Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-03-2005, 04:06 AM   #1
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Lightbulb Seatbelt Adjusters - Interchangability?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if the AU2's adjustable seatbelt height adjusters were able to be bolted onto my Au1?

The plastic on the AU1 gets cut up by the belt if you're a shorter guy like me! Does anyone else have this problem?

I was thinking that the AU2's should be a simple enough switch. Anyone done it? What would the parts be worth you reckon?

Cheers,

George
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2005, 01:35 PM   #2
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
The plastic on the AU1 gets cut up by the belt if you're a shorter guy like me! Does anyone else have this problem?
Yep, My belt cuts into the plastic and somewhere down the track I'll need a replacement belt. Its not unroadworthy yet but it's still something I want fixed.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2005, 02:59 PM   #3
AUGhiaV8

Yep, I've done this... no probs (just remember that the rail bolt creates its own thread). A cheap mod - even buying the parts new from Ford!!!!!!!!!!!!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2005, 05:08 PM   #4
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

I've done it also. Replaced the seat belts and B-pillar trim to AU2 height adjustable ones. Unfortunately you need the new seat belts as well, you can't just go an replace the trim.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2005, 07:25 PM   #5
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Thanks for the advice guys. What will I expect to pay?

George
Old 31-03-2005, 03:42 PM   #6
tgmor
Lone Ranger

George,

I have an AUII & the adjuster has worn the belt fraying the edges. The plastic on the adjuster is also worn by the belt leaving a groove.
Cant win either way.

Geoff
tgmor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2005, 10:01 PM   #7
GK
Walking with God

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmor
George,

I have an AUII & the adjuster has worn the belt fraying the edges. The plastic on the adjuster is also worn by the belt leaving a groove.
Cant win either way.

Geoff
Geoff,

Looks like we're both in for a bit of dough!

Cheers,

George
Old 31-03-2005, 10:15 PM   #8
AUGhiaV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
I've done it also. Replaced the seat belts and B-pillar trim to AU2 height adjustable ones. Unfortunately you need the new seat belts as well, you can't just go an replace the trim.
Why do you need new belts?... I kept the same ones - no probs at all. Just replaced the trim and fitted the adjustable B-pillar rails. Cost me about $70 all up.

Last edited by AUGhiaV8; 31-03-2005 at 10:22 PM.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2005, 11:51 PM   #9
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
Did you see the post from AuGhiaV8?

He's done the mod i was enquiring about without the need for new belts!

Excellent!

George
Old 31-03-2005, 11:53 PM   #10
GK
Walking with God

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGhiaV8
Why do you need new belts?... I kept the same ones - no probs at all. Just replaced the trim and fitted the adjustable B-pillar rails. Cost me about $70 all up.
Thanks for the tip. I'll give this a go on the driver's side these holidays. The passanger side is still fine. $70 sounds great to me!! Thanks for the tip.

Oh do I need one of those special key tools? If so, what size and how much approx? I'm thinking I'd just knick down to supecheap autos or the like.

Cheers,

George

Last edited by GK; 31-03-2005 at 11:55 PM.