Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 09-09-2005, 10:23 PM   #1
Fez WQ

Angry oil leaks

Hi
Anyone with a rear main seal leaking this is my second time it gone in 2 months car done 17500kms

Fez WQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 10:26 PM   #2
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Your car is leaking oil?????

Didnt you have the issue about the steering vibrations????

Ive only had coolant leaking.... after a trip to Springwood Road (think thats it....)

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 10:34 PM   #3
Fez WQ

Mate I have had 2 rear main seals go, the car vibrating and fords lost on how to fix it
I say replace it
Old 09-09-2005, 10:36 PM   #4
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Hunter
I say replace it
So do i.... try emailing Drive Doctor? (www.drive.com.au)

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 11-09-2005, 05:54 PM   #5
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

I have had no such problems? How did U run the car in when it was new?
Old 11-09-2005, 06:01 PM   #6
GROOV3
Rollin

lol shouldnt matter how you ran your car in when new the real seal shoudlnt go on a new car unless the two surfaces are machined flat or the seals already had defects or gung on them.

something isnt right.
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2005, 09:37 PM   #7
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

I must have had my mind elsewhere...
Old 12-09-2005, 12:29 AM   #8
Fez WQ

I have kept the car in A1 condition from new i drove it at low varable speed up to 1500km then from there i drove it more normal untill 3000km service. From 3000km service I started to drive it totally normal, I have changed the oil ever 5000km and filter, done more than I should need to each time the oil has ended up back on the ground. With a leaking engine.............................
Old 12-09-2005, 12:43 PM   #9
Danny
GT4.

Havent experienced oil Leaks, but My water pump failed last week and leaked coolant. Its now replaced.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 07:13 PM   #10
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Havent experienced oil Leaks, but My water pump failed last week and leaked coolant. Its now replaced.
OMG!!!!!!!!!! That was EXACTLY the same thing that happened to mine.... how were you driving before hand?????

Must be an issue with them.......

Old 13-09-2005, 12:12 AM   #11
Danny
GT4.

I'm A pretty spirited driver, but I dont thrash the life out of the car at all.... Could be an issue...
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 11:58 AM   #12
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

I drive mine on occassion with passion...have not had any of the issues.

I think the water pump is made out of plastic so this may have something to do with it.

I always allow mine to idle when driving with spirit. It allows the temps in the engine and cooling system to normalise.

I think it is more to do with how U treat the car and not so much how U drive it. Remembering that the car's systems are designed to operate from idle to redline all day, the actually driving shouldnt be a problem (except if U use the car like a race car). Eg, extended idling is not good, shutting down a hot engine is not so good, etc.

My 2 cents!
Old 13-09-2005, 12:08 PM   #13
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher
I drive mine on occassion with passion...have not had any of the issues.

I think the water pump is made out of plastic so this may have something to do with it.

I always allow mine to idle when driving with spirit. It allows the temps in the engine and cooling system to normalise.

I think it is more to do with how U treat the car and not so much how U drive it. Remembering that the car's systems are designed to operate from idle to redline all day, the actually driving shouldnt be a problem (except if U use the car like a race car). Eg, extended idling is not good, shutting down a hot engine is not so good, etc.

My 2 cents!
Agreed. Well, with the water pump.... it was where the last cruise was. I flew down the mountain.... slowly up the mountain.... 8/10s down it again, and then back up revving the car....

I then hopped onto the freeway and cruised home....

Next day there was coolant everywhere.... quite odd, given the amount it would leak when the car was on, i dont understand how it made the kms trip home on the highway

Old 13-09-2005, 11:10 PM   #14
Fez WQ

got my car fixed today seems the vibration has gone as well, they had to remove the gearbox dirive shafts bearings....... CV joints ...., Ford dont know what fix it . i will have to see in the new few days if it stays fixed
Old 14-09-2005, 08:09 PM   #15
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Water pumps on fiestas are a long running problem. In the initial 2002 release some cars would go through 3 pumps a year.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 12:16 AM   #16
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

Cost cutting will lead to things like this...
Old 15-09-2005, 02:18 AM   #17
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher
Cost cutting will lead to things like this...
Seems to be good now though.......

Old 15-09-2005, 01:20 PM   #18
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

lets hope so, we dont want ongoing issues with our little rissotto boxes now do we ! especially when ford dont even know what the car is, let alone how to fix it
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 03:29 PM   #19
whippet_zetec
Supes

on your water pump issue it might assist you guys to be aware of if your fan is on or not when you pull up somewhere and go to turn your car off....if the thermostat has the fan running its probably not a bad idea to let it finish its running before you turn off....just lets all that hot coolant settle to where it should be (hence why the fan is on in the first place to cool stuff down)
Old 15-09-2005, 10:17 PM   #20
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

^^ thats what i do
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 11:22 PM   #21
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippet_zetec
on your water pump issue it might assist you guys to be aware of if your fan is on or not when you pull up somewhere and go to turn your car off....if the thermostat has the fan running its probably not a bad idea to let it finish its running before you turn off....just lets all that hot coolant settle to where it should be (hence why the fan is on in the first place to cool stuff down)

Fan stays on even if the car is off........ usually blowing dust from the ground and onto the clean and washed car! :