Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-07-2006, 09:35 PM   #1
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Fuel Saver

Everyone probally has seen fuel savers on ebay make all sorts of amazeing claims, but has anyone fitted them to a big 6cyl or V8 (& are willing to admit it) & can speak from experience.

The one I was reading about was "Fuel saver Plus" I know Repco have a product called Vapourite & I have not heard people with it saying its been a great investment.

What is Fuel Saver Plus:

Fuel Saver Plus is the most powerful fuel saver every made. It is Powered by Neodymium rare earth magnet with a force of 25,000 Gauss. It is the strongest and most powerful fuel saver you can ever find. Recommended for all engines.

How does it work :

Placing the Fuel Saver Plus , on the Supply fuel line, causes the hydrocarbon molecular clusters to seperate and expand. More Oxygen will now combine, with more of these hydrocarbon molecules, which are no longer in clusters, for better, more efficient combustion in the firing chamber. Since Fuel is now burning more Efficiently, the result is reduced emissions, less fuel needed to reach and maintain speed levels.
Carbon and Varnish build-up is lowered, thus reducing maintenance and extending engine life.
A "cleaner and hotter" fuel burn also increases Horsepower and overall engine Performance.

The Fuel Saver Plus accelerates combustion and burns more of the fuel that is normally exhausted as un-burned pollution.

FEATURES :

Increase mileage (Fuel saving of up to 27 %)
Works on petrol or diesel engines
Extends engine life by cleaning existing Carbon/Varnish Deposits
Boosts Performance / Horsepower
Reduces harmful Exhaust Emissions
Use for engines up to 16 cylinders. Fuel line Smoother running engine by promoting a more complete combustion
Install in less than 5 minutes with no Tools needed !!!
Maintenance Free and One time purchase
Can easily be transferred to another vehicle.
Benefits :

Pays for itself within a couple of months from your fuel's bill
Improves mileage up to 27 %
Enhances energy performances!
Reduces carbon monoxide emission
Smoother and quieter enqine!
Cleans engine, carburetor and spark plugs!
Environmental friendly!
Maintenance free!
Easy to install!
Does not effect vehicle warranty!
Engine sound will be changed from Sino cycle waves to square waves.
Engine temperature will be decreased.
At Gas burner , it will change the flame from orange colour to blue colour.
At waterline, it will change hard partices of water to soft particles.

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 09:56 PM   #2
Deanodriver

If it really did affect economy, wouldn't the manufacturers put them on as standard?
Old 16-07-2006, 09:59 PM   #3
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Unless people start raving about it, not the manufacturer or distributor, i wouldnt waste my time on these things.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 10:11 PM   #4
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia
Unless people start raving about it, not the manufacturer or distributor, i wouldnt waste my time on these things.
Couldnt agree more

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2006, 04:00 PM   #5
blakeyboy

these things nearly always are based on dodgy science...
have a look at this link toDANSDATA for prime examples of such science...
dan is a master of google. and he has covered such fuel saving shams before.
blakeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2006, 04:02 PM   #6
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

http://www.fordforums.com.au/search....archid=1083094
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2007, 12:01 AM   #7
WillsEDfalcon

theres a new one on the net called powermag or something like that... for around $50 you they reken a savings of 30%... I could do alot with $50 with premium unleaded in the tank.
If there only just magnets why not get some and DIY fuel saver...
Magnets are magnets there all the same.

Cheers, Will
Old 05-09-2007, 12:36 AM   #8
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Placing the Fuel Saver Plus , on the Supply fuel line, causes the hydrocarbon molecular clusters to seperate and expand.

How exactly does a magnetic field interact with a non-metallic liquid and cause "clusters" to separate and expand? Separte, I *may* believe as hydrogen can be affected by magnetic fields but im 99.99% sure it wont affect a hydrocarbon. But it won't cause a molecule to expand

More Oxygen will now combine, with more of these hydrocarbon molecules, which are no longer in clusters, for better, more efficient combustion in the firing chamber.

If you believe the first paragraph I could see why you would believe this one, causing you to validate the first paragraph in your own mind. But the combustion of the fuel depends upon the surface area of the droplets, not the area in between "clusters". Just thinking about it, assuming you have the same size fuel droplets (as your injectors are the same) and *if* it causes the "clusters" to "separate and expand" then you will have less fuel molecules per droplet, so less fuel per cycle, so less combustion so less power!

Since Fuel is now burning more Efficiently, the result is reduced emissions, less fuel needed to reach and maintain speed levels.

This would be true if the stuff actually worked

Carbon and Varnish build-up is lowered, thus reducing maintenance and extending engine life.

How? You arent adding anything extra to act as a cleaning agent, just "re-arranging the clusters"

A "cleaner and hotter" fuel burn also increases Horsepower and overall engine Performance.

Ok but it still hasnt done anything to get to this point

FEATURES :

Increase mileage (Fuel saving of up to 27 %) Massive saving! Id love my BA to get 7.8L/100km!
Works on petrol or diesel engines - Yep, doesnt do anything for either
Extends engine life by cleaning existing Carbon/Varnish Deposits - Reducing the build-up, or cleaning it? Make up your mind!
Boosts Performance / Horsepower Pull the other one
Reduces harmful Exhaust Emissions See above
Use for engines up to 16 cylinders. Fuel line Smoother running engine by promoting a more complete combustion See above
Install in less than 5 minutes with no Tools needed !!! Morons buy them, so they need to make it simple enough for them to install!
Maintenance Free and One time purchase Cause it doesnt do anything!
Can easily be transferred to another vehicle. See above
Benefits :

Engine sound will be changed from Sino cycle waves to square waves. WTF? Has anyone heard a square wave? They are awful
Engine temperature will be decreased. By promoting a hotter burn?
At Gas burner , it will change the flame from orange colour to blue colour. So you are increasing the temperature of the flame but claiming a cooler engine?
At waterline, it will change hard partices of water to soft particles. LOL hard water is water with a lot of calcium, etc in it. Its hard to make soap lather in it. Besides id be concerned if there was enough water for there to be a water level inside the combustion chamber!

So yeah, they are a load of garbage

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2007, 01:26 AM   #9
ltd
Force Fed Fords

King Nothing is right. Additionally, where does the oxygen they claim that attaches to the hydrocarbon come from? If it came from the induction wouldn't the MAF sensor pick it up and negate it for running too lean?
Inside a fuel line there is no oxygen so I assume it comes out of the manufacturers rear end.
Secondly, vexatious calims like this can have disastrous results. Some idiot stuck a fuel saver in his Jeep which resulted in the engine catching fire. This made Today tonight and they made the rather spurious claim that it was the fault of chrysler. What they failed to disclose has them in the supreme court for failing to mention the modification that indeed caused the fire, as well as defamation of the chrysler brand.

Finally, before committing to modifications like these you can assure yourself that they are BS by the fact that car makers spend billions globally on a competitive edge on fuel consumption. If a $50 magnet shaved 30% off you can bet that the manufacturer would have installed it.

Quote: