Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
Renegade

Default FG Series II, When?

Anyone here have any ideas as to when the FG series II will be released?

Just trying to find out before I make any new car buying decisions.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #2
bmorris

Default Re: FG Series II, When?

4th quarter this year
Old 09-06-2011, 10:21 PM   #3
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

September/October

And it might not be called FG series II either.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 09-06-2011, 11:10 PM   #4
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"F something or other" mayby? FH? how bout the **!! lol so from "F"ing "G"ood to just.... "F""K"... lol certainly what new supercharged coyotes and FPV's make you think...
Old 10-06-2011, 12:16 AM   #5
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When hell, freezes over !!!!
Old 10-06-2011, 01:09 AM   #6
BHDOGS
Banned

Its been pushed back due to some unforeseen circumstance no doubt thats how ford works
Old 10-06-2011, 01:12 AM   #7
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Any pics?

Is it just a quick series2 style make over or some proper new kit for us??

Where are all the new models that were spose to come out this year other than the territory what else have we seen??

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......
Old 10-06-2011, 09:23 AM   #8
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS
Its been pushed back due to some unforeseen circumstance no doubt thats how ford works
Is that something new in the last week? Becuase that is not what Ford Australia was saying this time last week.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #9
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If FG2 was for release in Sept/Oct, surely mules would have been spotted, 2/3 months from release???? or is it so bland like BF MK2 to FG, that no-one can tell the difference, unless up close?? It needs to stand out and say 'look at me"
Old 10-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #10
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
If FG2 was for release in Sept/Oct, surely mules would have been spotted, 2/3 months from release???? or is it so bland like BF MK2 to FG, that no-one can tell the difference, unless up close?? It needs to stand out and say 'look at me"
When you do bumper upgrades and costmetics you dont typically have to have mules running around..

Theres probably FG2 interiored cars floating around but theres no need for them to physically test bumper / grill updates.

You really have a gripe with the FG don't you just...

This upgrades only minor, the car is not due for a major upgrade.... Have a look at what Holden have done with the 5 year old VE... Good indication of what we will see with FG2.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #11
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No I don't have a gripe with the FG, just Ford. Ford need FG2 stand out. It beggars believe that the dark side can keep the same styling for 5 years and still sell the dunnydore!!!! and Ford cann't, sell the Falcon, it could be put down to very poor advertising, dealers (I have had no problems with Metro Ford, Newstead) or a number of factors. Have Ford looked at why the Falcon isn't selling????? Lets hope the FG2 flies when released......
Old 10-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #12
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

A person has seen bra-clad Falcons running around the proving ground recently. In particular, a ute. This suggests to me that there are some styling differences they want to keep secret at the moment.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Old 10-06-2011, 11:21 AM   #13
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No I don't have a gripe with the FG, just Ford. Ford need FG2 stand out. It beggars believe that the dark side can keep the same styling for 5 years and still sell the dunnydore!!!! and Ford cann't, sell the Falcon, it could be put down to very poor advertising, dealers (I have had no problems with Metro Ford, Newstead) or a number of factors. Have Ford looked at why the Falcon isn't selling????? Lets hope the FG2 flies when released......
In fact I believe that having much longer model cycles is a positive thing.

There is not much more annoying when you are sitting in your 12 month old "brand new latest model bloody expensive" pride and joy than having it religated to "the old model".

It lowers resale and makes the whole idea of buying a new car much less viable.

Australia is one of the few places in the world that actually does this.

Euros such as BMW, Merc, Audi, Porsche et al. tend to run a body shape for longer periods with minor changes.
Japan tends often to be the same, my datto ran from 2002 to 2009 and something like a Toyota Aurion has been around for yonks.

New cars are expensive and for most are a fairly long term investment.

The last new FPV I bought was a BA2 F6 in April 2005. I usually run on a fairly short 3 year cycle and in that time my F6 was not just the "old model" but when I went to trade it in April 2008 it was FOUR models old (BA2, BF, BF2, FG) or THREE if you count BF/2 as one model and was worth about two squirts of goats pee.

FG has been a bit better being 3 years old now and I hope the "FG2" is not a huge change cosmetically as making the FG an "old model shape" will just hurt thoes who already have one and make it more difficult to make a decission to spend a LOT of money in what are really tough times on something the at best will lose you quite a bit.

Shiny new models every year or so are great for the fanbois to wax lyrical over but unfortunately THEY ARE NOT THE ONES WHO BUY NEW CARS.

And for those who do not care about new cars and are happy that the resale is so terrible remember that if there are fewer new ones sold then there will be fewer used ones forcing the price up and possibly leading to the dark place where Leyland P76, Valiant, Mitsu 380 etc. all reside.......

Last edited by flappist; 10-06-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #14
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
. It beggars believe that the dark side can keep the same styling for 5 years and still sell the dunnydore!!!! and Ford cann't, sell the Falcon,.
i'm sure Sony felt the same way with their Betamax against JVC's VHS format. Beta was technically better, but people bought VHS instead.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:15 PM   #15
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
The only problem with all that is the fact that Ford dont build a wagon or a V8 Falcon anymore.

Holden will always have that edge for as long as it continues to build wagons and give customers the option of V8's across the range...

Doesnt matter how good the car looks or how many features it has, it will never compete with Commodore again.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #16
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Is the Commodore really selling that well? Look at its range and the figures.
The Falcon and Commodore are not selling.

I would rather Ford do running updates to the Falcon instead of a complete update. The exterior on the Falcon is fine, a small tweak here and there should be ok but nothing major...to early in the product cycle.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:46 PM   #17
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
THEY ARE NOT THE ONES WHO BUY NEW CARS......
Quoted just to reinforce how true this is. For years people complained about the v8's performance and now we have the Miami and sales still aren't exactly stellar.......
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #18
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
The only problem with all that is the fact that Ford dont build a wagon or a V8 Falcon anymore.

