Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 16-06-2007, 09:24 PM   #1
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Amatuer Drag Racing Regs

I'm building my first car dedicated to drag racing and speed trials. The only races I've ever been too were the nationals a couple of times when they were at Caulder. Never been to a smaller meet.

What are the general rules for a street meet at Caulder or one of the country meets like Sale or Mildura?
Am I typically able to run open pipes?
Can only street cars run at a street meet or can I take my car down there?
I'll be fitting a catch can and tailshaft loop, are there any other things I need to worry about for scruitineering?
Do I have to get a cams licence?
Is there a handbook or something I can get from ANDRA or CAMS etc?

BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2007, 09:26 PM   #2
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bargh, mods delete this thread if you want. I just saw the sticky up top on Caulder.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 08:40 PM   #3
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you pick up a copy of the latest ANDRA rule book, It'll tell you everything you need to know.
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post