Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 26-09-2005, 01:24 PM   #1
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Default Suspension vs Warranty

Hey guys.. i didnt want to take over someone else's thread....

Well, alot of us are looking at getting suspension kits and lowering the car, which is what im hoping to do very soon. I have a few issues though.

Firstly, i have that knocking sound that everyone else has. So, how do i go about proving it is not caused by the suspension?

Also, with a lowered car, where does insurance go on? Im guessing it is just the suspension, and not other components of the car?

Thanks for your help. If all goes well, should be done sooooon....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 02:47 PM   #2
azza1
black zetec

I spoke to my Ford service team and they said there shouldn't be a problem as long as it's still legal, but they recommended Pedders, but they're a bit sketchy on how it will Exactly affect my warranty. As long as the engine is covered i'm not too concerned.
azza1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 09:25 PM   #3
joshf2
striped

as far as my ford dealer told me, whatever you change, isnt covered under ford warranty anymore

which seems fair enough, cause you generally get a warranty from the parts modifier

im surprised they (ford) recommend pedders, cause as far as i know, everyone else doesnt... their sports ryder kit is essentially a monroe gt gas damper painted red

as for insurance, some insurance companies have limits on how much you get the car lowered. i know nrma dont like it(read - wont insure you) if you lower your car more than 30mm.
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 09:48 PM   #4
azza1
black zetec

that might be true, but we're only talking springs here. I'm sure if you put in a full suspension kit whoever makes it Ford won't want a bar of it. At least with Pedders you are getting a 40k km 2yr warranty which is at least a little piece of mind..
azza1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 05:54 PM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

All sorted... Thanks heaps to Patrick from Peter Warren Fairfield and Dean (aka RATT) from Peter Warren Smithfield!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post