of her car about four of five times leaving some nice crease marks. I felt much better after that.
That makes me feel better just knowing that you gave it back.

Old 14-01-2009, 01:41 PM   #6
eyes87
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon
man thats nasty accident or not... if i see your car parked i will make sure my car is parked in the next suburb just in case...
just incase what? someone opened the door onto his car???
eyes87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #7
eyes87
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes87
just incase what? someone opened the door onto his car???
sorry just saw what you ment.
eyes87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 01:53 PM   #8
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I feel for ya Ovakil. These scum should be made accountable. One thing I like to do is take the POS laser my mrs drives to the shops. The paint on it is crap to put it nicely and my mrs doesnt care if it gets scratched. (she does care if she scratches someone elses car and leaves a note if it happens) But at at least she doesnt feel bad if her car gets damaged.

merlin - I would have loved to have the seen the girls face when she walked back to the car afterwards. LOL

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 02:10 PM   #9
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
That is gold :
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 02:32 PM   #10
ch33z1l
Dawn

You could always park over 2 parking bays....Solves the problem...but a little immoral.

Sorry to hear about your car mate. Happens to me all the time. Some are so blazen, they bang the door on the panels while your sitting in the car!
ch33z1l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #11
OvaKil
ANARCHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
I feel for ya Ovakil. These scum should be made accountable. One thing I like to do is take the POS laser my mrs drives to the shops. The paint on it is crap to put it nicely and my mrs doesnt care if it gets scratched. (she does care if she scratches someone elses car and leaves a note if it happens) But at at least she doesnt feel bad if her car gets damaged.

merlin - I would have loved to have the seen the girls face when she walked back to the car afterwards. LOL
I dont think it matters what car ya drive really. People should still respect it enough not to damage it. If i pull up next to and old car with dents all down the side i dont push my door against it. Its just disrespectful. I dont park next to old cars for that reason coz you can see they dont care about there own car you just know there not gonna care abt yours.
My old lady has had her porsch for a abt 3 years now and she parks it everywhere.... Not one dent. Not one scratch. People see the badge and stay clear. Why cant they do it with all cars.

Old 14-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #12
cheek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

omg thats funny~!!!!!!!!
cheek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #13
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The laws of parking:

Regardless of where you park including the middle of the Strezlecki desert one of the following situations will take place.

1) Some moron in a piece of junk will park 3 inches from you and open their door into you
2) A different moron and his 67 mates will park next to you a cover your car with dirt, fingerprints, cigarette butts and drool
3) If there is one way traffic a moron in a 4wd will park on the oncoming side and have the back of his vehicle sticking out so there is no chance whatsover of you seeing oncoming traffic
4) If there is driveway going to a busy road a moron in a 4wd will always park in the road space closest to driveway so as to block any view of oncoming traffic.

Feel free to add more......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 02:39 PM   #14
OvaKil
ANARCHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch33z1l
You could always park over 2 parking bays....Solves the problem...but a little immoral.

Sorry to hear about your car mate. Happens to me all the time. Some are so blazen, they bang the door on the panels while your sitting in the car!
Thats wat is driving me nuts. I normaly park further down and park over 4 places. But yesterday was hot and there was no one around so i parked behind the bank where theres no lines.

Old 14-01-2009, 02:53 PM   #15
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

5) A lady will open her car door fully to get her baby out and hit your car. She will not pay attention cause her baby is precious and your car a piece of metal. No matter what you say she'll come back with "Its just a car."
Old 14-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #16
OvaKil
ANARCHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowEL2XR8
5) A lady will open her car door fully to get her baby out and hit your car. She will not pay attention cause her baby is precious and your car a piece of metal. No matter what you say she'll come back with "Its just a car."
So so so so true. But if i put a dent in her baby, i dont think she'd be happy

Old 14-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #17
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Oxygen theiving #$%#%^#%#%#%$ out: , makes me so angry that people dont care enough to even apologize for it even if it was an accident. My missus doesnt understand why I say that I wont take my F6 to the shops until I got a little trolley dent in one of my rear doors, mate did I go off!!!! So sopping trips are banned in the F6, but unfortunately the missus BAII XR6 is in great condition too and its only a matter of time that will cop the Door/trolley incidents so I solved that one and bought a Hilux 4wd that I really dont give a flying one if it gets dented/scratched, worse will happen when I take it off road :evilsasmo
Old 14-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #18
89.SVO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it's bullsh*t isn't it. i was sitting in my car in a public carpark (which angled sideways) with my missus and there was a big landcruiser next to me. for some reason i had a feeling that the door was going to hit my car. i dunno why. i have dark window tint so people cant see in. when the person comes to the car and the passenger goes to jump they open the door and let go of it and because of the angle it slams into my car. they just like glance over then went to jump in the car. at this point i was ****ed off and wound the window down and said "OI! your door just hit my car mate!" you should've seen the look on the guys face. he was like "oh there is no damage though" i got out and had a close inspection. lucky there wasn't. he was like "you don't need to get worked up" i was like "bullsh*t. you didn't even aknowledge that you hit it. lucky there isn't any damage" at that point the driver just started the car and drove off. gutless piece of crap
89.SVO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 03:08 PM   #19
OvaKil
ANARCHY

they all say."its just a car" yeah yeah. Untill its there car.

Old 14-01-2009, 03:10 PM   #20
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
The laws of parking:

Regardless of where you park including the middle of the Strezlecki desert one of the following situations will take place.

