Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #1651
xg_ute_94

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hey guys another new member my names Brad im from Tassie im 21 currently on the hunt for a job after finishing up at norske skog last year now abit about my cars.

Daily Driver: 1990 NA fairlane 3.9 auto, blue velour interior, LTD grill, will remain mostly standard. I have recently put another motor in it i bought it cheap with a crap motor and it was still regod.

Weekender/Project: 1985 XF GL sedan, 250 crossflow, 3sp auto. Had 135,000k's on it when i purchased it ive only put around 5,000 on it in 12 months. Extractors and 2.5inch exhaust, redline torker manifold and 350 holley, ultra lows, 14X8 and 14X10 dragways currently working on a boot install, i have a 4sp single rail lined up for it and it will also end up with a 3.5 disc brake LSD have everything here to do it.

that will do for now i will put up some photos when i get home.
xg_ute_94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #1652
sophietyphoon
sophietyphoon

Hello all you wonderful fellow Ford lovers. New to forums and happy to be here as part of a great crowd. I'm the lucky owner of a BF MKII Typhoon, (obviously!). I'll try to put a pic of her online if I can.... so happy to chat with like minded ford folk... (the new boyfriend is now a converted ex-holden man - it only took ONE drive of the 'phoon to do it too!!! hahahaha) Love to all out there, Sophie.
sophietyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #1653
sophietyphoon
sophietyphoon

sophietyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #1654
xk_falcons_rule

Hi everyone. My name is Bron Goodluck and i live in gladstone queensland. and yes that is my real birth given name. i have a 1962 xk falcon deluxe 4 door thats tranparent purple which ive been restoring now for about 6 years and i have a white ba xr6 non turbs ute as my wheels atm. just wondering would anyone have any interest in an original 144 cube complete running motor thats been rebuilt and restored wit all running gear exept diff??
xk_falcons_rule is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #1655
xg_ute_94

Photos for post above

daily

XF

xg_ute_94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #1656
davethe4
Starter Motor

hi there ,dave the 4th im in the ford coupe club and got no idea what im doing but that doesnt stop me . cheers
davethe4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #1657
EFN40L
Dog leggin it!

G'day Ladies and Gents

Im Ethan and pleased to meet you all (Eventually)

so a week or so ago i picked myself up an EF Falcon in Cardinal Red, 5 spd Manual, 200xxx on the clock, came with a zorst but i wish to make a few replacements :P Being a welder this should be an easy job.

Got a few plans for this car, Pacemakers, Cams, Slammed to the floor, Sound system (Already started) tint etc etc.

Previous car history is a 2000 Subaru liberty (Got rear ended and smashed another 3 cars whilst writing mine off) And an 04 3L TD Hilux 4x4 (Had a minor pringle but the insurance company wont fund my claim as we honestly didnt know you had to tell them if you had a suspended licence once before) So she's gone and now im in this EF Falcon, bought it due to a mate owning one a while back and loved it to bits till he sold it.

Im gonna head out to Fords in the park to check some of the rides out, So if you see my car there and im near it say Hi as im always keen to meet other car lovers

Many thanks

~Ethan
EFN40L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 11:59 PM   #1658
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davethe4
hi there ,dave the 4th im in the ford coupe club and got no idea what im doing but that doesnt stop me . cheers
Great to see you joined up Dave the 4th.

Welcome everyone to the best site you will find for information on our beloved Fords.

Cheers
Col
Old 24-04-2012, 12:17 AM   #1659
TZNHSV

hi my names daniel,

i currently own a ba xr6 manual, can not wait to join this site cheers
TZNHSV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2012, 12:38 AM   #1660
pmacc

Hi I’m Paul, I’ve jumped from the other side of the fence and now own a Black G6E

Previous cars were a 05 Diesel Hilux which I got rid of after 3 months, hated the thing and a VZ Calais which I had for a few years. I look forward to being able to use some of the valuable wisdom and experience various members have provided and I’ll try and contribute some of my knowledge whenever I can.

Cheers, Paul
pmacc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #1661
huntdm
Starter Motor

Looking to replace damaged Caliper Body Bolts for my BA Falcon. Would appreciate advice on what bolt size and thread I need
huntdm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #1662
real time

hi fords roc i am waiting to get my F6 ute cant wait
real time is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #1663
big o xr8
Starter Motor

hello and thank u
big o xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #1664
AU GONE BAD

Hi guys names Mike i've had a pair of au fallcons for few months now a 1999 and a 2002 been looking at modding and would so love some ideas.

i've already set about doing a few things ie lowering and costom paint work and wheels and things and done some custom foot well lighting

cheers guys any ideas would be great i mean people say these are the ugglest cars they ever seen i don't think so

SMOKE 'EM IF YA GOT EM
AU GONE BAD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2012, 11:02 PM   #1665
05_ENFORCER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZNHSV
hi my names daniel,

i currently own a ba xr6 manual, can not wait to join this site cheers
You already have dude, welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmacc
Hi I’m Paul, I’ve jumped from the other side of the fence and now own a Black G6E
About time too

Previous cars were a 05 Diesel Hilux which I got rid of after 3 months, hated the thing and a VZ Calais which I had for a few years. I look forward to being able to use some of the valuable wisdom and experience various members have provided and I’ll try and contribute some of my knowledge whenever I can.

