Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
rdmr

Default Everything is not all doom and gloom

G'day all,
First off I am a Ford employee.
I've been reading the threads in the pub for some time now and feel disappointed to say the least from some of the members here.
Not all Ford employees are down and out and feel there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
Some employees, and obviously myself still feel proud to wear the blue oval each day. We show the uttermost care to detail and quality of our product each and every day. We strive to achieve our targets and have faith in our products.
Things are not what they used to be and we don't always agree with the way in which we percieve the company is heading.
But I will never spread negative gosip about our company here or anywhere else. Some of the negative truths I read here I know to be second and third hand talk. He said/she said stuff.
Ford Australia is still here and still producing, and producing excellent cars.
Don't give up.
It might not seem like it but you can bet there is a hell of a lot people out there in Ford management and government fighting like hell to see manufacturing continue in this country. We've just got to beat the bastards who say manufacturing has no future here.
Money is still being spent. It may not be huge amounts but new equipment and processes are still being introduced. We have always worked on a shoestring budget in Australia, it's just a shorter lace these days.
Go Ford, Go Falcon and Territory.

And no I'm not from marketing or PR. I'm production.

rdmr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
whynot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Everything is not all doom and gloom

Well said.

I too can relate to the difference about what is said about the company I work for and the drivel that I read on the internet. Anyone would think that my employer is satin himself. Yet, on the inside, all I see is honest, hardworking, people from the cleaner to the CEO. All I can offer for words of encouragement are; heads down, **** up, and trust that it will all come good end the end.

PS. If you had a hand in building my latest Territory, thank you. I love driving it and I think it is a world-class vehicle.
whynot is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this is gunna sound like a stupid/ childish question but how long does it take too manufacture a complete ford falcon? i've always wondered??? keep up the good work mate!!!! ford australia makes the best car in my opinion!!
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #4
I6DOHC

You have my support...and I for one agree wholeheartedly with the notion of continuing to support our manufacturing industry in this country. To hell with the naysayers. Where will the next generation of skilled workers come from if we don't get out there and properly support our industries now.

Anyway, to back it up I've voted where it counts, by upgrading to a MKII FG XR6 Turbo (in Swift). It truly is an astonishing piece of kit.

And while the falcon is still aussie engineered/manufactured I'll keep buying them and supporting locally...and it better damn well be local in 2-3yrs time as I'll be working hard to get my mits on a G6E Turbo with the works.

Go ford, go aussie.
I6DOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #5
babyf6
Young Ford Enthusiast

Mate, you got my support.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #6
frankie86
Sprinting Everywhere!

good on you RDMR, good to see someone else who supports the brand they carry everyday
frankie86 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #7
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

We all need to take a step back and stop seeing setbacks as some sort of devious plan.
If Ford and FPV are not that concerned about their situation, then neither should any of us.
Ford and FPV have plans in place and after all, it's their money to spend how they see fit.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #8
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Let's hope Ford can & has an answer to fix the current status quo
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #9
ego gtp
Club Moderator
Donating Member3

Great thread I agree with the op I just updated my wife's car from TTG to a new GS keeping it in the ford family .. Now there are 3 fpv,s in the garage love my fords and fpv ,s and hope they continue for many years to come

Cheers Gary
ego gtp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #10
05_ENFORCER

It's guys like rdmr who make Ford what it is today.

Keep slogging away and beat the bastards mate.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #11
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Thank Christ...! Finally a post from someone who knows what he's talking about.
For too long now people have been posting negative bs on this and other forums.
Thank you for taking the time to join and post and set us all straight.
My uncle was a Ford employee for 30 years; I know what it's like to have Ford as a lifestyle, not just a car. I hope it continues. Good luck!
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #12
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmr
G'day all,
First off I am a Ford employee.
I've been reading the threads in the pub for some time now and feel disappointed to say the least from some of the members here.
Not all Ford employees are down and out and feel there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
Some employees, and obviously myself still feel proud to wear the blue oval each day. We show the uttermost care to detail and quality of our product each and every day. We strive to achieve our targets and have faith in our products.
Things are not what they used to be and we don't always agree with the way in which we percieve the company is heading.
But I will never spread negative gosip about our company here or anywhere else. Some of the negative truths I read here I know to be second and third hand talk. He said/she said stuff.
Ford Australia is still here and still producing, and producing excellent cars.
Don't give up.
It might not seem like it but you can bet there is a hell of a lot people out there in Ford management and government fighting like hell to see manufacturing continue in this country. We've just got to beat the bastards who say manufacturing has no future here.
Money is still being spent. It may not be huge amounts but new equipment and processes are still being introduced. We have always worked on a shoestring budget in Australia, it's just a shorter lace these days.
Go Ford, Go Falcon and Territory.

And no I'm not from marketing or PR. I'm production.
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #13
bob^
LPS

I didn't realise that the company issue safety glasses were rose tinted
bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #14
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and there it is...................... go buy a commodore

Edit: make that an imported car, an old one and contribute nothing to the solution
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #15
Barranated
Starter Motor

Onya RDMR....well said mate.
Pathetic comments and claims are also too common in the media, on many occasions it’s plain to see that quality assurance is unheard of in the field of journalism.
Barranated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #16
jixel 78

