Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2020, 12:02 AM   #8161
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
and if he had , youd be saying hes a total flog for making the rules he has set and not abiding by them him self
The WA rules are ****en stupid. So he is abiding by stupid rules. I know you're a Westy but c'mon
This user likes this post:
Old 12-12-2020, 12:18 AM   #8162
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Do you hold Scott Morrison to the same accountability?
Did Scott Morrison come out and claim the virus is fake? Did Morrison tell Australians the virus is "just a flu" and is not as bad as 'they' are saying? Did Morrison tell Australians on numerous occasions not to wear a mask? Did Morrison ask people to gather in huge numbers and not bother about social distancing or not wear a mask? Did Morrison tell us back in January that it will all be over in a month or two? Did Morrison falsely claim that the number of infections were "just a handful" when in fact they were much, much more? Did Morrison falsely claim that the COVID deaths are overstated when they weren't?

No, Morrison didn't.

But one thing Morrison and Trump do have in common is that they both used the pandemic to play political games. They both tried to divide and conquer. Trump was much more successful than Morrison with that tactic.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2020, 12:24 AM   #8163
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
On the topic of national cabinet I have to say that Mark McGowan has truly proved himself a proper flog by not attending in person today
Disagree. McGowan has got it right. Those dirty South Aussies are full of viruses. Wish VIC would also close the border to SA's.

As Daniel Andrews once said, "why would you want to go there?".
Old 12-12-2020, 12:25 AM   #8164
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Did Scott Morrison come out and claim the virus is fake? Did Morrison tell Australians the virus is "just a flu" and is not as bad as 'they' are saying? Did Morrison tell Australians on numerous occasions not to wear a mask? Did Morrison ask people to gather in huge numbers and not bother about social distancing or not wear a mask? Did Morrison tell us back in January that it will all be over in a month or two? Did Morrison falsely claim that the number of infections were "just a handful" when in fact they were much, much more? Did Morrison falsely claim that the COVID deaths are overstated when they weren't?

No, Morrison didn't.

But one thing Morrison and Trump do have in common is that they both used the pandemic to play political games. They both tried to divide and conquer. Trump was much more successful than Morrison with that tactic.

Why do you remind me of Roger from American Dad?

Is it the foaming at the mouth or the TDS?

I don't know for sure, but it certainly looks like a lack of understanding of State Governance.
4 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2020, 12:27 AM   #8165
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Disagree. McGowan has got it right. Those dirty South Aussies are full of viruses. Wish VIC would also close the border to SA's.

As Daniel Andrews once said, "why would you want to go there?".
The feeling is mutual.
Old 12-12-2020, 12:06 PM   #8166
mostly_broncos

Apparently I now know someone who is a "superspreader" He went to a thanksgiving dinner sick(possibly knowingly) and caused(possibly ?) about 12 cases . They are blaming him at least , its possible he was patient 1 not patient zero in this particular mess. Lots of finger pointing going on , not a good look for anyone involved really.

It looks like he might not make it. He had a temp of 103 , went to the urgent care and they told him he couldn't be admitted until his oxygen level went below 88% ! They gave him a monitor to wear at home. 4 or 5 days with a high temp then he went down to 88% and they sent an ambulance for him. Then they say , oh gee you have pneumonia too now ! He went to the hospital in Tucson, AZ whothen medflighted him to Phoenix on the spot.

The guy has 1 kidney and smokes they couldn't have predicted pneumonia ? Maybe give him a scrip for antibiotics ? Nope deny inpatient care then he gets an urgent $20,000 helicopter flight bit of CYA going on there.

In Phoenix for 3 days , no one is allowed to visit , nothing heard then a video call because he is losing kidney function so say goodbye to your kids just in case. Gibberish and jargon , 14% kidney function? No mention of what a guy missing a kidney had to start with though.

He has 2 kids , 11 and 13 they had to go stay with his brother . Both kids were in the house with him the whole time he had it with the high fever and have tested negative throughout . His brother was at the party and around him and the kids also and negative on 2 tests. The brother is hugely overweight and a smoker , about 57 years old I think. so was probably worried the whole time , the goodbye call was 2 days ago no word since .