1) Some moron in a piece of junk will park 3 inches from you and open their door into you
2) A different moron and his 67 mates will park next to you a cover your car with dirt, fingerprints, cigarette butts and drool
3) If there is one way traffic a moron in a 4wd will park on the oncoming side and have the back of his vehicle sticking out so there is no chance whatsover of you seeing oncoming traffic
4) If there is driveway going to a busy road a moron in a 4wd will always park in the road space closest to driveway so as to block any view of oncoming traffic.

Feel free to add more......
What is it with that?

Ive often parked considerable distance from the shops and other vehicles on the other side of a car park only to return to find it flanked by 2 S/boxes either side.. usually "hugging" the marked line... miles from everyone else, car park still empty... its like your car attracts piles of junk!!!!

Old 14-01-2009, 03:13 PM   #21
macman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to hear about it OvaKil - this is just way to common...

I always check my car before leaving a busy parking area, because people just have no respect.

I once came back to my car after work to see a white van had pulled in next to me and very close to the line, so I checked - as I do...

Sure enough there was a chip out of my paint and a bit of white paint left behind - which appeared to easily line up with the vans door so I proceeded to swing my door nice and hard into the van before I left - not that the van owner would even realise as he clearly had no respect for his car let alone mine but it sure made me feel better!!!
macman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 03:17 PM   #22
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Tell you a true story about the only car in the car park.

It was on a RAAF base. I parked in a small car park. The only car in the car park as everyone else parks in front of the hanger and I parked near the entrance of the base. I get a call from the guard office telling me that a SAS bus hit my car. I said how is that possible I am the only one in the car park.
They parked next to me and when he took off he turned straight away and the side of the bus swiped my car and took the bumper off.

Tell you what it was a nightmare for insurance cause they don't give out details of SAS people. So I just used the Australian Defence Department as the details of the person who hit it. Apparently it wasn't exceptable so I said "Feel free to go down to the SAS base and ask." Insurance paid up in the end.
Old 14-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #23
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is this ever a Pet hate of Mine!

As people have Pointed out many do not care about Cars in General & are Careless.

However I am also sure are some who have an old car see a Nice waxed new Car like an XR6 or F6 or GT (those sort of cars) & are so Jealous they open their Door on purpose to hit the Nice car they cannot afford to own Coz they spend too much on Drugs, Smokes or Booze!

Same as when you are in Traffic & things get a bit close, if they are in an old car they will force their way Coz they just know you do not want to damage your Car.

Hate People like that & their are Many about!

They just are Pathetic Creatures & Have NO Respect!

Love that Post saying he Opened his Door many Times on a Careless person's Car :voldar02: Maybe we should all buy a Bomb to use at car Parks :P
Buddy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 03:22 PM   #24
OvaKil
ANARCHY

well i always do check it. My guts was telling me to, but it was hot and i was in a rush to get back to work as i had heaps on.

A few years ago i had a red walkinshaw show car. If i ever parked it and walked away from it (which only ever happened twice) I would get my sticky notes out. On the sticky side i would write the car next me rego number and stick it to the inside of my window so they could see it writen down before they left. No1 ever touched it.
Like i said i only ever did it twice but it worked.

Old 14-01-2009, 03:26 PM   #25
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvaKil
I dont think it matters what car ya drive really. People should still respect it enough not to damage it. If i pull up next to and old car with dents all down the side i dont push my door against it. Its just disrespectful. I dont park next to old cars for that reason coz you can see they dont care about there own car you just know there not gonna care abt yours.
My old lady has had her porsch for a abt 3 years now and she parks it everywhere.... Not one dent. Not one scratch. People see the badge and stay clear. Why cant they do it with all cars.
I agree with ya there mate, respect isnt a hard thing to show, but you cant control peoples behavior so I personally dont worry when I have a car just as crap as theirs.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 04:14 PM   #26
Defiant

All you can do is put the boot into their door if their still there.
Defiant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 04:29 PM   #27
SE Ute

Why do people always have to park next to someone when there's lots of empty parking spots?? What's the psychology behind it i wonder..
SE Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #28
dave289
Banned

I have also been sitting in my car and had a women open here door into my car ,I got out and had a look but luckily there was no damage,she was quite old and just did not seem to give a .I have a few cars and aviod taking my best to any carpark but it is not always possible.I now get my phone camera out and take a photo of the cars and there number plates that are parked on either side of me.at least that way if something does happen I have there make,model and rego number.

I am always very careful not to damage anybody elses car but unfortunately ,mainly women from experience dont give a crap.usually because hubby works hard to pay for there brand new 4wd,knowing that hubby will pay for any damage should this happen.because they dont have to pay they dont give a crap about theirs or others peoples stuff, take the women next door for example,hubby buys her brand new 4wd,within 2 years is was looking shocking, dents and scraps from front to rear on every single panel. typical.
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #29
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a few years back an old guy (avid Ford lover) was sitting in his car waiting for his mrs at the shops - when some lady dumped her groceries and whatnot on some other poor guys boot lid, eb xr8. So he got out and marched over to her and pretended to be the owner of the eb, hehehe, and gave her an earful and passed on her details to the actual owner when they turned up.

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #30
Marduk
BFII XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvaKil
Sorry guys but i have to vent or im gonna smash something.
Some has decided to park next to me at monbulk yesterday and open there door on my car and peeled some paint off.
Where abouts in Monbulk? Safeway carpark is a nightmare I never leave my care unattended there. Parents have a nice scrape on the drivers door because of some moron in the safeway carpark.