Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-02-2014, 11:08 PM   #31
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default Re: There are no losers (yeah right)

My daughter took up swimming as a toddler as is common in QLD. She was quite good and by the time she was in year 1 at school she was training in the local swimming squad, doing laps in a 50m pool.

Her school had a end of year swimming carnival and my daughter and another girl who trained with her were neck and neck. Both won 2 races and came second in the other 2. The age champion had to be chosen and the two girls were tied. So they decided to aggregate their times for all events and the girl with the lowest aggregate time was declared the winner. The other girl was given the the age champion as over the 4 races she was less then 2 seconds faster than my daughter.

Try explaining that to a 6 year old. She decided swimming wasn't for her and lost interest.

So, I am sort of in favour of not keeping score for little kids. Wait until they are bigger and want to compete and are able to understand a bit better.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:49 PM   #32
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: There are no losers (yeah right)

We dont keep score in one of our U9 cricket teams.
But you can bet that many of those kids out there playing are
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post