Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-10-2010, 08:25 AM   #1
lightninGStrike FPV

Default info on Q Fords Springwood QLD service dept?

I need to get my GS 12 month/15,000km service done and will be doing a job in Slacks Creek, has anyone had any dealings with there service dept?
Good or bad?

Old 01-10-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had a lot of problems with them getting things fixed under warranty Heath.
But they may have changed cos it was in 1987 with my XF S pack. LOL
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2010, 10:32 AM   #3
XRSEX
More money would be great

Yes, do not go there.

I know a lot of people that work in the service department and have seen many "interesting" practices undertaken via mobile phone recordings from my apprentice mate.

Such as flogging the nuts out of cars, not replacing oil filters, just blowing out air filters instead of replacing them...
Old 01-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #4
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

interesting, I had my T3 serviced there twice and air con fully replaced by them also in the T3 after it had some 'issues' never had an issue, and everything was done as stated, even no issue when the compressor was faulty 3 days after fitted, new one was put in with no issues/arguements, they even respected the fact i didnt want it washed. (i hate swirl marks)

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #5
wadexr583

Did the 15k service on my FG xr8 ute there, tried stinging me $1200 for two new front tyres and wheel alignment, alleging the inner tyres had worn 'dangerously'. When I inspected all I could do was scratch and shake my head. NO evidence of this what so ever. When I asked for the engineer to explain why he suggested he was conviently out to lunch.

They also wanted $50 for two wiper blades (mine worked fine but the must have thought differently. And the clutch fluid apparently needed flushing. A $300 job. They said it was a yellow/brown colour. Funny thing is it looks just like when it comes out of the bottle!

They mentioned this over the phone so I guess they were hoping I has one of those saps thats says oh yes go right ahead and fix whatever needs fixing as I have complete trust in your honest service dept.

Will never go back, and will never recommened them to anyone. Funny thing my girlfriends father bought a car from them years ago and had exactly the same problems. Obviously the staff has changed in that time but I guess the culture of this particular dept doesn't.

If you're looking for a better service dept I found Bryan Byrts (Capalaba but they also have a shop on Kessels Rd near Garden City shopping ctr) much easier to deal with (though even they couldn't understand I needed the car at 12pm, when I went back it still hadn't been started..) But at least they were honest with what needed replacing and didn't try and rip me off.
wadexr583 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2010, 09:12 PM   #6
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Nova Ford Caboulture
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2010, 01:49 AM   #7
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep, definitely Nova Ford Caboolture.

I won't go to any other dealer for servicing.

Give Barnesy the Service Manager a call and he'll help you out.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2010, 10:52 AM   #8
lightninGStrike FPV

Thanks for the feed back guys.
I bought the car at Bryan Byrt so maybe I should stick with them and try to get a loan vehicle for the day.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #9
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightninGStrike FPV
Thanks for the feed back guys.
I bought the car at Bryan Byrt so maybe I should stick with them and try to get a loan vehicle for the day.
BBF will give you a loan car for the day..

Q Ford arent as bad as some make out here.. Ive had good and bad stories from both, if your fussy take it to someone like Elite or Bob Romano.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2010, 07:44 AM   #10
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

While we're talking about QLD dealers, sorry to hi-jack the thread but what is everyone's opinion on Sunshine Ford at Southport and Champion Ford at Miami? We bought the car from Byran Bryt up in Capalaba but thats a tad far to travel for a service/warranty issues, We previously had it serviced with Sunshine Ford but they were pretty damn slack.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2010, 09:35 AM   #11
The Lone Ranger
My young fella "Paddy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
BBF will give you a loan car for the day..

Q Ford arent as bad as some make out here.. Ive had good and bad stories from both, if your fussy take it to someone like Elite or Bob Romano.
Brent, not sure whether or not you have dealt with Bob Romano lately....but this is one mob you will want to steer well clear of. I have had 2 dealings with them in the last 6 months and if ever there was a cowboy outfit.....this is them.

Darren
The Lone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2010, 10:06 AM   #12
lightninGStrike FPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
While we're talking about QLD dealers, sorry to hi-jack the thread but what is everyone's opinion on Sunshine Ford at Southport and Champion Ford at Miami? We bought the car from Byran Bryt up in Capalaba but thats a tad far to travel for a service/warranty issues, We previously had it serviced with Sunshine Ford but they were pretty damn slack.
I bought my old BA turbo from Miami and they cracked the windscreen while washing it with a hi-pressure hose after that I figured Sunshine would be a little smarter. I used Sunshine twice with no real problems then took it to Goldie/Ian but unfortunately he closed down ( I think he was to cheap). I would like to use Ford for the first couple of services then will use a smaller mechanic from about 40,000kms.
As like everyone I'm sure there is good and bad, just have to be a stubborn customer and tell them what we do and don't want.