Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 26-09-2005, 07:31 PM   #1
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Default New Model... 2006

WOOOOOOOOOOOO, new model early next year!

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/Deskt...ias=carpointau

All aussie-spec levels and models remain. Only visual changes.. Same engine too. Thank god! My fears have been answered. Glad i have the nicer looking Fiesta IMO. New model has a nice front bumper treatment (with fog lights) but i just cant get over the rear lights, or the fronts... too bubbley for me

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 07:58 PM   #2
azza1
black zetec

I'm loving the headlights and the body moulds are a tad nicer, but you can keep the rest. I knew that as soon as i bought mine they would bring out a new model.
azza1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 01:33 PM   #3
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

Its only been 18 months since the release, Ford should be thinking about resale value for exisiting customers, then again if the release date is mid next year that will be ok I suppose.
Old 27-09-2005, 05:05 PM   #4
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

why would ford give a hoot about resale?

As long as they sell the buggers thet dont care...BMW/Merc have new models all the time and that doesn't affect there prices too much.

A good product will hold value no matter what...its recalls and huge advances in tech etc etc that kill it.

This is just a freshen up, and a good one at that (not that the old one is bad by any means).
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2005, 04:11 PM   #5
Danny
GT4.

I reckon It looks great, The headlights dont look warm and fuzzy at all, They look like Morette headlights behind a blacked out tinted clear lense. And the new grill makes it look more class like the focuses grille.

Only thing im not a fan of (yet) are the rear tail lights with those circular bits on them. New interior is a huge development and will be so much less hard and plasticy.

Can't wait for its realease, even though I will never ever have one.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post