Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-12-2014, 06:52 PM   #1
WogBoy5150

Smile Aussie fords and holdens in other countries/falcons with different front ends

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you have any pics of aussie fords and holdens in other countries? I remember awhile ago i saw a picture of a blue ba ute in england which looked quite funny with their long licence plates.I was also wondering if anyone has pics of any falcons with different front ends,for example i have always wondered what an xa,xb or xc coupe would look like with an xy or xw front.

Cheers and have a happy new year,
WogBoy5150
WogBoy5150 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Aussie fords and holdens in other countries/falcons with different front ends

Some guy in Scotland posts in the FPV F6, XRT & G6 area.
Think he's put up pics.

Last edited by Blem; 31-12-2014 at 06:57 PM. Reason: 5152 my postcode
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 31-12-2014, 09:09 PM   #3
Jacko*
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Aussie fords and holdens in other countries/falcons with different front ends

I'm not sure about a coupe with an XY or XW front, but falcons have been sold world wide. Some based on very first Falcon were built in Argentina right up until 1991 apparently. Then there were the South African XW & XY Fairmonts & GT's They Were a bit different to our falcons also. I can remember seeing a Monaro from South Africa that had a different front end as well, It was badged as an SS.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:57 AM   #4
Ford Falcon XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://simonscarspots.com/2011/the-beast/
Ford Falcon XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2015, 01:00 AM   #5
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2015, 01:18 AM   #6
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Aussie Ford hearses have appeared on numerous occasions recently onUK TV programs like Coronation Street and Emmerdale. I saw a BA LTD on the M1 between Sheffield and Barnsley.
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2015, 02:16 AM   #7
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
They made these unchanged until the 90s . I guess we were spoilt for choice, style and features in our Aussie Falcon. Would most of us still be falcon fans if our falcon looked like this?
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2015, 06:30 AM   #8
WogBoy5150

I remember reading in a street machine magazine that a guy in the US owns a red holden torana and whenever he drives it,everyone gives him weird looks and asks "what the hell is that thing".I have always thought that it would be cool to take my xr6 ute over to america just to see how they would react,i wonder if it would blend in or stick out like a sore thumb.
WogBoy5150 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2015, 08:46 AM   #9
UKFPV

No.19 in Hertfordshire UK

http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/LF...5221d.jpg.html

http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/LF...cd548.jpg.html

http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/LF...424d8.jpg.html

http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/LF...5b27a.jpg.html

http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/LF...a1457.jpg.html

http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/LF...d6568.jpg.html

Been wrapped up since the end of September for the Winter - lookin' forward to Summer!
UKFPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2015, 10:28 AM   #10
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Here's some familiar looking South African Chevys? from google.

5 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2015, 10:38 AM   #11
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Some Ford hearses in the UK as mentioned above.

They look better than what we get out here IMHO.
5 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2015, 10:58 AM   #12
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember seeing pics of a guy on here from the UK. From memory he had an XA and XC coupe? Anyway looks good seeing just a few of our classics enjoyed by people abroad. Especially a coupe in England on a tiny piece of bitumen amongst the Hedgerows. Havnt heard from him in a while, could be possible he`s in the can after turning a blind-corner and running over a Fox Hunting Party.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2015, 11:05 AM   #13
Ford Falcon XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice I bet that turns some heads over there. Did you have any trouble getting it registered ??
Ford Falcon XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2015, 11:09 AM   #14
nikko2

I am from the UK and remember these cars in England. We had the Ford Granada and this later morphed in to the Granada Scorpio.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Granada_(Europe)
nikko2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2015, 02:19 PM   #15
AUwindsor

this 1995 Taurus from USA has similar roof/doors/pillars to the EF-EL Fairlanes

Last edited by AUwindsor; 01-01-2015 at 02:24 PM.
AUwindsor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2015, 04:10 PM   #16
Ford17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
Here's some familiar looking South African Chevys? from google.

Goes to show you can put a Chev badge on almost anything!
Ford17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2015, 04:39 PM   #17
nikko2

Another one from the UK is the Vauxhall Omega (Opal in the rest of Europe), I remember the police in England used to use these.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Omega
nikko2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2015, 10:13 PM   #18
UKFPV

Yeah she gets a good bit of attention when she's out - although to be fair she's only been used sparingly having just clicked over 9,000k's. Not so difficult to get the utes registered apparently (as opposed to cars) due to the regulations concerning commercial vehicles being much more lenient - pretty much just a rear fog light being required over and above factory spec, for which I made a bracket etc so as not to necessitate any cutting/drilling of holes in any of the body panels. The regulations concerning the import of cars are (I am advised) very strict, involving the strip down of the ABS module amongst others

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2d6c5937.jpg
Old 01-01-2015, 10:20 PM   #19
UKFPV

Sorry to be a numpty, but why are my pics showing as links rather than being embedded in my post? I appreciate a 5 year old may be able to sort it for me but I do not have anybody in the house that young ;-)
Old 01-01-2015, 10:40 PM   #20
Watto_Cobra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKFPV View Post
Sorry to be a numpty, but why are my pics showing as links rather than being embedded in my post? I appreciate a 5 year old may be able to sort it for me but I do not have anybody in the house that young ;-)
You need to copy the "image" (IMG) link and paste it in your reply from photobucket.

Go to your photo in photobucket.

On the right side of the page is a "share links" section. Copy what's in the box next to "IMG" and paste it in your reply.

