Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 06-12-2006, 06:15 PM   #1
Falcon_Power_06

Default CD player help

Hi i am very new to car audio and was wondering if the following head unit i found on ebay for cheap will work in my EL and what sort of speaker wattage i can go up to on a normal batery.

Link

Falcon_Power_06 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2006, 07:08 PM   #2
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

shouldnt ba a problem mate. take her to a pro installer and $50 later you wont have a problem. i say take it to a pro as buy asking this question you obviously are confident enought to take on a install...... apoligies if you do...

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2006, 07:55 PM   #3
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

Hey dude,
buy the mpeg4 version of this brand.
ive got the mpeg4 version of this brand and its great.
i picked mine up for $150.00 about 2 weeks ago.
wiring is simple, however if you got no experience then cartz is right, take it to a pro.
on a normal battery you could go.....1 x head unit...1 x screen....1 x amp & 1-2 x subs.
after that you wont have enough left for things like heaters n air con without changing battery or alternator....hmm actually i think the el was a 85A so you would only need a new battery to chuck even more in ur baby.

bradman

Blue Power Airbox, Sunroof, Typhoon Wheels, Brembos, Prem Sound, Momo Chunky Wheel, Genuine FPV Gauge Holder, Whiteline Swaybars, Lowered, Tinted Windows, 60lb Injectors, Plazmaman Cooler, Hot Side & Under Battery Pipes, 4" Dump & Cat, Process West Surge Tank & Bosch 044, Turbo Inline Oil Filter
BRADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2006, 08:26 PM   #4
Falcon_Power_06

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJSPENCER85
Hey dude,
buy the mpeg4 version of this brand.
ive got the mpeg4 version of this brand and its great.
i picked mine up for $150.00 about 2 weeks ago.
wiring is simple, however if you got no experience then cartz is right, take it to a pro.
on a normal battery you could go.....1 x head unit...1 x screen....1 x amp & 1-2 x subs.
after that you wont have enough left for things like heaters n air con without changing battery or alternator....hmm actually i think the el was a 85A so you would only need a new battery to chuck even more in ur baby.

bradman
yea im goin to get it done by a pro i got no clue where did you get yours for 150?
Falcon_Power_06 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2006, 08:37 PM   #5
efgiar
rofl copter

el are 100 amp and u put in a capacitor before another battery.

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2006, 09:59 PM   #6
DNKPWR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

New to car audio! check it out http://www.caraudioaustralia.com/forums/index.php
Old 06-12-2006, 10:05 PM   #7
malta123

im running two mono blocks and to subs on the standard battery/alternator and it suxs 2 maybe three songs without car runnig befor it wont crank over
malta123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2006, 10:17 PM   #8
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

stock batteries are 360CCA i think from memory.
i bought a 440CCA which works sweet wid 3 x amps 2 x subs.
i still wouldnt run the subs widout car for long.
after all. off the shelf batteries are meant to start cars. not shake neighbourhoods. lol
want long term no car sound. get dual battery n buy deep cycle for the aux battery.

a cap wont fix a power prob. it will only provide instant support for the sub. but then after the instant of power is gone both the amp & cap will need power again. hence bring back the same power prob only slightly delayed. i would def say battery before caps as the longer term storage is where the problem lies. that also stems back to alternator.

just a thought
bradman

Blue Power Airbox, Sunroof, Typhoon Wheels, Brembos, Prem Sound, Momo Chunky Wheel, Genuine FPV Gauge Holder, Whiteline Swaybars, Lowered, Tinted Windows, 60lb Injectors, Plazmaman Cooler, Hot Side & Under Battery Pipes, 4" Dump & Cat, Process West Surge Tank & Bosch 044, Turbo Inline Oil Filter
Old 06-12-2006, 10:36 PM   #9
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

ohh i got my head unit from ebay of course. hehe
umm seller id was OZ-AUCTION...ohh there you go...exact price was $142.50

only reason cheapo headunit is cos headunits dont mean crap. they digitally pass to amps where work is done. plus the cheapo ones have more features that quality ones.

Bradman