Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 23-02-2014, 08:19 PM   #31
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Charlotte Dawson found deadf

Good points fellas, but need to focus on the main point at hand and that is Charlotte Dawson is dead. For whatever reason it is there's no need to debate, RIP Charlotte
Old 23-02-2014, 09:34 PM   #32
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Coincidentally, for those of you with friends or family suffering depression and you don't know what to do/how to help; one of my friends posted this link on facebook about five minutes ago:
http://www.thedarlingbakers.com/love...th-depression/
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Old 23-02-2014, 11:02 PM   #33
zilo
BANNED

Just another indictment of facebook and twitter being a risk for our kids.

Just add the words facebook and twitter on the router filter list and home sweet home is peaceful again.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2014, 11:10 PM   #34
stev3n

Lotte if you get your advice from facebook and you have stated that you suffer from depression I'm worried for your well being. Give facebook a rest and enjoy the real world.
This user likes this post:
Old 23-02-2014, 11:12 PM   #35
gtfpv
GT

lived in woollomoloo on the finger wharf next to russell crowe . thats a big ticket residence at the top end of town .
$1200 per week rent , and lost tv contracts and was down to earning just $300 pw .
fell into the trap of beauty and celebrity status that wears off .
many beuatiful woman , celebrities or not have power and privilege when young , it goes to thier head and is very temporary . they push people away - thats the mental illness . and they end up alone . old and poor .
thats even worse for a celebrity .
i blame media rubbish . with elite BS . HOW MANY CELEBRITIES FALL FROM POWER AUTHORITY , WEALTH . or just being liked .
what the hell was she doing living there . where were her real friends and family . not those paying for her rent . where were her friends moving her out of celebrity ville ( which was over) and moving her into a job out west , or home .
her family is coming over to take her body home . ( what a disgusting shame ) they shouldve come over to take her home and take her fishing , and perhaps selling clothes in a shop , and doing charity work . promotions work there.,
Or was she too privileged to lower her standards .
whatever the case . its all too common
4 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2014, 11:35 PM   #36
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If that were me I'd take that pain out on the people responsible for it instead of myself, or at least both. It's amazing people in todays society are allowed to abuse others into mental illness (their entire life for some) and get away with it with no real legal repercussions, yet you get life in prison if a life is taken physically.

If bullying was treated on a level equal to say that of school stabbings it would die out pretty fast, the police would get involved there and scare the little *****, there should be convictions as well so when these behavioral cases grow up we know not to poison our work environment with them. I never understood the leniency towards bullying, it has far worse damaging effects than being beaten up or even stabbed, way worse, it's just one of those things people stay quiet about and silently accept as part of society.

Last edited by ILLaViTaR; 23-02-2014 at 11:44 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2014, 11:47 PM   #37
Lotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by stev3n View Post
Lotte if you get your advice from facebook and you have stated that you suffer from depression I'm worried for your well being. Give facebook a rest and enjoy the real world.
Where on earth have I stated that? I suggest to don't make assumptions from a couple of posts.

Old 23-02-2014, 11:51 PM   #38
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
I realize this is a strong topic by the look of these comments. I cant see this thread lasting much longer to be honest.

A person who seriously and secretly needed help has committed suicide and all we can do is B**** and moan about the person's personality or whose/whats to blame.

It would be nice to show some respect and an ounce of compassion for the deceased and their families for at least 24hrs before laying the blame on anyone.
This!!! Vincenzo is right suicides are a not talked about in the media. The reason why is obvious. This thread needs to be deleted.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2014, 11:57 PM   #39
gtfpv
GT

c'mon . its a big assumption to say she was bullied to suicide .
people become victims of themselves , they take thier own life , because they become thier own judge . a mental illness renders that judge non competent. it could be the bully that commits the suicide , and judges themselves .
people commit suicide for all sorts of reasons . but it's mostly about that very person . not someone else .
most people have rules and morals which they judge others on , what happens if they break thier very own morals one day . leave a church , leave a person , disown a family member , have an accident, d u i , kill someone accidently , deliberately , or are unable to help someone else , are unable to support themselves , commit adultery,become an alcoholic, a gambler, a drug addicted person, a lonely person.the death of someone else .
all those things can be things that people draw a line in the sand that ,it isn't the things they want any part of when they are young . find yourself looking back in the mirror one day , and try not to have amental illness .
aside from all of this you could be a victim who is simply bullied and develop low self esteem yes .
but truly . i think people need to look a lot deeper into why someone tops themselves . the reasons are many .
and it's a lapse of judgement that creates suicidal thoughts .
often time passes and you can look back and laugh at yourself , or be ashamed of how you were thinking suicide , because you thought that these things dont happen in life .. this is what counsillors have to get out there every day .

Last edited by gtfpv; 24-02-2014 at 12:06 AM.
Old 24-02-2014, 12:15 AM   #40
stev3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotte View Post
Where on earth have I stated that?
Post 16 mate, you stated you suffer from depression.

You stated that I was ignorant, I would rather be known as ignorant rather than gullible. Shoot me a PM if you want some help with your depression issues.
Old 24-02-2014, 12:16 AM   #41
stev3n

Sorry guys I have gone off topic.
Old 24-02-2014, 12:17 AM   #42
Lotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by stev3n View Post
Post 16 mate, you stated you suffer from depression.

You stated that I was ignorant, I would rather be known as ignorant rather than gullible. Shoot me a PM if you want some help with your depression issues.
I most certainly will, because that's not the assumption I wad talking about.

Old 24-02-2014, 12:22 AM   #43
nstg8a

Her demons go back years, long before twitter etc.
She went through an extremely messy divorce, that by her own account destroyed her.
The interview with her ex husband, who is/was a junkie was due to be televised last weekend I believe.

At the end of the day no one is perfect, least of all us aff members, so how about we just share a thought of compassion, and think about the loved ones around us, and what they mean to us.

And I'd suggest this may be a good time to close the thread.

Rip Charlotte Dawson.
Old 24-02-2014, 12:53 AM   #44
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
And I'd suggest this may be a good time to close the thread.
Agreed
Closed Thread