Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-12-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Central locking issue, S1 Forte

Hey guys, i have a central locking issue on a series 1 forte

When i go to lock the doors, it does the locking motion, then it will unlock it self and beep at me,

Also does the same thing when i uses the key.

Ive been around to all the doors and made sure they were all shut properly, and it still does it

Now i held down that button on the drivers door to force it to lock,

Seems to lock the drivers side door, but the other 3 doors stay unlocked

Also the interior light wont turn off either, had to take the bulb out

If anyone could help me would be good as i cant go anywhere atm becuase i can get it to lock the doors

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #2
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 
Default Re: Central locking issue, S1 Forte

a door is being read as still open, hence why you can't lock the car nor will the light turn off....
Old 08-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #3
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Like i said i have been around to all the doors and made sure they were shut properly and it still does it

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
Old 08-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #4
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd906
Like i said i have been around to all the doors and made sure they were shut properly and it still does it
Like Ghiawagon said. The BEM thinks a door is open so there is a dud door actuator somewhere.

Manually lock the drivers door then hit lock on the key pad, What does it do ?
Old 09-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #5
rowan194
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Key in, ACC position (this bit is important so interior light delay is disabled). Keep all doors closed. Open one door at a time and remove the plunger switch (I think it's two screws). If it's a single wire then pulling it out will disconnect it electrically, otherwise pull one of the wires from the back.

If the light goes out, you have your dud switch.

If it's a wagon, don't forget to check the tailgate.
rowan194 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2011, 02:59 PM   #6
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok update

its not the actuators in the doors, i have a electrical gremlin some where, as it will lock some times but wont lock other times

Also had the car read and came up with 2 error codes

Po706, Preformance problem, damaged or wires have been wet,
Po325, Knock sensor not working

will keep updated

Old 10-12-2011, 06:59 PM   #7
david lee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i had the same problem and it was the door actuator
david lee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #8
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seems my problem has dissapeard for now, i think becuase i left the window open a lil with this rain, its gone down into the door and played havoc with the wiring,

But today hasnt been a problem at all

Old 28-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #9
kellyg
Starter Motor

Angry Re: Central locking issue, S1 Forte

We're having the same issues with our au series one wagon and have done everything suggested in every related post and still getting no where in fixing the problem. Doors refusing to lock, interior light stating on, is it the bem/bcm?
We inherited this problem from the previous owner, it only came with one key and fob. Have even resorted to pulling out the head unit!
O Oh, botchup job behind the head unit, could this be causing problem, given that tech info shows the bcm/bec covers the head unit too?
Anyone out there have any idea, could this be the problem?
kellyg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post