Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-03-2014, 05:27 PM   #211
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Malaysian Airways Flight 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
And why was the aircraft taken to 45,000 feet?

Craig H
That would have to be its maximum ceiling? A nose dive from that height over 8,000m of ocean depth, would be probably one of the best ways to hide it. That kind of impact...gee, like hitting concrete.

I remember reading that it got that high, but unsure if it gradually went back to cruising altitude.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2014, 05:30 PM   #212
cram_it_frog
wombat

What I cannot understand is the entire area is a political nightmare so many different governments and borders why some one did not see the aircraft on there radar

Personally I feel some one knows something but is not telling for more than likely political reasons
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2014, 05:34 PM   #213
FPVS3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
That would have to be its maximum ceiling? A nose dive from that height over 8,000m of ocean depth, would be probably one of the best ways to hide it. That kind of impact...gee, like hitting concrete.

I remember reading that it got that high, but unsure if it gradually went back to cruising altitude.
Max ceiling is 43100'. Above that, depending on weight the aircraft is susceptible to extreme low speed and stall or overspeed, ie the window between the two speed situations is zero or both speed situations overlap.
2011 FG GTP 335 S/C. Auto, tiptronic. iPV ceramic headers, stainless hi flow cats and big bore, BMC filter, X3 tune, DBA T3 rotors, Roadhouse Performance pads. From Herrod; 100lb injectors, hi flow pump, Aeroflow fuel regulator, air to water intercooler, hi boost pulley kit, JLT breather. Hub dynoed at 598fwkw, 498rwkw, 959Nm torque, boost 10.62psi at 3750rpm (warm day). All done by iPV!
Other rides; '21 Jaguar F-Pace, '21 Ford Ranger FX4-MAX.
FPVS3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2014, 06:09 PM   #214
Falcman0o7
Banned

Maybe it's in orbit?
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2014, 07:20 PM   #215
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

One thing that has me curious about this..if the plane was hijacked...why did no one on the plane make a phone call? When the planes were hijacked on 9/11, passengers on those planes called loved ones. Why were there no calls? No text messages? Nothing. No reception maybe?

It all just does not make sense.

Cheers
Col
Old 16-03-2014, 07:33 PM   #216
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise View Post
One thing that has me curious about this..if the plane was hijacked...why did no one on the plane make a phone call? When the planes were hijacked on 9/11, passengers on those planes called loved ones. Why were there no calls? No text messages? Nothing. No reception maybe?

It all just does not make sense.

Cheers
Col
True, you`d think this day and age there would have been 20 videos uploaded on youtube even before the plane was confirmed missing. Be pretty easy to stop someone not just using their device, but scrambling the single. Like that guy in the states who go sick of listening to other peoples mobile conversations on public transport, so he came up with a device that basically rendered them useless.

1. Maybe they didnt have the opportunity to for a number of reasons.

2. That could have something to do with the 20 Employee`s of that cloaking company.

3. Food and drinks were spiked.
Old 16-03-2014, 07:42 PM   #217
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
True, you`d think this day and age there would have been 20 videos uploaded on youtube even before the plane was confirmed missing. Be pretty easy to stop someone not just using their device, but scrambling the single. Like that guy in the states who go sick of listening to other peoples mobile conversations on public transport, so he came up with a device that basically rendered them useless.

1. Maybe they didnt have the opportunity to for a number of reasons.

2. That could have something to do with the 20 Employee`s of that cloaking company.

3. Food and drinks were spiked.
1. Possibly correct for an instant, catastrophic event. The evidence suggests the event didn't happen instantly.

2. Possibly, but what range would such a device have? Would the pilot not have also encountered issues with their own comms? Power source? How could it have been concealed?

3. Doubt it. For that to happen it would have had to be done at the place that makes / packs the food. It takes probably an hr to serve a plane its meals. By the time they got half way, the first people would have started showing symptoms and they would have stopped serving. Besides, everybody process food differently, some lighter folk would be out in minutes, some heavy set people my just get a tummy upset.