Tough on the kids , they lost their mom from a car wreck 2 years ago . As someone who lost his dad at an early age , its not easy but the being in limbo part , not hearing one way or the other has to be the toughest part.

You are waiting for the phone to ring but afraid to pick it up . I think the more time that goes by , maybe the better his chances , maybe IV antibiotics start to work on the pneumonia ? Kind of impressive he was able to sit there with such a high fever and no care for days like that , might be hopeful.

Weird thing I heard the other day , was a theory that the MMR vaccine might be giving some protection against it and might explain why kids are not really being hit by it.
Old 12-12-2020, 12:48 PM   #8167
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

No, Morrison didn't.

To be fair you omitted to mention most of the State premiers are also playing political games with this pandemic!
Old 12-12-2020, 01:17 PM   #8168
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 23:59 GMT December 11th, 2020.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

11 new cases for Australia and 0 deaths so the CMR remains 3.242%. NSW recorded 9 cases WA recorded 2. It should be noted that Victoria has recorded 5 cases today but they all look to be returned travellers.

4 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.195% and active cases rise to 57.

The UK had a higher 21,582 cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore the CMR but even using their method they recorded 424 deaths.

Just over 227k new cases in the USA yesterday and 3,019 deaths sees CMR drop to 1.868% and active cases rise to 40.0% with the raw numbers rising and now over 6.4M. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 71M with the last 1M in 1 day;
Global deaths pass 1.6M with the last 50k in only 3 days;
Global cases set a new daily high of 694,302 (10/12);
Global deaths set a new daily high of 12,930 (10/12);
The USA passes 300k deaths - 2 weeks earlier than predicted;
The USA completes 216M, India 151M, UK 47M, Switzerland 3M and Serbia 2M tests.

Mauritania (233);
Namibia (342) - the3 previous high on Aug 6th;
South Korea (688);
Nigeria (796) - the previous high on July 1st;
Belarus (1,967);
Panama (2,447) on 10/12;
Japan (2,969);
Germany (28,344)

... all recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive days.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2020, 02:10 PM   #8169
HIPO
Al

https://hectordrummond.com/2020/06/0...20-weeks-1-19/

plenty of similar figures from other sources as well if peeps search deaths "all causes".
Old 12-12-2020, 02:28 PM   #8170
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Is that THE Mr Drummond?

Old 12-12-2020, 02:36 PM   #8171
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FDA has given emergency use authorization for Pfizer vaccine so thats good news for the US.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2020, 06:11 PM   #8172
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post
https://hectordrummond.com/2020/06/0...20-weeks-1-19/

plenty of similar figures from other sources as well if peeps search deaths "all causes".
Perhaps this thread needs a sticky; the same questions keep coming up.

HIPO the manta around Covid has always been "slow the spread flatten the curve".

The reason for that is so health systems are not over run.

Once people are dead it's very unfortunate, but there are hundreds of people filling up hospital beds for every dead person.

Once health systems reach capacity people start dieing of treatable conditions because there is not enough medical staff to go around and doctors are forced to choose who to treat.
https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/30/pm-to...owns-13505226/
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/11/us-p...-days-yet.html
https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...-idUSL1N2IA167

plenty of similar figures from other sources as well if peeps search "Covid overruns hospital".
Old 12-12-2020, 07:00 PM   #8173
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 12-12-2020, 09:46 PM   #8174
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
The WA rules are ****en stupid. So he is abiding by stupid rules. I know you're a Westy but c'mon
They may seem stupid until you are West Australian
2 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2020, 10:11 PM   #8175
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
FDA has given emergency use authorization for Pfizer vaccine so thats good news for the US.
I'm glad in a way that several other countries are starting to roll out mass immunisation as of last week.

It will give it some time to get around and see how it effects the recipients.

In 3 or 4 months if we get it, it may be better refined or an updated formula.

I don't think travel is expected to resume till March? I'm happy to wait a little longer for my next trip if it means the current vaccine has had time for some real world testing.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 12-12-2020, 10:29 PM   #8176
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
Wrong. Just like anywhere you will likely find it is the minority with the loudest voice. Those taking it serious would be a the majority.
Nope. Just wait and see.

