Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-09-2005, 08:37 PM   #1
joshf2
striped

Default i take back everything i bagged out about the fiesta

well, after the back roads cruise, i can speak nothing (well, not much) bad of my new toy

when the rest of the cars are either XR6's, XR6T's, XR8's or GT's, and theyre suprised that a fiesta has kept up with them, i cant help but smile (just a bit)

it was a bit wet on the road, which helped my cause, but even through the sweepers, there wasnt much understeer, and i wasnt falling behind either

loving it even more now

joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 02:20 PM   #2
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

They are a great car and people are suprised at just how quick they are thru the country roads.
Old 13-09-2005, 07:47 PM   #3
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
well, after the back roads cruise, i can speak nothing (well, not much) bad of my new toy

when the rest of the cars are either XR6's, XR6T's, XR8's or GT's, and theyre suprised that a fiesta has kept up with them, i cant help but smile (just a bit)

it was a bit wet on the road, which helped my cause, but even through the sweepers, there wasnt much understeer, and i wasnt falling behind either

loving it even more now
I told you from the beginning and you didnt believe me! 16000km and another tyre change due......

Might try make it to 20000km though! lol

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 07:51 PM   #4
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
I told you from the beginning and you didnt believe me! 16000km and another tyre change due......

Might try make it to 20000km though! lol
wait till you ride on semi-comp road slicks

see how many k's you get out of those ;)
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 08:04 PM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
wait till you ride on semi-comp road slicks

see how many k's you get out of those ;)
Haha, no chance!

Im getting 205/45R16 Dunlop 702s next time $199 each....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 02:22 PM   #6
GROOV3
Rollin

my tyres lasted 18k

buying two toyo tpgs this wk end $160
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 02:39 PM   #7
BlackLS

Quote:

loving it even more now
I organised the cruise I couldn't believe it was stock. This thing was on the **** of most the cars around the corners, cept me and XD-Machine (you made a point about keeping a 100m gap between all L and P platers :P ) I was in awe the whole time! Then there was the M5 stint between Campbelltown and Liverpool :

BTW there is another cruise for the end of October guys if anyone is interested. Check the NSW-QLD Events section
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 07:52 PM   #8
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

21,000km and still on the same set of tyres!! Well 3 tyres.
Old 14-09-2005, 10:35 PM   #9
FlaminFiesta

23000 and im on the same still hehe
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 11:10 PM   #10
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Yes looks like you've discovered the magic of Eurofords (TM). They're grippy little buggers aren't they?!!

I had great fun holding 3/4 throttle behind Australia's then quickest unopened N/A XR8 Ute along the curvy bits of the Great Ocean Road... braking late into the corners and watching his back tyres squirm around and slide out... he couldn't believe it!!! About the only thing I can't keep up with as close to is an ST170. Naturally!
Old 24-09-2005, 05:20 PM   #11
GTH82
Starter Motor

I took an LX 5 door 5 speed for a test drive yesterday and was surprised just how good they are.I,m thinking of trading the wifes Echo in on one.Only thing is they list the 3door at $13990 but on road its $18990 Thats with the optional non optional a/c.
GTH82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 02:12 AM   #12
zetec
Zoom Zoom

It is actualy optional just to let you know, can be purchased without and people do actually buy it, I sold a silver 3 door with no air as a salesman. But yes, you'd get Air con if you're part of the vast majority of people! It''s such a fun car too, lights years ahead of the rest of the field!
Old 25-09-2005, 10:58 AM   #13
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I sold a silver 3 door with no air as a salesman.
Gee maybe your sales skills arent that bright : /jk Matt.

Im buggered if I know why, in 2005, Ford are still building cars with A/C as an option, it is primitive. I am annoyed that in my car, an 02 Focus, i have all the great gear and mod cons and then MANUAL WINDOW WINDERS FFS! Power windows were in XC Cobras for crying out loud, and over 20 years later Ford still didnt put em in! Spewing (end rant).
Only time I would consider buying a Fez without A/C wouldbe if i was super rich and making it into a dedicated rally car or something.
Old 25-09-2005, 11:12 AM   #14
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Gee maybe your sales skills arent that bright : /jk Matt.

Im buggered if I know why, in 2005, Ford are still building cars with A/C as an option, it is primitive. I am annoyed that in my car, an 02 Focus, i have all the great gear and mod cons and then MANUAL WINDOW WINDERS FFS! Power windows were in XC Cobras for crying out loud, and over 20 years later Ford still didnt put em in! Spewing (end rant).
Only time I would consider buying a Fez without A/C wouldbe if i was super rich and making it into a dedicated rally car or something.
Then why did you buy it if its such a big problem? I had a ghia before my current car and while I miss teh power windows, its really not that bad...lol
:

A/C is a costy option, if its standard then base price goes up and then your little fez isn't looking that good value wise. try adding an auto..i think you have to get EBD with that aswell; but why you would get an auto is beyond me, you need to rev the little suckesrs!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 05:10 PM   #15
GROOV3
Rollin

got my air con for like $500, when i got the 16" mags for $1000 extra, i told the sales guy no way im paying $2000 for air con when all other cars on the market have it free
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 09:23 PM   #16
FlaminFiesta

hey mate u love the fiesta come ona cruise and watch us push them lol
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 10:26 PM   #17
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Then why did you buy it if its such a big problem? I had a ghia before my current car and while I miss teh power windows, its really not that bad...lol
:
No, its not bad but I'm allowed to whinge ::