Holden will always have that edge for as long as it continues to build wagons and give customers the option of V8's across the range...

Doesnt matter how good the car looks or how many features it has, it will never compete with Commodore again.
On the V8 issue.

Ford have a high performance T6 that uses less fuel and is less expensive to register than a V8, Holden do not.

Now thare are some hard core V8 only buyers but they must not be in the majority otherwise XR8s would have outsold XR6Ts and the V8 fairmont would not have been such a slow seller.
In the FPV range the V8 has tradionally outsold the T6 on many occasions but I suspect that this is more the GT badge outselling the not GT badge as evert V8 FTE/FPV that did not have a GT badge has been a somewhat luke warm seller at best.

The V8 hard core constantly cite "SS sales" as the reason why Ford should put a V8 in everything for the upcoming GT-H all the way down to the Fiesta but I wonder just what impact a turbo 6 with similar performance the the Falcon turbo 6 would have of the mixture of holden vehicle sales, that is just what percentage of V8 commodore sales are a compromise as the buyer wants/needs more torque than the rather lackluster alloytec provides but would prefer to keep other costs down.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #19
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Does FG2 have a new ICC with touchscreen and USB input.. or better still MyFord or whatever its called from the US?
Old 10-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #20
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia
Does FG2 have a new ICC with touchscreen and USB input.. or better still MyFord or whatever its called from the US?
No idea because it isn't out yet...look to the SZ Territory to see what it might get.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #21
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
On the V8 issue.

Ford have a high performance T6 that uses less fuel and is less expensive to register than a V8, Holden do not.

Now thare are some hard core V8 only buyers but they must not be in the majority otherwise XR8s would have outsold XR6Ts and the V8 fairmont would not have been such a slow seller.
In the FPV range the V8 has tradionally outsold the T6 on many occasions but I suspect that this is more the GT badge outselling the not GT badge as evert V8 FTE/FPV that did not have a GT badge has been a somewhat luke warm seller at best.

The V8 hard core constantly cite "SS sales" as the reason why Ford should put a V8 in everything for the upcoming GT-H all the way down to the Fiesta but I wonder just what impact a turbo 6 with similar performance the the Falcon turbo 6 would have of the mixture of holden vehicle sales, that is just what percentage of V8 commodore sales are a compromise as the buyer wants/needs more torque than the rather lackluster alloytec provides but would prefer to keep other costs down.
And 60% of Calais V sales are V8...

Ford has never put a decent V8 in its Falcon range!! Holdens has always been better...

Yes Ford has the Turbo but many people still want V8's...
Old 10-06-2011, 03:19 PM   #22
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
And 60% of Calais V sales are V8...

Ford has never put a decent V8 in its Falcon range!! Holdens has always been better...

Yes Ford has the Turbo but many people still want V8's...
ALWAYS?

Clevo vs 308?
EFI windsor vs 304?

These many who want V8s, why did they not buy the B series non XR V8?
Why are they not buying the GS? (oh the badge of course....)
Old 10-06-2011, 04:34 PM   #23
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Ford has never put a decent V8 in its Falcon range!!
Oh dear..........
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #24
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
ALWAYS?

Well I want to get out of my G6ET and into a GS, but at the moment I just don't think they are very good value for money.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #25
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
ALWAYS?

Clevo vs 308?
EFI windsor vs 304?

These many who want V8s, why did they not buy the B series non XR V8?
The 4v V8 was ****, 220 kw...

Holdens 245 kw 5.7 was a quicker option..

How many Gen 3 Calais and Berlinas are floating around.. heaps!!

Then we go back to the AUII days, Ford had the 175 Windsor and Holden had the 220 kw LS1.... Ford killed itself back then!
Old 10-06-2011, 05:41 PM   #26
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
The 4v V8 was ****, 220 kw...

Holdens 245 kw 5.7 was a quicker option..

How many Gen 3 Calais and Berlinas are floating around.. heaps!!

Then we go back to the AUII days, Ford had the 175 Windsor and Holden had the 220 kw LS1.... Ford killed itself back then!
There is a big difference between "in the last 10 years" and "ever"

Old 10-06-2011, 05:58 PM   #27
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Well as far as sales goes I think the last 10 years would account for more now than before it...

Its just a fact that until Miami we have generally had our V8 owned (in stock form)....T3 is the only exception...now they are just expensive.

GS, great car, how much do you want it for it again?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 10-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #28
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
There is a big difference between "in the last 10 years" and "ever"

Depends on how long you have been driving....
Old 10-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #29
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal

GS, great car, how much do you want it for it again?
Less that most SUVs and 4WDs that litter our streets.......
Old 10-06-2011, 07:05 PM   #30
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

People like to argue on the fact that Holden's V8 were better then the Ford V8 offerings which maybe the case but in all honesty Die hard Ford fan's would be hard swayed to buy the Holden and vice versa.
It's the swinging percentage of buyer's that both oposition's would have needed to sway and therefore I think at the time of Holden's dominace with the V8 sales and subsequently the arival of the Gen Motor, it was an image thing for Ford.

And still is today somewhat, in a sense you only have to look at V8 supercar's to see Ford's image, even when we had good success on the track with 888 Ford's image was still no where near as dominant as Holden's.
I am using V8 Supercars as a guide as I believe it is a good way to describe the problem.

Ford had a motor at the time that was just as good as the oposistion, maybe not as quick in a straight line albeit but really there was nothing between the two, it was all pub talk which in a sense again is image, Holden had it over Ford and still do today.

So is it really the product that Ford lack's or it's image that has taken a downward slide over the yr's ???
Closed Thread