Even easier, just click in that box and you'll see it display "copied", then just paste in forum reply.

This is what an IMG link looks like (I chopped of a couple of square brackets to prevent it displaying the photo instead).

URL=http://s628.photobucket.com/user/watto_cobra/media/iPhone419.jpg.html]IMG]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu1/watto_cobra/iPhone419.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

With those square brackets restored, the photo will display like this:

Hope that helps.

Sweet ute too. I bet it does turns heads over there. I especially like the shot with the engine bay superimposed on the bonnet.

Edit: Spelling
Daily: SZII - 56,000 km - converted to Tezza

Last edited by Watto_Cobra; 01-01-2015 at 11:09 PM.
Watto_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2015, 10:43 PM   #21
Watto_Cobra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
Some Ford hearses in the UK as mentioned above.
Beat me to it.

Here's a couple more.

2 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2015, 11:06 PM   #22
UKFPV

Ah sorted. Cheers bud!

You obviously have a driving license so you're clearly not 5 - you wouldn't believe just how long I've been messing about trying to sort that issue - anyway, good skills ;-)

Yeah I like that image - I think I saw it done on here a while back so naturally had to have a go myself

The Pursuit's a bit of a tight fit in the 'Euro' garage but hopefully that's coming down this year in favour of a double - pennies allowing

Old 01-01-2015, 11:14 PM   #23
Spurious

Ford is not Australian though is it!

The English import is, or was...the "GRANADA"

Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2015, 11:25 PM   #24
Watto_Cobra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKFPV View Post
Ah sorted. Cheers bud!

You obviously have a driving license so you're clearly not 5 - you wouldn't believe just how long I've been messing about trying to sort that issue - anyway, good skills ;-)

Yeah I like that image - I think I saw it done on here a while back so naturally had to have a go myself

The Pursuit's a bit of a tight fit in the 'Euro' garage but hopefully that's coming down this year in favour of a double - pennies allowing
No probs. 40 is a long way from 5

You're not kidding about the "euro" garage (the one in the pic I assume). I'd knock something over everytime I turned around. My shed has the same size footprint as my house, and half of it's mezzanine.

You imported the Pursuit yourself? However you got it over there, well done. Petrol prices are scary there I understand.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:38 PM   #25
Spurious

Let's not forget the Pontiac GTO (aka HQ)

The JUDGE GTO 1971
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2015, 11:56 PM   #26
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Argentina built the XP for a number of years
Old 02-01-2015, 12:14 AM   #27
UKFPV

Yeah, it does take a bit of patience when getting it in or out, but thankfully it's just a pleasure vehicle so I'm never in any particular rush when using it. I have to push it in/pull it out of the current garage due to width issues opening doors etc

The Pursuit I purchased in the UK a couple of years back, having previously run LPG AU utes which as you may/may not be aware were imported in very small numbers due I believe, to the deal going bad soon after it was struck, but with the initial batch of vehicles already on the boat so too late for them to be returned (not gospel but that's my understanding of the situation)

I was browsing the internet one Sunday (as you do) and unusually did a search to see if any FPV's were in the UK (having sat in a showroom Cobra ute on a visit to Sydney in 2007) and coincidence would have it 5 minutes earlier an advertisement had just been placed for the sale of the Pursuit just 15 miles or so from where I live - I was intending to have a new garage that year but spent the money on no.19 instead ;-) It was a one owner (who imported it privately) 8,000k 100% stock vehicle which is just the way I like them, which had been used to tow a racing vehicle of some type to and from circuits, hence the low k's. The original owner had at the time misplaced it's FPV compendium and records (he had lots of vehicles) but these have since been found and provided to me, so it's got a full good history including all the original import and purchase order documents, which again I like to have with my vehicles. It's great, and ticks all the boxes as far as I'm concerned

Yeah, petrol costs are high (although we're down to £1.15 or so per litre these days) but to be honest I'm not that bothered, I like driving it and if that costs money then I guess I'll deal with it
3 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2015, 07:18 AM   #28
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford17 View Post
Goes to show you can put a Chev badge on almost anything!
Goes to show that GM like Ford is a multinational that's all.

Nice rides the seth efrican gm and ford cars.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2015, 07:25 AM   #29
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlivverFord View Post
Let's not forget the Pontiac GTO (aka HQ)

The JUDGE GTO 1971

Holden used styling elements from the parent company, they didn't build that GTO here...
The HJ front end looks like a 1970 Chevrolet Monte Carlo.. the front anyway.

There was an American Ford Granada also, available with 302 and 351 Windsors. In the first Gen.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Gr...(North_America)
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2015, 11:06 AM   #30
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlivverFord View Post
Ford is not Australian though is it!

The English import is, or was...the "GRANADA"

Not sure I understand you post. That is not an Australian Falcon re-badged. It is a European Mk II Granada that came out a good year or two before, 1977 to be exact. Note that the rear door top is similar to the XC, the XD had a much lower door line.

The XD was styled after that car so Ford Australia cannot claim all the glory for XD styling. The XD even shares headlights and front indicators with the Mk II Granada. Those parts have European part numbers.

All UK RHD Mk II Granadas were built at the Cologne Plant in Germany.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Granada_(Europe)

Inside the Granada was far more refined than the XD. Especially the Ghia models. Leather seats and real timber dash and door toppings. Very nice car.
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post