Cheers, Paul
Good onya mate, we are always open to new ideas/comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntdm
Looking to replace damaged Caliper Body Bolts for my BA Falcon. Would appreciate advice on what bolt size and thread I need
Maybe ask the question in this sub forum
http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdi...aysprune=&f=20

Quote:
Originally Posted by real time
hi fords roc i am waiting to get my F6 ute cant wait
Bring it on
Quote:
Originally Posted by big o xr8
hello and thank u
A warm welcome bud

Old 24-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #1666
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Welcome guys and girls.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #1667
F6R273
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hey ford fans, very new to this site looks very interesting and no doubt i will come accross some nice looking cars, posts, projects etc. I purchased my 07 R spec Typhoon a couple of weeks ago in townsville and im loving it! Hope to hear back soon!
F6R273 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #1668
munro1656
Starter Motor

hi all my name is craig i'm 37 my ride (that I am selling) is a 1980 rs2000 2 door. The reason for selling is this car just does not suit my family of 4 kids so I need to sell it. It's a pity i am selling but I need too. Maybe a lot of you have already seen it for sale but will leave a link for you anyway.
I will be building my next project car just as soon as I finish the caravan i'm building.the next project has already started with the addition in my shed of a 351 windsor that I will be throwing efi and a couple of turbos on just need to decide what vehicle I will put it in? anyway here is a link for my ride and the one that must go. Just to let youno I have never put it on a dyno only street tuned and any more that 8psi boost it just fries tyres and brings tears to commodore drivers
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/230781050...84.m1586.l2649
munro1656 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #1669
peter.read
Starter Motor

Hello,

My name is Peter, just purchased my first car, a Ford Falcon BA Classic.

Hopefully I can pick up some helpful tips on maintenance and upgrade.

Glad to be here.
peter.read is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #1670
barry quail
Starter Motor

Hi Guys and Girls

Just joined this great forum .I have a Fairmont Ghia Tickford 6 that i have owned for 11 years top vehice minimal problems weit it cheers,
barry quail is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #1671
JET64L
Jet Six Images

Hey members been on here before by another name but forgot details so signed up again, I have a BF FALCON XR6 TURBO with 343rwkws and my PB is 11.9 @ 121mph at WSID! It is tuned at http://www.cmssydney.com.au/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20.jpg (117.9 KB, 73 views)
JET64L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #1672
EFN40L
Dog leggin it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET64L
Hey members been on here before by another name but forgot details so signed up again, I have a BF FALCON XR6 TURBO with 343rwkws and my PB is 11.9 @ 121mph at WSID! It is tuned at http://www.cmssydney.com.au/
Wow Tang took your picture? I used to be apart of the Liberty club forum with Tangcla. He takes some wicked pictures
Old 26-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #1673
Gordon Kelly
Starter Motor

Default Mondeo Question!

Hi All, New to this site, just purchased a 2009 MB Mondeo Titanium and have a question around the HMI. Is it possible to hook a reverse camera up through the HMI? Look forward to your responses.
Gordon Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #1674
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophietyphoon
Hello all you wonderful fellow Ford lovers. New to forums and happy to be here as part of a great crowd. I'm the lucky owner of a BF MKII Typhoon, (obviously!). I'll try to put a pic of her online if I can.... so happy to chat with like minded ford folk... (the new boyfriend is now a converted ex-holden man - it only took ONE drive of the 'phoon to do it too!!! hahahaha) Love to all out there, Sophie.
I swear I saw your car the other day, where abouts are you from?

Welcome by the way.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #1675
damobussi
Starter Motor

Hi everyone damian from melbourne here au xr8 owner happy to have joined the forum and hope to benefit from the wealth of knowledge that is available from the site and also hope to contribute to it as well keep up the good work
damobussi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #1676
xrxystu
Hangar pilot....

Hi All,

I thought it was about time I posted a "hello" as I've been lurking around these forums for a while reading every else's project updates etc.
My name is Stu and I live in Melbourne. I'm a licensed aircraft engineer with Virgin Australia- hence my avatar.
My stable consists of an AUIII XR8 Herrod modified ute in liquid silver, a 1967 XR Fairmont 289 that I have owned for 17 years and a 1971 XY Fairmont 302w that I picked up a couple of years ago.
My father owns an XW ute- 302W, auto that he bought brand new back in 1970 and his current project is a 1949 ford F3 truck that he is restoring back to original condition.
My brother has had a few Fords over the years and his current (slow) project is an XR Fairmont.

One of these days I'll post up a few pics our Fords and hopefully start a thread on my XR rebuild- when I get it started!

Cheers Stu.
xrxystu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #1677
IJGJLPDJ
Starter Motor

Hi, new boy here.

Have a G220 5.4l 3 valve daily driver and a recently acquired basket case NSW chaser 1981 351 chaser.

Chaser needs a new body as is rusted out.

Does anyone read the newbies posts?

Dale
IJGJLPDJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #1678
lolplates
Starter Motor

Hi, been lurking for a while now. Allways loved fords of all sizes. I have a soft spot for eskies and Au-BF falcons...
lolplates is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #1679
SIMONH

Hi guys a girls.... New to the ford world and new to this forum, so be kind :-)

I have a massively mixed car history as I get bored very easilly, but I am current driving a 2007 BF MKII XR6 in black. Lowered a small amount on 20" Dark Agents.

Please forgive me, but I also own a pretty shweet, slammed 1965 VW Beetle.

Anyway.... I don't really have too many plans for my my XR6 as its just my daily drive, but I still have a few ideas for it.
SIMONH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #1680
GONEN6
HOODY

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hey guys how you all doin names Trav got a 2005 BA GT MkII with a few mods and ATM fittin subs to the boot. I'm runnin the sub amp RCA's from the wiring from the factory amp in the boot as it has the premium sound system but the factory sub SUXXXX **** but once I unplug it the standard wiring seems to shut down and the rear speakers deactivate ????? Any help would be greatly appreciated cheers guys :-)
GONEN6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post