The more we learn (or are told), the more questions we have....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2014, 07:43 PM   #218
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Or because, you know, it was 2:30 in the morning and most people were asleep or trying to get to sleep. That makes things much easier for the hijacker/whoever and deal with those left who were awake and fiddling with their phones.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2014, 07:47 PM   #219
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If say it was a Pilot suicide, even without the help of others, how would the passengers know something was wrong by a change in direction? All the Pilot has to do is announce that he`s making a slight change in course to avoid an approaching storm, take it t 45k feet and nose dive. Doubt you`d be able to use a mobile under that g-force, and probably pass out.
Old 16-03-2014, 08:09 PM   #220
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
Or because, you know, it was 2:30 in the morning and most people were asleep or trying to get to sleep. That makes things much easier for the hijacker/whoever and deal with those left who were awake and fiddling with their phones.
I can understand your explaination, however the plane flew on for 5 or more hours. One hijacker could not have gotten around to everyone on that plane to collect all phones...so if the plane did fly on, the mobile phone signals must have been blocked but then how were there reports of phones ringing out?

I, like many others, are trying to work out how and what has happened. Hard to make a definitive decision with so much missing information.

Cheers
Col
Old 16-03-2014, 08:15 PM   #221
martyal44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In 2001 how could you use a cell phone on a plane travelling at speed and height when they need a 'cell' sequnce of towers to pick up and send/receive a signal, I doubt you can do it now,even in 'plane' mode. unless you're Liam Neeson LOL.
martyal44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2014, 08:24 PM   #222
gtfpv
GT

nothing i've read has changed my opinion . structural failure , causing a pressure drop and pass out/death of all on board , plane climbs, till it literally cant climb anymore , stalls , auto pilot tries to fight errors in structure as best it can causing altitude and direction changes .
it's easy to believe this one . stage 2 though is what happened after this and who observed these changes ?and what action was taken if any at all .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2014, 08:29 PM   #223
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyal44 View Post
In 2001 how could you use a cell phone on a plane travelling at speed and height when they need a 'cell' sequence of towers to pick up and send/receive a signal, I doubt you can do it now, even in 'plane' mode. Unless you're Liam Neeson LOL.
There were reports of the plane flying low. There was quite a lot of land mass below the route. Phones are created differently; some will get a signal when others will show out of range.

I think it was also reported that this particular plane actually had an in built mobile booster (or something that allowed the use of phones). Not all that 'out there', as some carriers are trailing the use of mobiles by passengers I hear.

Plane mode.. well if that was active it is the opposite to what I think you understand it to be. Plane mode turns off any transmitter, meaning nothing in, and nothing out. If you are an Apple person, 'plane mode' essentially turns an iphone into an ipod.

As mentioned above, phones had been used on numerous occasions during a flight. Would just be the luck of the draw if you got a decent signal or not. I guess you could send a text that would keep trying to send every x minutes when the reception kicks in.

Old 16-03-2014, 08:44 PM   #224
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv View Post
nothing i've read has changed my opinion . structural failure , causing a pressure drop and pass out/death of all on board , plane climbs, till it literally cant climb anymore , stalls , auto pilot tries to fight errors in structure as best it can causing altitude and direction changes .
it's easy to believe this one . stage 2 though is what happened after this and who observed these changes ?and what action was taken if any at all .
How do you explain the supposed 7 hours of further operations and the fact that the aircraft made significant and numerous changes in altitude and heading and that the aircraft was last tracked by satellite to the west of mainland Malaysia?

Surely, given the scenario you have put forward, the autopilot would bot have made such significant changes, at least without human intervention?