Clearly hardly anyone over there is taking it serious. You would have to be blind to not see that.
Old 13-12-2020, 12:00 AM   #8177
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
I'm glad in a way that several other countries are starting to roll out mass immunisation as of last week.

It will give it some time to get around and see how it effects the recipients.

In 3 or 4 months if we get it, it may be better refined or an updated formula.

I don't think travel is expected to resume till March? I'm happy to wait a little longer for my next trip if it means the current vaccine has had time for some real world testing.
Never known any vaccine that is 100% risk free for everyone as they all can have risks for some people.
Tell you what when we get it here in Australia I will let you know since I'm a high risk person and will not hesitate in getting it.
Cheers.
Old 13-12-2020, 09:45 AM   #8178
HIPO
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Perhaps this thread needs a sticky; the same questions keep coming up.

HIPO the manta around Covid has always been "slow the spread flatten the curve".

The reason for that is so health systems are not over run.

Once people are dead it's very unfortunate, but there are hundreds of people filling up hospital beds for every dead person.

Once health systems reach capacity people start dieing of treatable conditions because there is not enough medical staff to go around and doctors are forced to choose who to treat.
https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/30/pm-to...owns-13505226/
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/11/us-p...-days-yet.html
https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...-idUSL1N2IA167

plenty of similar figures from other sources as well if peeps search "Covid overruns hospital".
ok , lots of independent sources... not msm's.... i guess you guys are the type that buy the interior protection package when buying a car etc.... basically the mantra on here is MSM good anything else bad.... wow, brainwashed!
going by the figures then, the hospitals are no more over run than most other years....
Old 13-12-2020, 10:01 AM   #8179
PhilT2

So the refrigerated trucks used to store bodies never happened? And the crematoriums working overtime?
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/i-...ths-2020-04-07
2 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2020, 11:48 AM   #8180
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

It absolutely happened to my mate’s father, who died in NY. Frozen for a few weeks, then a prompt, impersonal cremation. Wasn’t short of a quid, either - so it can’t be slated to poverty.

And from Texas - this image will linger a while yet.

Source - SBS/Getty
2 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2020, 11:50 AM   #8181
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
ok , lots of independent sources... not msm's.... i guess you guys are the type that buy the interior protection package when buying a car etc.... basically the mantra on here is MSM good anything else bad.... wow, brainwashed!
going by the figures then, the hospitals are no more over run than most other years....
Occam's razor mate, I don't see a conspiracy because I'm not looking for one.

We are not seeing millions die from Covid (yet) and hospitals completely over run because we are taking steps to prevent it.

The only way to convince you and the likes of Hector Drummond is to do nothing at all and let Covid really take hold.

Even then there would be those who simply would never admit they may have not been completely correct calling it all a conspiracy from the start.
Old 13-12-2020, 11:59 AM   #8182
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
wow, brainwashed!

Sorry but.. it really is!

Must be a SA thing. All of Australia should close all borders to SA. Stop this virus from further spread.
Old 13-12-2020, 01:08 PM   #8183
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Nope. Just wait and see.

Clearly hardly anyone over there is taking it serious. You would have to be blind to not see that.
I can second that. My sis, who lives in the US, is a bit of snowflake when it comes to health and hygiene. Yet they didn't hesitate to take the family on a camping trip with other kids and adults. From the photos they sent, it looks as though social distancing was non existent, and they were wearing masks only when they felt like it. I think seeing half the country and the leader not taking it seriously certainly does rub off.
Old 13-12-2020, 01:34 PM   #8184
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 23:59 GMT December 12th, 2020.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

13 new cases for Australia and 0 deaths so the CMR remains 3.240%. NSW recorded 6 cases, Victoria 5 and Queensland / WA recorded 1 reach.

No new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.195% and active cases remain at 57.

The UK had a lower 21,501 cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore the CMR but even using their method they recorded 520 deaths.

Just over 280k new cases (a new record) in the USA yesterday and 3,035 deaths sees CMR drop to 1.854% and active cases drop to 39.9% with the raw numbers rising and now over 6.5M. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 72M with the last 1M in 1 day;
Global cases set a new daily high of 704,570 (11/12);
North America passes 19M cases;
The USA completes 219M, India 152M, Russia 82M, Italy 24M, Colombia 7M and Panama 1M tests.

