Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-09-2005, 01:10 AM   #1
marcosambrose

Default 2006 Ford Fiesta

Here it is, the facelifted (in and out) Ford Fiesta. If this doesnt improve sales of the little car i dont know what will, its got the best drivetrain/engine in the whole segment yet it still sells poorly... At least now its more appealing and colourful, which sells in Australia 'cos the public dont really care how it drives, all that it looks good :

marcosambrose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 01:13 AM   #2
Danny
GT4.

I Love it, inside and out!!

I dont want it to come out becasue I want the latest model!!!!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 02:15 AM   #3
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Wow.... interior is great.... but i think i will stick with my european exterior! Thank god i have the fiesta i have.... that just looks WAYYYYYYYYY too ricer and japanised (new word?). Omg, bug eyes, round taillights on a slim light..... just DOESNT work... and then the round reflectors?! Round just does not work on a edgy design....

Front bumper looks nice... but those front and rear lights.... and that awful rear bumper with reflector.... EW

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 08:31 AM   #4
parawolf
beep beep

I really like the current Fiesta... and I like the interior on this new one... but those headlights and tail lights? EWW
Old 15-09-2005, 08:38 AM   #5
joshf2
striped

yeah, the interior is nice, but some people (like me) prefer the understated simple colour scheme of the current interior

and the exterior changes are pretty terrible

so all in all, im glad ive got the mk6
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 09:11 AM   #6
RedStar71

Not ringing any bells for me....
Interior is interesting but no huge improvement, the one we have already is damn good.
Front looks like an Echo now, TERRIBLE!!!!!
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

2007 WQ Colorado Red Fiesta XR4
Mods: Smooth Rear Wiper

Last edited by RedStar71; 15-09-2005 at 01:27 PM.
RedStar71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 10:35 AM   #7
marcosambrose

Your all right, the current Mk6 exterior is better, but if Ford doesnt bring this facelift to Oz we might not have a Fiesta for much longer, they need to reach sales quotas or they will scrap it in Oz.

Hence the 'japanese' looking facelift, japanese cars sell huge in Australia, must be the 'cuteness' (yuk) but you dont like it you can always just buy an Mk6.
marcosambrose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 10:49 AM   #8
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the interiors an improvement, though the exterior im not a fan of that
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 11:24 AM   #9
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosambrose
Your all right, the current Mk6 exterior is better, but if Ford doesnt bring this facelift to Oz we might not have a Fiesta for much longer, they need to reach sales quotas or they will scrap it in Oz.

Hence the 'japanese' looking facelift, japanese cars sell huge in Australia, must be the 'cuteness' (yuk) but you dont like it you can always just buy an Mk6.
Who says theyre not meeting sales quotas? Nice try at theorising but I think you're pulling that out of your.............hat. :

I dont mind the new one in those pics except for the back taillights - come to think of it I dont like the current Fez's rear end much either.
Old 15-09-2005, 11:32 AM   #10
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosambrose

Um, i dont think the car was designed JUST for Australia.... its a global model.... so this is for the UK as well.....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 12:23 PM   #11
parawolf
beep beep

Well as least you will be able to get better looking headlights and taillights out of the UK pretty damn quick I reckon!! I think there will be a large aftermarket for these parts.... with this new model
Old 15-09-2005, 01:16 PM   #12
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

hmmm mixed feelings about it.
the only way to really tell would be to sit in one and have a good proper look in the flesh, manufacturers tend to make things look alot better in pics than they really are. . .
Id get over the coloured dash so quickly. and i can imagine there would be a fair bit of glare of it in the windows. the front lights are pretty coolish tho i think
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 01:26 PM   #13
RedStar71

Part of the problem with sales for the Fiesta over here is, from what I have heard, that you cannot get what you want straight away. They have to order it from Germany. Same sort of problem with the Focus and getting them from South Africa. I waited a couple of months for my red Fiesta when I got it in 2004. Sales my be down because the japanese suppliers can get you your car sooner.
Either way we will never see an ST over here from Ford. Sales will never be high enough. From what I was also told the ST170 had the same problem with sales.
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

2007 WQ Colorado Red Fiesta XR4
Mods: Smooth Rear Wiper
RedStar71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 01:38 PM   #14
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

I dont actually mind the look of it. The blackened headlights look good IMO. However, some of you are right in that it has a bit of "cuteness" to it. Maybe they are trying to target more girls with it?? :hihi:

Tom
Old 15-09-2005, 03:26 PM   #15
whippet_zetec
Supes

the 3 door looks a heap better than the 5 in my opinion
Old 15-09-2005, 05:44 PM   #16
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

They look just fine. Cute, but with the possibility of being real fast and nasty too if that's what you want from your ride.

It wont sell anymore here than the current model though, Ford refuse to advertise anything without a 4->5.4 litre engine in it. The morons.
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 07:46 PM   #17
Danny
GT4.

I see a sheetload of those "I see you baby" ads on TV and heaps of Fiesta ads in magazines, Easily as many as the falcon, so that aint fully true statement.

Also, I dont see why you guys dont like the new car, IMO It looks like the natural progression from the new focus front NOT Japanese, just a smaller version of the Foci, It looks classy and is a nice facelift to keep everyone interested in the 3 year old design. The headlights are MAAAD with their circular bits and black bezels. It even looks more sportier.

Anyways Heres something I made up so you's can see what it may look like as a red Zetec 3 door with 17"s and lowered.

Before.

After

I like it.

Also the interior is heaps better too (Except the coloured stuff) Looks more euro again and like the focus centre part with the new softer looking controls and less cheap plasticky bits. The only gripe I have is with the hole above the glovebox. The rest is cool...

Last edited by Danny; 15-09-2005 at 08:28 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 08:21 PM   #18
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Looks like a Clio

Chris
Old 15-09-2005, 09:40 PM   #19
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does anyone know if there are any changes to the engines? Do they get the new focus engines?
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 05:53 PM   #20
0xyg3n

Found these on www.fiestastoc.com. Specs for the new model. Interesting to note there are 2 1.6l 100ps engines listed. They are large pics I was to lazy to resize them.

http://users.ncable.net.au/~gtir/200...ailability.jpg
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post