Hahaha. Haters gonna hate. I too work for Ford, have done for 16 years. Not in manufacturing, but I`ve been to Geelong, and Broady, and the upbeat staff of these fine establishments not to mention the history of manufacturing in this country is something to experience. An internet forum such as this will never make decisions for a company like FoA. Its for the whinging tearmongers who had a split diff bush. I`ll always have an Aussie car in my driveway.Nuff said.
jixel 78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #17
frankie86
Sprinting Everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jixel 78
Hahaha. Haters gonna hate. I too work for Ford, have done for 16 years. Not in manufacturing, but I`ve been to Geelong, and Broady, and the upbeat staff of these fine establishments not to mention the history of manufacturing in this country is something to experience. An internet forum such as this will never make decisions for a company like FoA. Its for the whinging tearmongers who had a split diff bush. I`ll always have an Aussie car in my driveway.Nuff said.
well said! at the end of the day we are all buying mass production cars and yes sometimes there will be faults, have it fixed and get on with the job of enjoying your aussie built cars, because the way its going, in 10 or 20 years time we will be whinging about build quality on chery's and great walls!
frankie86 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #18
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jixel 78
An internet forum such as this will never make decisions for a company like FoA. Its for the whinging tearmongers who had a split diff bush. .
Or for those that want to whinge about SUV's being a scam and the Terri looking like a UFO,
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #19
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Oh my! The haters and trolls will be most upset with this! How dare you speak positively about Ford and Ford cars on this Ford forum! You're supposed to hate on it and in the same breath heap praise on other brands! You'll never fit in around here! Begone!

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #20
washoutbeach

I am pleased and proud to drive a Ford Falcon.

Its the base car but I am deriving great pleasure from upgrading it as I go along.

I buy my parts and stuff from a dedicated Ford parts shop. They are very friendly, supportive, share their knowledge and insights and the price is always good. Its fun and its constructive.

I rely on my car to earn income to support an entire family (young kids).

And it does that better than any other car Ive ever owned including Subaru, Holden, Toyota, Nissan.

Its saved me a few times with its quick acceleration and good handling i.e just yesterday when some leadfoot boofhead didn't see my trailer. Lucky I predicted his/her stupidity. Lucky I had a responsive car with some power. Its called a Falcon.

And yeah, I make a point to tell my friends and work people who are looking at buying new cars that the Ford is an excellent car. Friends from overseas have been impressed with the Falcon too.

I am grateful for the efforts of production and the Ford team. They are helping me achieve things.

Took me ages to get into a Ford, but I am here now and I for one, I am staying.

People can be negative, spiteful and depressive but Ive found the whole Ford experience to be very positive, promising and go-ahead.

Last edited by washoutbeach; 10-06-2012 at 08:09 PM.
washoutbeach is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #21
gtfpv
GT

of course we're all ford people , and i agree some bash the ford brand to beyond . my mother was telling me doctors have recommended a walker for her , she's a little upset about it .
my 1st comment was get dad to p is off the falcon and buy a wagon with one of those ride on walkers in the back , we both kind've ruled it out as that would never happen. then i started wondering if FORD make walkers , or ride ons .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #22
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Lets hope they have have a plan to keep manufacturing here for many decades to come.

Especially for the city of Geelong, where Ford has been a part of the community since 1925.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #23
Ford17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some might say a country that doesn't manufacture motor vehicles might not be classified as a 1st world country.
Ford17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 11:41 PM   #24
Venomous1
5.0 means business

The only place I see DOOM and GLOOM is in the forum Pub section. That is all.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:41 AM   #25
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Let's all of us in this thread form a Posse. From now on, anyone who speaks ill of Ford in these forums, we'll hang 'em!

Long live positive Ford supporters.

Lukeyson
Old 11-06-2012, 01:28 AM   #26
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Plaizier
Let's all of us in this thread form a Posse. From now on, anyone who speaks ill of Ford in these forums, we'll hang 'em!

Long live positive Ford supporters.

Lukeyson

There goes half the members on here.....I reckon half the threads on this forum are downgrading Fords in some way shape or form.....be it service prices, or some fault that comes with massed produced vehicles.

For what it's worth, I hope Ford do keep manufacturing in this country....To many hard working Aussies would be unemployed without them.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2012, 01:58 AM   #27
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nice to see a positive thread, sometimes the amount of derogatory posts on here is a real downer, well done rdmr.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #28
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

I could be wrong but it seems that many Ford fans on this site see criticism of management and dealer service
as negativity against Ford vehicles and the people who make them...nothing could be further from the truth.

If you want to jump all over someone for calling a point of order then this site will turn into an internet show and shine.
I believe our moderators set reasonable and just limits on what can be said on public threads but if we gag every concern
then we become the ones with blinkers on...

It's hard to continually see local production fall but that is more to do with a big reduction in fleet sales than advertising
and Ford is actually seeing an increase in total sales as import products now begin replacing Falcon sales.

Funny how some accuse FoA of being Falcon Motor Company but when those sales are replaced by imports,
Ford's management and advertising are "obviously fools" - those bitter emotions can only come from true believers
as someone who didn't care would just turn and walk away..

I for one believe that Falcon sales are a barometer for fuel prices and the economy, if we get a drop in fuel
prices and the economy improves, it is my belief that Falcon sales will come back to life in the second half of 2012.

Last edited by jpd80; 11-06-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #29
rdmr

Thank you for all your replies guys (and girls?). You've made a newbie feel very welcome here. I'm very happy many of you feel the same way as I do.
rdmr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #30
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmr
Thank you for all your replies guys (and girls?). You've made a newbie feel very welcome here. I'm very happy many of you feel the same way as I do.
It's great to see someone like yourself with a positive outlook and that bodes well for the future..

My hope is that Ford changes tack and starts building more Territorys than Falcon and
starts adding something like XR6 and XR6T features to the RWd Territorys...

If Europe is such a bottle neck for products, maybe Kuga/Escape and Mondeo/Fusion
should be added to Broady's production