Syria (130);
Mauritania (279);
Estonia (760) - 36% above the previous high;
South Korea (950) - 38% above the high yesterday;
Albania (879);
Belarus (1,975);
Panama (2,806);
Denmark (3,552)
- 13% above the previous high;
Slovakia (3,707) - 10% above the previous high;
Mexico (12,253); and
USA (280,140)

... all recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive days.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2020, 01:36 PM   #8185
mostly_broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
I can second that. My sis, who lives in the US, is a bit of snowflake when it comes to health and hygiene. Yet they didn't hesitate to take the family on a camping trip with other kids and adults. From the photos they sent, it looks as though social distancing was non existent, and they were wearing masks only when they felt like it. I think seeing half the country and the leader not taking it seriously certainly does rub off.
social distance around her own family ? I don't know anyone doing that

I wear a mask at the store or whatever but not around friends or family .

Nobody I know wears a mask outdoors although I have seen people alone in a car wearing a mask , I try to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they just left a store and are going right to another one.
Old 13-12-2020, 01:46 PM   #8186
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostly_broncos View Post
social distance around her own family ? I don't know anyone doing that

I wear a mask at the store or whatever but not around friends or family .

Nobody I know wears a mask outdoors although I have seen people alone in a car wearing a mask , I try to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they just left a store and are going right to another one.
LOL not social distancing from family. They went camping with a whole bunch of people, I think it was a couple of friends, then those friends brought their friends etc. It was a rather large group.
Old 13-12-2020, 01:48 PM   #8187
prydey
Rob

Quote:

Must be a SA thing. All of Australia should close all borders to SA. Stop this virus from further spread.
Let's compare the record of each state

There was a virus in vic long before covid hit
Old 13-12-2020, 01:56 PM   #8188
mostly_broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
LOL not social distancing from family. They went camping with a whole bunch of people, I think it was a couple of friends, then those friends brought their friends etc. It was a rather large group.
Basically if I've been around anyone for a few weeks I assume they are safe . That is to say not going to get sick and cough in my face .

Now were they around someone I might not want to be around ? Thats possible and I have no control over it so I don't worry about it.

At some point everyone is going to be exposed even if they spend 23 hours a day hiding in a closet . If it was just a few weeks I guess I'd hide in the closet but its been a year everyone is pretty much over it.

The level of alarm in this thread is way too high for an island nation with barely any infections. Seriously I just looked at the worldometer site it says 4 new cases in Australia today ! 4 , stick a fork in it its OVAH!

You don't even need a vaccine
Old 13-12-2020, 01:59 PM   #8189
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Let's compare the record of each state

There was a virus in vic long before covid hit
It might appear again if Danny boy ****s it up again.... as you might guess I'm being sarcastic.
Old 13-12-2020, 02:30 PM   #8190
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostly_broncos View Post
Basically if I've been around anyone for a few weeks I assume they are safe . That is to say not going to get sick and cough in my face .

Now were they around someone I might not want to be around ? Thats possible and I have no control over it so I don't worry about it.

At some point everyone is going to be exposed even if they spend 23 hours a day hiding in a closet . If it was just a few weeks I guess I'd hide in the closet but its been a year everyone is pretty much over it.

The level of alarm in this thread is way too high for an island nation with barely any infections. Seriously I just looked at the worldometer site it says 4 new cases in Australia today ! 4 , stick a fork in it its OVAH!

You don't even need a vaccine
We are alert mostly_broncos not alarmed.

The media will always hype things up to generate clicks. Everyone understands how the media works.

From June 9th my state of Victoria went from no new cases a day to over seven hundred a day by August 9th. We endured one of the longest and strictest lockdowns to combat the spread.

It was hard but working together we won, we have had no Covid cases for over a month. All the cases you see are returned travellers in quarantine.

Our national economy is now out of recession and we on track to creating employment, way ahead of most of the rest of the world.

So you will excuse us if we seem a little cautious in protecting what we fought hard to achieve.

Last edited by Work Horse; 13-12-2020 at 02:57 PM.
5 users like this post:
Closed Thread