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2014, 08:50 PM   #225
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Only thing is that the data reporting system was turned off, then 15 minutes later the transponder was shut down, both manually. Doubt even with the most unlikely electrical malfunction would cause the auto pilot to do that. Then again, who knows.
Old 16-03-2014, 08:56 PM   #226
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Only thing is that the data reporting system was turned off, then 15 minutes later the transponder was shut down, both manually. Doubt even with the most unlikely electrical malfunction would cause the auto pilot to do that. Then again, who knows.
and nobody knew this ? how long did that proposition ( oh sorry info ) take to get released ?
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2014, 09:00 PM   #227
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVS3 View Post
Max ceiling is 43100'. Above that, depending on weight the aircraft is susceptible to extreme low speed and stall or overspeed, ie the window between the two speed situations is zero or both speed situations overlap.
May I pick your brain again please?

Ok, autopilot is in control of the plain. Is it just like cruise control where the plane flies in a straight line or can it be programmed to do a bunch of turns this way and that?

My question is in regards to the gaining of altitude to 45k. If the plane was set to fly 'straight' as it goes further forward it will be gaining altitude as the curvature of the Earth comes into play.

Could this be a possibility? Or is a gradual decline of a few seconds factored into the forward movement of the plane so that it flies parallel to the surface automatically???

Old 16-03-2014, 09:02 PM   #228
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post

Ok, autopilot is in control of the plain. Is it just like cruise control where the plane flies in a straight line or can it be programmed to do a bunch of turns this way and that?

My question is in regards to the gaining of altitude to 45k. If the plane was set to fly 'straight' as it goes further forward it will be gaining altitude as the curvature of the Earth comes into play.

Could this be a possibility? Or is a gradual decline of a few seconds factored into the forward movement of the plane so that it flies parallel to the surface automatically???
I think, and I may be wrong, but gravity would keep it at the same height.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2014, 09:57 PM   #229
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
and nobody knew this ? how long did that proposition ( oh sorry info ) take to get released ?
I watched them talking about it on Fox news last night. They had a speaker from some branch of the aviation industry, and another from an Intelligence agency. Interview was short.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-flying.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26600361
Old 16-03-2014, 11:41 PM   #230
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd View Post
I think people need to pay a little more heed to Karlene Pettit.
I have heard from a reliable source that Malaysian Airlines received ACARS data after reporting lost communication, and they have issued a statement saying that they are not prepared to release it.
looking bang on the money bro

http://karlenepetitt.blogspot.com.au...speculate.html
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-03-2014, 12:58 AM   #231
George1861

From the Conspiracy Theory side of things http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines...kes-false-flag

and http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines...-as-we-know-it
Old 17-03-2014, 06:26 AM   #232
FPVS3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post

The A/P would keep it at the same altitude if its left alone. Depending what's set on the altimeters. Curvature of the earth doesn't do anything. The altimeter is set to a barometric reference standard of 1013 hpa for cruise so actual height above the surface may vary a little as the aircraft moves from area to area and the actual pressure changes. To change altitude the flight management computer has to be programmed by a pilot and the aircraft be in a vertical nav mode or the pilot manually does it with more direct controls, in these cases the altimeter has to be set to the required different altitude. Or the pilots can simply disengage the A/P and manually raise or lower the nose and make the appropriate thrust change.
2011 FG GTP 335 S/C. Auto, tiptronic. iPV ceramic headers, stainless hi flow cats and big bore, BMC filter, X3 tune, DBA T3 rotors, Roadhouse Performance pads. From Herrod; 100lb injectors, hi flow pump, Aeroflow fuel regulator, air to water intercooler, hi boost pulley kit, JLT breather. Hub dynoed at 598fwkw, 498rwkw, 959Nm torque, boost 10.62psi at 3750rpm (warm day). All done by iPV!
Other rides; '21 Jaguar F-Pace, '21 Ford Ranger FX4-MAX.
FPVS3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-03-2014, 08:42 AM   #233
Trump
bitch lasagne

Fact or foil:

http://www.eutimes.net/2014/03/russi...re-by-us-navy/

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2014, 08:43 AM   #234