Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 30-03-2005, 03:59 PM   #1
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

Default AIR Street Drags 2/4/05 - Anyone going?

There are street drags this saturday night at Adelaide International Raceway. Just wondering if anyone from here is going? I want to try and crack a 13.7 from my XR6T as last time I didn't get as many runs as I wanted to and never got a 100% perfect launch becuase I didn't find the best stall point..

I am still contemplating whether to compete or not.. Its so much fun but I just cleaned all the rubber out of my guards from last time! :alien2:

LEGAL OFF-STREET DRAG RACING

Saturday April 2nd 2005

Starts 4p.m.

Finishes 10.30p.m.

Ticket Prices

$50.00 Competitors

$25.00 Junior Dragster

$17.00 Spectators

$12.00 Concession

Children under 13 Free if accompanied by an adult

Last edited by BA GT-HO; 30-03-2005 at 04:01 PM.
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2005, 04:12 PM   #2
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA GT-HO
There are street drags this saturday night at Adelaide International Raceway. Just wondering if anyone from here is going? I want to try and crack a 13.7 from my XR6T as last time I didn't get as many runs as I wanted to and never got a 100% perfect launch becuase I didn't find the best stall point..

I am still contemplating whether to compete or not.. Its so much fun but I just cleaned all the rubber out of my guards from last time! :alien2:

LEGAL OFF-STREET DRAG RACING

Saturday April 2nd 2005

Starts 4p.m.

Finishes 10.30p.m.

Ticket Prices

$50.00 Competitors

$25.00 Junior Dragster

$17.00 Spectators

$12.00 Concession

Children under 13 Free if accompanied by an adult
I'll be there...should be a good night but the weather forecast indicates a change on Saturday night.

I'll keep an eye out for your car.

Cheers

Brad

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2005, 04:15 PM   #3
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

Nuts, its 36 degrees, hope it cools down later on tonight..
Old 02-04-2005, 11:38 PM   #4
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8888
I'll be there...should be a good night but the weather forecast indicates a change on Saturday night.
You could say that happened!!!!!!!

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 12:23 AM   #5
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

Yes a dust storm was not what I thought would happen. Pretty bad to only get 2 runs in and have to go home.. out:
Old 03-04-2005, 12:33 AM   #6
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

how did you go, did you see Brad?

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 09:15 AM   #7
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
how did you go, did you see Brad?
Mark

It was not the best of days/nights....

Got out there it was blowing a gale with all cars going into a headwind and temperature of about 33.

Only managed 2 runs and a dust storm came in about 6-45pm....people were actually running to shelter it was that bad. By the time the storm hit and me shutting my window was about 30 seconds but it was enough time to cover the inside of the car with dust.

I did the 1st run (my first ever) 14.4 @102mph 60' of 2.4!!!....big wheel spin and hit the limiter in 1st so that was it..

Simon did the 2nd run....13.45 @105mph but his 60' was crap compared to last time when he did 1.8. Last night his 60' was 2.1. Air temp on the slip showed 33.

It was only 10 minutes after the 2nd run that the storm hit....waited for about an hour for them to start racing again and then decided to call it a night.

Bit disappointing.

Cheers

Brad

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 11:42 AM   #8
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Thumbs up Drags

Quote:
Mark

Got out there it was blowing a gale with all cars going into a headwind and temperature of about 33.

Only managed 2 runs and a dust storm came in about 6-45pm....people were actually running to shelter it was that bad. By the time the storm hit and me shutting my window was about 30 seconds but it was enough time to cover the inside of the car with dust.

I did the 1st run (my first ever) 14.4 @102mph 60' of 2.4!!!....big wheel spin and hit the limiter in 1st so that was it..

Simon did the 2nd run....13.45 @105mph but his 60' was crap compared to last time when he did 1.8. Last night his 60' was 2.1. Air temp on the slip showed 33.

It was only 10 minutes after the 2nd run that the storm hit....waited for about an hour for them to start racing again and then decided to call it a night.

Bit disappointing.

Cheers

Brad
Don't be disheartened, there's always another day. The BA XR8's are just lining up for goods times. There's no doubting your car is heading for that low 13 mark from the look of your times.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:27 PM   #9
BOOSTN-EF

That was crazy weather out there!!

hung around for a while but it didnt look like racing was going to start again, would have taken a while to clean all the dust off the track.

with that mph you will be in the 12's if you can get it off the mark well.
BOOSTN-EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 02:07 PM   #10
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

Well I went pretty crap.

14.5 @ 96MPH due to not stalling it up and backing off before the line (sun in eyes lines and crap everywhere!) still stupid mistake.

then

14.00 @ 100MPH when it was still 34 degrees.

Spewing as I know there was a 13 for the taking but got unlucky with the weather..
Old 03-04-2005, 06:53 PM   #11
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Mark

Bit disappointing.

Cheers

Brad
Hi Brad, good results considering the circumstances. Looks likes there's more to come from your car aswell. Ba drag wars looks like their just heating up, will be intresting to see who's unopened 26o will be the first to crack into the 12 sec zone.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 10:14 PM   #12
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:

Considering you did a 2.1 60 foot, and still ran the 13.4, looks like Simon has got a bit more out of your car as well..
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Ba drag wars looks like their just heating up, will be intresting to see who's unopened 26o will be the first to crack into the 12 sec zone.
Declare war on the Holden’s, we need to beat them 1st, then we can beat each other.. : lol..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Well done to all you Adelaide guy's for having a crack...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post