Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-10-2006, 05:53 PM   #1
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Default indy

can someone please horsewhip jason bright!!!!! f*&king idiot cost us the championship lead. he's not even in the running for the championship so why wouldn.t he let lowndesy throught. go back to go karts you wan%er :

SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 05:57 PM   #2
xr8svo
Sykmat

lowndes still leads by 30 points
xr8svo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 05:58 PM   #3
nb_351
building the xe...

couldnt agree more mate...
what a toss... seriously... theres no need for that, if he was a decent driver, he would have let him past... lowndes was up his *** for laps... and when you get that close constantly, your obviously faster than the guy in front...
nb_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 06:01 PM   #4
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

While I would have liked Bright to let Craig through, Bright is also racing for points and the more points he gets, the more sponsorship dollars are worth to him. With him driving his own cars next year, he needs as much as he can get.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 06:02 PM   #5
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Time to get rid of the Indy car round for V8 Supercars. I reckon the track is pathetic due to hardly anywhere to overtake. The only way to change the starting grid is in pit stops or crashes. Do a double stint at Queensland Raceway or something but get that track off the racing list for V8s.

/end rant
Old 22-10-2006, 06:03 PM   #6
MON10A

30 points is bugger all in this game,who was the holden loving officail that gave him the drive through.
MON10A is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 06:18 PM   #7
Sapper
Back to the AU

Very true, the observant among you would have noticed that craig rectified the situation and let russell past.
Old 22-10-2006, 06:30 PM   #8
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

Its a joke Ford Motor Co should be warning all ford teams to support Craig not hold him up and send him backwards, Bright should have no choice, he should have received orders from FPR to let him through with no questions.
Old 22-10-2006, 06:36 PM   #9
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

the holden official crew wont care if he re addressed and let russ through the've only ever reversed their decision and that was with ambrose at darwin a couple of years ago. 30 points is F#$# all. i used to support brighty but not after today's effort
SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 06:40 PM   #10
XzLr8
Banned

isnt kelly in the lead now by 3 points?? after lowndesy dropped another spot after completting the drive through penalty?

Edit: sorry just heard the update, was going what was originally said by crompo before the race finished.
XzLr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 06:43 PM   #11
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by XzLr8
isnt kelly in the lead now by 3 points?? after lowndesy dropped another spot after completting the drive through penalty?
No the commentary crew were wrong. Lowndes is leading by 30

And there's a thread on Indy already here, where I already registered my disgust at the drivethrough http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...9&page=1&pp=25

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 06:45 PM   #12
Dilan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_silver_ghia
No the commentary crew were wrong. Lowndes is leading by 30
Correction Liegh di*khead Diffey was wrong
:Up_to_som
Dilan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 06:48 PM   #13
majin_andrew

Its happening again this year... AVESCO chopping down the series winner to try to make it close for the Grand Finale. It happens every year. That is why the rule is that they must drop their worst round before bathurst, so they can persecute the current winner toward the end of the year. Ambrose had the right idea moving - he knew what was going on.
majin_andrew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 07:22 PM   #14
blutura
ZX-6R & Falcon pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan b
can someone please horsewhip jason bright!!!!! f*&king idiot cost us the championship lead. he's not even in the running for the championship so why wouldn.t he let lowndesy throught. go back to go karts you wan%er :
Why?

Jason Bright had every right to not pull over and let Lowndes past. This is, after all, a team champianship, not a manufacturers champianship. If Lowndesy wants to win, he needs to earn it, not just expect everyone else in a Ford to part like the red sea and let him through.

And before you proceed to flame me, let me point out a couple of things:

1. Lowndes is my favourite driver, though I was a little dissappointed with his Rick Kelly-like attitude today, expecting everyone to help him win.

2. Just like everyone else, I think that this 4 car superteam deal that HRT and HSVDT have got going on is an absolute joke and I am 100% against it.

If Rick and Todd want to help each other out then they should drive on the same team FOR THE WHOLE SEASON. I am getting so sick of this data sharing, car swapping and back scratching arrangement is an absolute load of crap and flies in the face of what competition is all about - finding the best team/driver.

Just because something is legal because of a loophole in the rules, doesn't mean its right.

Today, Todd obviously held the traffic up a tiny bit while Rick was in the pits to ensure his little brother would pop out in front of the pack. There is no other way Rick could have made up that position in 1 lap plus a pit stop.

You can only have two.
blutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 07:33 PM   #15
VelocityXR6TUte
Off to Never Never Land

If you listened to lowndseys interview he said himself that brighty had plenty of horsepower and it was only brighties flat spotted tyre that was making him go slow.
I'm a big lowndes fan and at this end of the season he should also be thinking about the big picture.

As for avesco does it surprise anybody that they pull this crap its not as if they havent done it before.
VelocityXR6TUte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 07:40 PM   #16
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

I really have a suspicion that V8 Supercars / Avesco want a close points situation toward the end of the season, to ensure good crowds at the last race. This appeared evident when Craig got the time penalty for the tyre warming on the grid straight, as well as the penalties from that and the Bright/Ingall situation in race3 today.

Not knowing what rules they brief to the drivers before the race, it seems like they dream up rules and penalties as they go. Otherwise I wouldn't have thought Craig would've got himself in the situations yesterday and today, he's been in it for too long.
Shades of the balaclava situation last year at Bathurst with Ambrose last year.

But then its obvious that Holden have got their act together to help capture the championship, much more so than Ford.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 08:02 PM   #17
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

It's racing, and it happens. But why should Lowndes be handed the championship on a plate.

