Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-09-2005, 05:29 PM   #1
Vdouw
Proud Ford Owner

Default AU II UTE mods

Hey all,

Yes i am a newb but yea ne hoo i have an AU II ute xl style side. I bought it off gov auction so yea its pritty sweat love me fords but yea i wanna do some simple mods ... atm i an going for shift kit (cause its a i6 auto), extractors and sports exhaust, magna injectors, lsd, ss induction air intake and i have allready put a K&N pannel air filter.

Any sugestions on types of exhaust, extractors or any changes u'd personally make? ... its my work ute so i aint gonna do too much just want a bit more power so i can beat those holden barstards.

thanks n much appreciated

Vdouw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 05:48 PM   #2
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Well, first off, welcome.

Now, air intake, try using a Tickford Air Intake, you can get them at your Ford dealer. About $35.

LSD, depending on what ratio you want, varies in price. Mine is an AU(3?) XR LSD with 3.45:1 ratio, cost me $1000 including fitting from a forum member.

Exhaust. There's alot of good systems, some use one mob, others use another mob. I have Pacemaker PH4480 headers and Magnaflow Hi-Flow cat, straight through muffler and 2 1/2" piping. Cost $940 including fitting.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:06 PM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Why would you want to put magna injectors in it? Is it because they are the blue 24l ones? If so, aren't the stock AU I6 injectors the same. If your intention is to get more fuel into the motor to make more power, then there's not much point doing that if the engine isn't tuned to handle it. The engine puts in as much fuel as it can to match the air going in - if you make the injectors too big, all you will do is make the mixture rich. Rich = less power. To do it properly (assuming the magna injectors are actually bigger than the standard I6 injectors), you will need a unichip or similar to make it all work.

As AUII_SE_Ute says, just whack on the tickford snorkel, then search the workshop section on aufalcon . com to find the 'Casper" air box mod - these are as effective as the overpriced SS inductions bigmouth.

As far as exhaust goes, I think I have the similar to AUII_SE_Ute. Paccies (mine are 4499s) & 2.5" redback cats back system.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT

Last edited by JC; 01-09-2005 at 07:21 PM.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 06:35 PM   #4
Vdouw
Proud Ford Owner

Yea i herd from a mechanice mate that magna injectors would be a good idea ... i had my suspesions due to the whole chip thing so i thought i'd post it on here. not sure on wat diff ratio i want though ... what eva is best i guess. ohh n does ne one have ne idea of chips 4 the au i6 ... wats best?
Vdouw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 06:55 PM   #5
loxxr6
XB in parts...

You can get more info for your chip question by visiting www.aufalcon.com

You won't need bigger injectors just yet as your standard ones should accommodate you for a few more modifications yet.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post