Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
T3man
Banned

Default ROH Azzurros 18" x 9"

I have just been through the exercise of importing from USA a small number of these wheels. Everyone will know the Azzurro as the multi-spoke wheel off TE50s. I have trialled them and fitted them up and the original shipment is all spoken for. However I can get some more if there is enough interest.

The wheels have the same offset as our standard AU wheels so this means they will sit 1/2" inwards and 1/2" outwards when compared to the 8s. They are best fitted with 275/35-18 tyres to maintain the same rolling circumference as 245/40-18s.

Naturally they are only suitable for the rear and obviously they are going to look a bit out of place if you don't already have the 18' x 8" versions on your car - or are prepared to buy some. So if you and a mate want some you only need one set of 8s (fairly readily availabe here) to split between you.

Now to the nitty gritty ... there are just a few of these wheels left in stock in USA. They are not available from any other source that I have been able to find, and the current remaining stock is, from all accounts, the VERY LAST OF THEM to ever be available.

I am prepared to make ONE order and one only for people who want to buy a set (pair) at a cost of $1,000. This will be total cost at my door with all necessary import duties, GST, and machine work included. There is a good chance that delivery to most places on the Eastern seaboard can be minimised by my own travels over a period of time; otherwise you will have to also take into account the cost of freight to your door.

I have trialled these on my TE - I can therefore say with confidence there will be no issues fitting them to IRS sedans. However, utes, wagons, or Watts Link rear ends have not been tested as yet.

There is only one other thing you should know - the colour is Astor Silver. This is the silver of the early Ford Azzurros (non Brembo). It does not have quite as much metallic fleck as the T3 Bright Sparkle Silver. However it is hardly noticable except in direct bright sunshine.

If anyone is interested I will start a list here and the proviso is that they will be put on a deadline for orders and then all ordered in the one batch. That deadline is this Sunday 2nd August - we don't want to wait around for ever - and also the dollar may fall which will cause me a problem.

The list...

T3man - 1 pair
FTE72 - 1 pair
BigUnit - 1 pair
TS5019 - 1 pair

Last edited by T3man; 26-07-2010 at 12:17 PM.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2010, 06:51 PM   #2
T3man
Banned

I fitted them to my wagon today - no issues whatsoever - so they will also fit leaf spring rear AUs ie. wagons and utes.
Old 27-07-2010, 11:31 PM   #3
T3man
Banned

Updated list

T3man - 1 pair
FTE72 - 1 pair
BigUnit - 1 pair
TS5019 - 1 pair
philstoj - 1 pair
Old 28-07-2010, 07:39 AM   #4
T3man
Banned

Updated list

T3man - 1 pair
FTE72 - 1 pair
BigUnit - 1 pair
TS5019 - 1 pair
philstoj - 1 pair
barney gt - 1 pair
Old 28-07-2010, 01:58 PM   #5
T3man
Banned

Updated list

T3man - 1 pair
FTE72 - 1 pair
BigUnit - 1 pair
TS5019 - 1 pair
philstoj - 1 pair
barney gt - 1 pair
Cheese3 - 1 pair
bcr2734 - 1 pair
Old 30-07-2010, 08:46 AM   #6
T3man
Banned

Updated list

T3man - 1 pair
FTE72 - 1 pair
BigUnit - 1 pair
TS5019 - 1 pair
philstoj - 1 pair
barney gt - 1 pair
Cheese3 - 1 pair
bcr2734 - 1 pair
xr393 - 1 pair
Old 30-08-2010, 12:15 PM   #7
T3man
Banned

The Azzurros have landed.

They will be cleared through Customs today or tomorrow and I should have them by the end of the week to start on the machine work.
Old 31-08-2010, 12:30 AM   #8
Cheese3
The BEST Falcon is the AU

great news! i was getting ichy fingers to PM you
Cheese3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 10:14 PM   #9
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is indeed good news!
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post