Having a look at the points table after DYWR

1. Lowndes 2441
2. Kelly 2347
3. Winterbottom 2283

Seems Kelly has actually been more consistant this year and it's cost him with the points system.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 08:10 PM   #18
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

AVESCO didnt force Lowndes to take a risky overtaking maneuver, he should have been content in his position as 1 extra place wasnt worth the risk. Instead he took that silly risk and lost 10 positions. He was lucky he didnt crash out and loose everything.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 08:16 PM   #19
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowEFGLi
Time to get rid of the Indy car round for V8 Supercars. I reckon the track is pathetic due to hardly anywhere to overtake. The only way to change the starting grid is in pit stops or crashes. Do a double stint at Queensland Raceway or something but get that track off the racing list for V8s.

/end rant
It wouldnt be so bad, but they were three races, so whoever was in front basically stayed in front, and bright, and the move ingall put on craig. He does nothing but circulate then in the death throes he decides to put a move on craig.Actually did you notice at bathurst he did the same thing, but to wincup.?
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 08:23 PM   #20
XWildGT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this subject is running hot here and under the pits section bottom line is its a bad track etc for the v8s and its might just be a big advertizing plot for the public in the big dollar areas
XWildGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 08:26 PM   #21
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe they should just race around in circles then? That way you get to see your passing :rolleyes:
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 08:33 PM   #22
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
It's racing, and it happens. But why should Lowndes be handed the championship on a plate.

Having a look at the points table after DYWR

1. Lowndes 2441
2. Kelly 2347
3. Winterbottom 2283

Seems Kelly has actually been more consistant this year and it's cost him with the points system.
The points they are showing now are after DYWR (I believe you have taken the adjusted score and then taken the worst round away again ;)) since it is after Bathurst and there would be no point posting non-adjusted points.

Non-Adjusted scores
1. Kelly 2795
2. Lowndes 2761
3. Winterbottom 2283

Adjusted scores
1. Lowndes 2601
2. Kelly 2571
3. Winterbottom 2283

And yes Lowndes is winning due to DYWR.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 08:34 PM   #23
XWildGT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
Maybe they should just race around in circles then? That way you get to see your passing :rolleyes:
HaHa gee how boring is a race if you carnt pass they should just have the top ten shoot out
XWildGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 08:35 PM   #24
nb_351
building the xe...

or if certain people get restrictors, but a delayed starting system, where the slower cars go first, followed by the faster cars? it doesnt show how talented they really are...
the only reason theres not enough passing is the cars are all relatively the same... look at the good old days, where there would be falcon v torana, constand changing of positions at certain tracks...
i know this is a bit off topic, but its what the public drove it to...
the ones in 1992 when they dissed the skyline, just because it s**t all over them... suck it up... did they do the same thing when the phase 3 was out there ruling everything, or the a9x? i dont think so...
next thing theyll be banning the commodore because ithas too high of a win ratio compared to the falcon...
Old 22-10-2006, 08:36 PM   #25
nb_351
building the xe...

just do a time trial, and he who has the quickest lap wins... no other distractions on the track... no pressure of people trying to pass you...
Old 22-10-2006, 08:44 PM   #26
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaturbo
Its a joke Ford Motor Co should be warning all ford teams to support Craig not hold him up and send him backwards, Bright should have no choice, he should have received orders from FPR to let him through with no questions.
How is that racing, if it comes to that than V8 supercars is BS in my opinon, Lowndes couldnt get past him and that is that, anyway it aint brights fault that Lowndes got a drive through penilty it was his own.
Bionic BF XR8 - 6 speed manual, reversing sensors, premium sound, GT starter button. 218rwkw - Got to love the BOSS!!
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 08:51 PM   #27
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowEFGLi

/end rant
I just checked the 2007 calendar on the super V8 web site and i notice both Surfers Paradise and Adelaide are still there with a disclaimer that dates and times are subject to change.

I was sure I read somewhere that They were pulling out of the Grand Prix and Indy because in the words I recall "the dates don't suit us".

This was not long after Channel 7 annouced it had the rights on Super V8's after this season. Channel 10 still have the Grand Prix and Indy, that is the conflict that will happen.

So watch the 2007 Calendar, it probably will change.
Old 22-10-2006, 08:52 PM   #28
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
The points they are showing now are after DYWR (I believe you have taken the adjusted score and then taken the worst round away again ;)) since it is after Bathurst and there would be no point posting non-adjusted points.

: yeah i just looked again and your right. One minute it isn't adjusted the next it is.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 08:57 PM   #29
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb_351
or if certain people get restrictors, but a delayed starting system, where the slower cars go first, followed by the faster cars? it doesnt show how talented they really are...
the only reason theres not enough passing is the cars are all relatively the same... look at the good old days, where there would be falcon v torana, constand changing of positions at certain tracks...
i know this is a bit off topic, but its what the public drove it to...
the ones in 1992 when they dissed the skyline, just because it s**t all over them... suck it up... did they do the same thing when the phase 3 was out there ruling everything, or the a9x? i dont think so...
next thing theyll be banning the commodore because ithas too high of a win ratio compared to the falcon...
I think the biggest thing that people hated about the Skyline was that a Ford was actually leading Bathurst after the Skyline went into the wall and had only 3 wheels on it. But under the rules they wound the race back 1 lap to prior to the accident. Dick Johnson did 1/2 a lap more than Jim Ricards and passed the finish line whilst ricards was at the top of the mountain.

I know rules is rules , but that is what made people hate the skylines!!!!

First year I can think of that the car was unable to be driven to the winners circle.
Old 23-10-2006, 01:32 AM   #30
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funny all those saying Bright shouldnt move and let Lowndes through when it was exactly what Todd did for his brother. Especially when Todd even said in the papers he would do what ever he could to help his brother win the championship. Pity the Ford drivers arent like that