Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 18-06-2006, 10:34 PM   #1
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default My Year in Review

The Year in Review – Helder

Initial Reactions
My initial reactions when dad announced that I may be able to buy my first car were to purchase a Japanese 4 cylinder. The R32 GTS, S13 Silvia and the FC RX-7 as well as the odd 180sx popped into my head, having friends that were into Japanese cars affected the decision in what I wanted to get.

When dad ultimately financed the ink blue Fiesta LX under my name and told me that over the next 3 to 4 years I would be paying the car off, my reaction was torture. I hated the fact that dad went out and financed something that would take me up to 4 years to pay off as well as a car that was considered “cute” and even girl-like.

Euroford
After finally submitting to the idea that dad wasn’t going to return the Fiesta I thought about just driving it and searched up a club of Fiesta’s. Within AFF (no idea how I arrived here), I found Euroford and inside were people that were into Focus’', Fiesta’s, Mondeo's and other European Fords I might've missed and eventually over time I’ve learnt to love my Fiesta. You could say that if it weren’t for Euroford I would have never liked and loved my Fiesta this much.

My first cruise up to Mount Macedon only strengthened this as I finally met up with the guys in the club and put display names to faces.

What I Like
A car newbie like myself I have no idea what this part and that parts mean; so here’s some dot points of what I like;
- The handling/steering
- The colour
- Fuel economy
- Free-revving engine (?)

Only after going through a long sweeping curve at a friends party with a high school friend riding shotgun made me realize how awesome the Fiesta handles (: Not to mention the “twisty” sections on Lysterfield Drive on the way to uni.

What I Don’t Like
- My various collection of dents
- Lack of power

Conclusion
So in conclusion, even though I started off hating my Fiesta, over time with realization and with the help of the guys from Euroford, I’m finally converted and to say the least. I love my Fiesta! Now whenever, I would go out with the high school friends with the FTO’s, the s13’s, the s14’s and the Supra’s I wouldn’t be ashamed of my Fiesta and hold my head high.

Of course here are some images of the past year.

At Highpoint, before the meetup for the Mt Macedon cruise.

Another picture of the Mt Macedon cruise.

Paired alongside my best friends FTO.

At the medical centre's carpark near my place.

Oh, and no shame for driving an Auto : and yes, after two accidents (ramming the friend up the backend and getting rammed) I'm still here

xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 12:11 AM   #2
Swaytan
Swaytan

What a great idea xurbanx, year in review, don't mind if I do!

- The Year in Review -

Initial Reactions

Where do I start? Last year, after being almost bludgeoned to death by the ATO, I had to spend money on a brand new car. You see, I get payed a car allowance by my employer, 10k a year, tax free & it needs to be spent on a car or I get taxed at over 50%. That 10k can also include, rego, insurance, tyres, maintenance blah blah.

So I started researching small cars. I looked at & test drove the Holden Astra Coupe & Barina, Ford Fiesta LX, Hyundai Accent & Excel, Mazda 3, Mitzubishi Colt & Lancer. Out of this I chose the Fez because of the service I received from the Ford dealer. Now I'm in my second Fez & LOVING IT!

Ford Forums

Without getting too soppy, everyone on here has been awesome. I've been given some awesome advice, and been saved alot of cash!

What I Like

How zippy it is.
Sporty look
Simple design
Comfort
Hell, I like it all really!

What I Don’t Like

Could do with a little more power, but with petrol costing what it does these days, whatever...

Conclusion

Buying the Fez has been an awesome experience, I will be recomending everybody I know to buy a Fez if ever they are in the market.

Here's my baby, it's name is Meshuggah...

Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 01:03 AM   #3
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Meshuggah! Now there's an interesting choice in a name. What inspired that?
Old 19-06-2006, 06:54 PM   #4
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLeigh
Meshuggah! Now there's an interesting choice in a name. What inspired that?
Meshuggah is Yiddish for crazy... :evil3:
Old 19-06-2006, 10:17 PM   #5
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

- The Year in Review -

Initial Reactions

Well when I first got my full-time job I was planning to get a new small car. After a brief research, I really like the look of the Ford Fiesta (WP at the time). So as I was saving up... I learned that the WQ is coming in 2006.. facelift, slightly altered interior etc.... I was like "WOW, im DEFINITELY getting that". I test drove one in early May, that was just it for me.... NICE driving position, amazing engine response, VERY stable, not much bodyroll... I just loved it.
Decided to get the LX rather than Zetec cos I figured that I probably wont really push this car to its limit through corners, dont really need foglights and I can get some aftermarket wheels later on down the track.

