Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-04-2007, 03:36 AM   #1
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Default Rock throwers, QLD

Well not two days after a TV news item reporting a poor truck driver copping a brick through his window on the Ipswich Motorway, I will now have to shell out $200+ dollars for a new windscreen for the EL after it copped a rock/stone/glass/hard object whilst travelling in Brisbane city tonight. Was in the city to pickup my sister+friend, heading along Anne Street about to turn right into Edward and my partner and I hear this HUGE bang which sounded like it hit the roof. Instantly I knew the car had been hit but not where or by what. I look forward and there's now a gaping chunk missing from the centre of my windscreen. Strangely enough, I've checked the car and there's no noticeable dents in the roof or anything like that... no idea what hit us - neither myself nor my partner actually saw it hit the windscreen. Could've been a ball bearing fired from a slingshot for all I know. I screeched to a halt and got out, looking around for someone's head to smack in with my wheel brace but I couldn't see anyone so I got back in the car and calmed my partner down who was quite shaken.

If that had hit my partner and I caught them, someone would probably be at the Royal Brisbane having my wheel brace extracted from their head right about now. ******* useless pricks! :jab: :jab:

******* cowards can't even man up to what they do, they throw things at cars then run off like the dckless wonders that they are.

Old 28-04-2007, 03:57 AM   #2
mrnsx
Crash test pilot

:( not nice when ppl do these things for no reason.

hope next time u drive that way, u see them throwing things at another driver and place the wheel brace where the sun dont shine

Newest Addition

Holden Barina 2004
6L per 100k :
66kw :

Old Collection..

Falcon BA
Toyota Celica
Kawasaki zxr
Ford Festiva
Nissan 180sx
Daihatsu Feroza
mrnsx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2007, 04:19 AM   #3
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

P.O.S scumbags
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2007, 05:51 AM   #4
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Instead of throwing rocks/bricks off the bridge, these idiots should just throw themselves off it.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2007, 06:55 AM   #5
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

if they want to be desrtuctive, tie them up to a smashing crane and use them as the ball to send through the wall of the building....see how they like that. do these w@n-kers have nothing better to do with thier time then create sensless acts of violence/vandolisim against other people? when they do eventually get caught, all they get is a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again : our justice system is a joke, thats why things like this are on the rise, the pr1cks know they can get away with it.

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2007, 09:21 AM   #6
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They need to be caught and taught a valuable lesson in , the life , the universe and how to eat thru a straw. It is useless the law getting them the police do thier job and arrest these scum then it goes to court they have a whinge and get a free defence layer payed by us the tax payer and they get a boot in the date and told don't do it again "Im sorry bro I am on ADHD meds and I have an unhappy child hood and my defacto parents are down the RSL all the time and I am bored and I can't afford to pay it back because I need my Winnie Blues and carton on XXXX and centrelink does not pay that much to do both"
$1.50 bullet it a lot cheaper
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2007, 09:47 AM   #7
xbcool
dazed&confused

i lost an old school mate because of 3 little grubs thowing rocks off an overpass, it was about 5 years ago ,a large rock went though the window of his truck and killed him.
cant remember the road but 3 kids were arrested ,dont know what the punishment was but my mates family ( wife and 2 young kids ) and friends got a lot of grief.
Im not sure how his wife and kids are now ,hopefully getting on with life ,and I cant help thinking how different things would be if the 3 little grubs responsible thought about thier actions and what the consequenses would be.

and Im ADHD is not an excuse.

steve

beauty is only skin deep.
ugly goes all the way to the bone.
xbcool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2007, 10:27 AM   #8
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^^
If what you're talking about was on the Ipswich Motorway, I seem to recall the said grubs got a slap on the wrist because they were "minors".
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2007, 11:03 AM   #9
xbcool
dazed&confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
^^^^
If what you're talking about was on the Ipswich Motorway, I seem to recall the said grubs got a slap on the wrist because they were "minors".
he was an interstate truckie so its possible ,it happened about 5 years ago.
drivers name was mark evans

Old 28-04-2007, 02:43 PM   #10
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Sad to hear mate. Luckily your car didn't get too much damage, and even more importantly, you or your partner were not injured. There was a ***** here in Adelaide doing such things around 2 years ago. It actually went on for a while and quite a few people had accidents and were injured. I think if these ******* parasites ever got caught, a public stoning to death should be on the cards! But nah, a slap on the wrist, with a lame **** excuse as to the reason they did it is all that would happen!
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2007, 02:50 PM   #11
lilmattie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats a wake up call for me.

I drive the Ipswich motorway regularly but haven't had any trouble like that. I'll be watching those overpasses a lot more now...
lilmattie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2007, 04:31 PM   #12
xdv8
Starter Motor

mark evans was driving down the hume hwy towards canberra with a delivery for woolies, the bridge the rock was thrown from has been renamed after him. the bridge is just south of sydney. sorry for your lose, one of my old flatmaes also knew him.
xdv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2007, 06:34 PM   #13
xbcool
dazed&confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdv8
mark evans was driving down the hume hwy towards canberra with a delivery for woolies, the bridge the rock was thrown from has been renamed after him. the bridge is just south of sydney. sorry for your lose, one of my old flatmaes also knew him.

yeah thanks mate.

on a lighter note I cant help noticing you have been a member here since may 2005, congrats on plucking up the nerve to make that first post and hopefully it wont be another 2 years for your next. :

Old 29-04-2007, 01:43 AM   #14
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Cheers fellas, I'm getting an new windscreen tomorrow if possible. Apart from the possible risk of injury, I'm mostly ****ed because I already need to do a few grands worth of maintenance on the thing too - needs new suspension components among other things and really, I didn't want to have to pay another $200 on top of everything else.

This weekends been fantastic, had to get my old cat put down today as well. Now having a stiff canadian club and dry.
Old 29-04-2007, 02:46 AM   #15
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry to hear about your cat Hunter. definitely not a good week for you... i must say it hasn't been a good week for me either and it's not often that i say that. not to the extent of losing people close to me or pets but it's been a frustrating week nonetheless. must be something going around.

... but i've just finished watching gone in 60 seconds again after i don't know how many times and i think it's put me in a better mood. i don't know, it's something about cars. i'm sure a movie won't do it for you right now but try to think positively once you've grieved.
Unco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post