Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-01-2006, 07:53 PM   #1
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Default Copper Car with...

WOW, last weekend i had the biggest shock ever. My mates thought i was having an orgasm (dunno why though :yeees: ) So yes.... we were on our way to a night out in Sydney, and then as we went down towards IMAX from Anzac Bridge... there was a White XR8 with GREEN P PLATES which had pulled over a car.

Now, is this really allowed?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2006, 08:10 PM   #2
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They are exempt from those sorts of road rules although it's really poor form.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2006, 10:45 PM   #3
stiddy
Banned

Yes they do, do this.. i got sprung in St Marys by a White BA XR6 non turbo, he gee'd me up off the lights and i let go, only to the speedlimit and ended up with the "streetracer" next to me flicking on lights..
he gave me a warning and told me to keep it at wsid.. and siad that i was lucky i stopped at the speed limit and didnt wheelspin..

i seriously thought it was just another p plater hoon having a bit fo a street light brap with me..
I think its fairly bad that they actually provoke people to do the wrong thing so they can book them.. Cant you fight it that he was taking part in street racing aswell??
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2006, 11:06 PM   #4
HOON69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
Yes they do, do this.. i got sprung in St Marys by a White BA XR6 non turbo, he gee'd me up off the lights and i let go, only to the speedlimit and ended up with the "streetracer" next to me flicking on lights..
he gave me a warning and told me to keep it at wsid.. and siad that i was lucky i stopped at the speed limit and didnt wheelspin..

i seriously thought it was just another p plater hoon having a bit fo a street light brap with me..
I think its fairly bad that they actually provoke people to do the wrong thing so they can book them.. Cant you fight it that he was taking part in street racing aswell??
lol that'll teach ya

actually cant wait for the replies for this one..

its entrapment but legal dunno how or why but its ok for the cops to do 200kmh with a hoon beside em,i dunno why but it is..
what can you do.
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 12:34 AM   #5
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Regardless of whether or not they were or were not doing the right thing, if you are silly/unlucky enough to get sprung in these circumstances tis just bad luck. Not good form imo though.
Old 14-01-2006, 01:48 AM   #6
Zedjay
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

today i saw a radar trap right out the front of the loacal police station.
what makes it funny though is that every day there are cop cars parked out the front of this cop shop and today one of them was a hwy pt with the copper sitting inside and radioing to his mate up the road which car to stop. so many people got done.

another trick the cops do up here is to use a commo wagon complete with surf boards on the roof. you wouldnt know if it didnt have the thingy hangin of the side of the roof
and i think ive seen it with P plate on it once or twice too
Zedjay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 02:41 AM   #7
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't know if you guys know this but Parramatta and some other Sydney location have brand new fully marked STI's. Apparently they are to be used to chase down street racers and such.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 02:46 AM   #8
Zedjay
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ive seen a WRX fully marked cop car on the old pacific hwy from sydney to gosford i think their after the bikes .
Zedjay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 10:23 AM   #9
falcon91

A few years ago in Vic a young constable put a Big 'For Sale' sign on his unmarked and parked on the median strip and was using his radar for his mate down the road. It caused a bit of a stink in the media, however the police commissioner or whoever said on TV that they wouldn’t do it anymore but congratulated the young constable on his initiative???
falcon91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 12:50 PM   #10
EL_futuraistic

Thats gold Falcon91....... i never heard that.
EL_futuraistic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 01:31 PM   #11
stiddy
Banned

moral to the story, dont race newish looking falcons or commos hahahahaha
Old 14-01-2006, 01:45 PM   #12
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
moral to the story, dont race newish looking falcons or commos hahahahaha
or just dont race :P :
Old 14-01-2006, 01:49 PM   #13
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
or just dont race :P :

lol i know man, im just taking the p!ss
Old 14-01-2006, 02:47 PM   #14
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At xmas on the F3 out of Sydney I saw a white XR8 with GT stripes. Saw it going into and 2 days later out of Sydney both times with someone pulled up. Second time a bike which had probably been going up the inside of cars as there was a 2 lane car park up the freeway.
Old 14-01-2006, 02:53 PM   #15
xr8ute
Back on the road

You Sydney guys can get cops to race you? I can't even get the rice boi's interested in a race down here in Wollongong... :(

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 03:09 PM   #16
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ute
You Sydney guys can get cops to race you? I can't even get the rice boi's interested in a race down here in Wollongong... :(
Ricer bois know they can't beat a V8
Old 15-01-2006, 06:04 PM   #17
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

is it illegal to gun it from the lights with out breaking traction and give it to it but hit the speed limit and dont go over?
I do this ALOT, and it ИИИИes marked cop cars right off! its legal though yeah? :P
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2006, 06:16 PM   #18
blo666

When i moved from sydney thay were saying that the new police were going to have to have a p plates and not aloud to go over 120km (or what ever it was) maybe that has come in now ?????
Gary
Old 15-01-2006, 06:49 PM   #19
The Monty
Just slidin'

There was one on the southside between yatala nortrh and south exits today. It was one of those jacked up looking crewman things and it was unmarked. Had someone pulled over.
Old 16-01-2006, 01:05 AM   #20
Bobman
Regulator

sfrRob: I did that once in my EA in front of a divisional van, they followed me for 3 kms, pulled me over and said "Who do you think you are, LEAD FOOT LARRY?" which I calmly replied "wrong person mate"... after the usual checks e.t.c they let me off with no fine, as I did not commit any illegal act. If it was a TMU I would have had my car looked at, so yeah it depends but your risking a canary if you do it in front of certain police, they will ALWAYS find something to defect on any car...

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2006, 01:41 AM   #21
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
is it illegal to gun it from the lights with out breaking traction and give it to it but hit the speed limit and dont go over?
I do this ALOT, and it ИИИИes marked cop cars right off! its legal though yeah? :P
It really depends on just how much harrassment you want to get from the police.

If you really did make a legal nusciance of yourself then they have probably put your no. plate details into their intel.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2006, 01:49 AM   #22
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
There's no entrapment laws like in the US so they can pretty much do want they want as far as I know.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2006, 11:21 AM   #23
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i was in mates old Charger R/T a few years ago and he was pulled over doing nothing wrong and young Police Woman was been a real smartarse ИИИИИ so mate got a bit angry and told her to go hassle an actual criminal,next thing i know he had a smashed indicator and a unroadworthy ticket i saw her smash it with my own eyes, (it was like in the movies) except it realy happened.
he complained to proper people next day and was told to drop it as he had no photo to prove it and with only 3 witness's we could not win
seems that you need 3 or 4 to 1 ratio of witness's these days to have a chance at a cop.
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2006, 11:43 AM   #24
BlackLS

Yep around SW Sydney Ive seen unmarked BA cop cars with Red, Green P plates, EVEN Ls!

They are normally used to follow a line of cars into industrial areas to get intell on street racers and to encourage other P platers to "play" around with them.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post