Ford Forums

I've just joined this AFF, the ppl here seems cool. A nice place to talk Fez.

What I Like

-Engine response
-Nice engine sound
-Driving position
-Looks great
-Nice built
-Nice interior
-The smell

What I Don’t Like

-CD player doesnt automatically take the CD in when you shove it into the slot. You have to turn the power on first and then shove in the CD :/

-Bonet release lever is on the passenger side used:

-The "beep beep beep" thingy (immobilizer turning off) when you start the car (anyone know how to turn this off? is it even possible?)

-"Black panther" really shows minor scratches :( I really dunno where from. I doubt someone did it... looks natural and very light.

Conclusion

The best new small car under AU$20,000. MUCH better drive than any other cars in that category.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 10:51 PM   #6
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

I'll change this a little,

My Fiesta Ownership in Review (A little over 18 months)

Initial Reactions:
My wife and I were considering buying a new car, I drove an HG Kingswood (186ci, Traumatic, Great Paintjob (from a distance of about 1km)), she drove a TN Magna (say no more). we first saw an ad for ex-demo Echo's, she decide she wanted one, I thought otherwise, so I took her down to sit in one, maybe take it for a drive. Needless to say we didn't need to drive it, as soon as we sat in it, EWWW NO!.
Then one day about 2 months later, I had the day off, we decided to start looking at cars again, I had a fair idea what I didn't want, (I'm in and out of 100's of cars every month, test driving etc) our first stop was Byrne Ford here in Brisbane, intending to drive around a bit and see a few cars. The Fiesta had only been released a short while at this stage, anyways one test drive later & we were signing papers (I actually forgot how to sign my name at this point). Then after what seemed like a long wait on the 22nd of november we picked up our new baby.

AFF:
Not sure how I found youse guys, but has been a learning experience, I've found out a fair bit more than I would've on my own (probably broken stuff in the process). Had a few laughs at others expense too.

Whats Nice:
-The way the scuff plates reflect in certain lights
-Its not a Falcadore :P
-The Handling (even better now with 17's and suspension)
-Its not an Echo :P
- Driving position (I'm not a small bloke, but it fits me perfect)
-Its not a Hyundai :P
-Its not over the top, but it stands out in a carpark of Blandness
-The noise over 4500rpm
-Fuel Consumption (or lack thereof)

Whats not so Nice:
-Head Unit, Why oh Why?
-People calling it a Festiva :(
-Inconsiderate Stud Pattern, In Australia limited choice of wheels.
-People telling me I've got a reverse light blown.

Overall:
I just love it

Nickname:
Smartarse Little Car (I've been driving my work ute for a while, the Fiesta is bit more intelligent than a Triton Ute )

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??

Last edited by Scareybear; 19-06-2006 at 11:02 PM.
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 10:54 PM   #7
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Beep beep beep: do your seatbelt up before starting. Hope that helps.
Old 19-06-2006, 11:04 PM   #8
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scareybear
-People calling it a Festiva :(
Oh, you're too right.

"Are you suuure?... isn't it made in Korea". --When I tell people that my car is made in German, engineered in German etc.

ing_sm
Old 20-06-2006, 11:25 AM   #9
Sonia

"What car have you got?"
"A Fiesta"
"Festiva?"
"NO.... German, not Korean"

I've had this conve many times :(

At least we can confidently say the car is German engineered and German made.... unlike the latest Focus !
Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 12:12 PM   #10
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Its even more sad when i booked in for a 15k service with Ford and the girl on the phone kept saying " ford never made a 2004 Festiva, you must have a Focus then". So i kinda let that one slip by and said no its a fiesta. Turn up at the service dept to pick the car up and he goes um there is only one reverse light working. I quickly got otta there. Who trains these people??
Old 20-06-2006, 12:24 PM   #11
Sonia

hahaha
That's so sad !
It's really sad when they hire retards... oh wait... it's Ford... retards is ALL they hire for customer service roles.
Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 05:50 PM   #12
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Its even more sad when i booked in for a 15k service with Ford and the girl on the phone kept saying " ford never made a 2004 Festiva, you must have a Focus then". So i kinda let that one slip by and said no its a fiesta. Turn up at the service dept to pick the car up and he goes um there is only one reverse light working. I quickly got otta there. Who trains these people??
Are you serious? which Ford dealer is this?
Old 20-06-2006, 05:52 PM   #13
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsfantz
hahaha
That's so sad !
It's really sad when they hire retards... oh wait... it's Ford... retards is ALL they hire for customer service roles.
When I first got my Fez, I "contacted Ford" asking if 100RON + 5% EtOH is ok for the car. They basically copy and paste what the owner manual said.
Old 20-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #14
kenneth_lks
Fiestata!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
That Ford dealer should reconsider the position of these people...LOL..ridicuous
kenneth_lks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #15
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The last time I went to Ford to get my gearbox fixed they were pretty nice. They didn't experience the problem (Which i can understand coz it is very intermittent) but they did adjust the selector and bled the clutch which seems to have fixed it. They said if it happens again to go back and they will look at the synchros.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 06:21 PM   #16
kenneth_lks
Fiestata!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKid
When I first got my Fez, I "contacted Ford" asking if 100RON + 5% EtOH is ok for the car. They basically copy and paste what the owner manual said.
At least they answered you issue.

I asked the technician of showing me how to take the taillight off for replacing bulbs by myself when I was doing the 3K inspection. They told me that is covered by the Ford Warranty so no need to worry so much and they will fix it for free if necessary. Unfortunately, I went there as one of the brake light got blown (bout 6 months ago) and charged me $40 for the job fee though the bulb was free of charge...They explained to me that the Ford workmanship would cost $90/h..

Lucky, I know how to replace it now..LOL
kenneth_lks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 11:05 PM   #17
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsfantz
"What car have you got?"
"A Fiesta"
"Festiva?"
"NO.... German, not Korean"

I've had this conve many times :(

At least we can confidently say the car is German engineered and German made.... unlike the latest Focus !
Look at the Fiesta WP & WQ compared to the new Barina, no contest. I walked past a new Barina today, it looked like a strong breeze could have made it fall apart...
Old 21-06-2006, 02:14 AM   #18
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I don't own one anymore, but I have within the past year;

The Year in Review -

Initial Reactions

So my dad was asked to drive to work with his own car from now on (after having a company car supplied to get to work). So the mission was on - to find a car with style and engaging to drive! I was initially after a 306 XSi, which soon became a 206 GTi, then a Holden Barina SRi and I'm still not entirely sure how I found out about the Fiesta, because at the time I hated Ford with a passion and was always a Holden man.

I popped down to the Ford dealer, and the guy took me for a spin in a Fiesta LX. Can I just say the dealer knew how to drive... and I had a smile on my face the whole time. I was convinced - I wanted the WP Zetec... because it had the nicer looks, and special colour (Aquarius blue). Done; in Sept 04 I became the proud owner of a Fiesta Zetec. And can I say, at the time EVERYONE commented on it!

Ford Forums

Not really sure how I found about it. Pretty sure I was on the US Fordforums and then I was refered to here.... Great bunch of informative people, and also some ok drive days also.

What I Like (Liked)

Economy - Sometimes anyway... seemed to increase a lot in the city (well mine did ;))
Handling - By far the best handling small car below $25,000.
Safety - great brakes after I got better tyres....
Space - it really is quite spacious. Especially after jumping into a Clio...
Engine - always wants to play, and rev. The transmission just adds to the enthusiasm. I drove a Clio 1.6L for 2 days whilst my RSC was getting fixed. It does not even come close to the Fiesta's 1.6L engine! The Fiesta was very free-revving
Turning Circle - I miss doing U turns :(
Build quality - Interior was well put together, and the ergonomics were great; everything within an arm's length
Quality door thud when closing it... not hollow like some current small cars.

What I Don’t (Didn't) Like

-Girl comments that come with it
-Needed more power (um... issue solved LOL)
-Some things were missing in the WP model....
-Stupid rear seat bench. You need to pull the whole bench forward before putting down the 60/40 section. Pretty stupid... as to pull down the 40% side completely flat, no one can even sit in the back!
-Um, my headrest kept smacking the sun visor - Maybe because I sit too close?

Conclusion

A great small car, which I loved dearly for 1.5 years. But, with a new job came more pay... and the need for a nicer car. But I recommend the Fiesta to EVERYONE in the market for a small car, and I'm glad I was luckily enough to have a Fiesta Zetec as my first car. It taught me a lot about cars... and how to drive safely and confidently

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 06:10 PM   #19
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^

"great power comes with great responsibility...............More pay comes with the need for a nicer car."