Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 12-07-2005, 03:57 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Fitting Cruise and Leather Wheel

well after it being in my room looking fantastic in the box, its almost time for it to be fitted.

I posted this thread because i know some were asking about the labuor charge to have the job done. I think somebody said they were quoted 8 hours labour?!

Today Ive been told the official charge would be around $250, so this shouldnt vary too much from dealer to dealer. They are apparently quite a tricky item to fit.

Thankfully I'm having mine done for the princely sum of $50 due to pulling a few strings at the dealership, but for those who were wondering, allow $300 - because you'll no doubt wanna go for a drive with the nice leather wheel once its no and that $50 should keep you going for ages!

Old 12-07-2005, 10:27 PM   #2
Mick K.

That's great - I'm about 70% keen to get this done with my 45K service which is in about 700kms time. A dealer on Brisbane's southside quoted me 8hrs labour. Won't be going there!

What do I need to say to get a good deal on fitting!!??
Mick K. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2005, 10:38 PM   #3
zetec
Zoom Zoom

do it yourself :P
Old 13-07-2005, 10:17 AM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

Funnily enough there is a guide I have found on focusfanatics.com that shows you how to do it yourself, but looking at all the stuff inside the box I think Id get lost in a matter of minutes. So best to leave it to the pros.

And for that price, who's complaning!

Mick K - Im supplying the wheel and all neccesary parts myself (I have the kit) hence why theyre able to only charge me labour. Just tell them it should only take a good mechanic 3 hours at the absolute most (and even then id be asking questions) and therefore they cannot possibly charge you any more than that.
Old 15-07-2005, 09:12 PM   #5
Mick K.

Got quoted $240 fitting today by another Brisbane dealer - They also quoted about $350 for the parts - but I think that may be for the non-leather wheel version.

MK
Old 15-07-2005, 09:19 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick K.
Got quoted $240 fitting today by another Brisbane dealer - They also quoted about $350 for the parts - but I think that may be for the non-leather wheel version.

MK
Youd be surprised, theyve come down heaps.

The part number from my kit, which has the leather wheel and all cruise components in it, is LR 10975 BA.

Last edited by b2tf; 15-07-2005 at 09:58 PM. Reason: part no in bold
b2tf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2005, 11:05 PM   #7
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Go for it Mick, sounds great that!!
Old 20-07-2005, 09:04 PM   #8
Mick K.

Well I'm booked to get the cruise supplied and fitted next week with the 45K service. $418 for the kit (leather wheel) and $240 fitting, plus another $250 odd for the service will make it about $900 all up but considering my last 2 cars have had cruise and I do a bit of highway mileage, it should be worth it.

Other dealers quoted me as much as $900 for just the cruise kit and fitment last week.

I looked at 3rd party kits for about $300 fitted but they looked dodgy.

Anyone want a leather wheel? Make an offer - but you'll have to wait till at least next Thurs

MK
Old 28-07-2005, 08:52 PM   #9
Mick K.

Got my cruise control and new wheel fitted today - very happy with the cruise - my right angle is thanking me already!

Just need to go back to the dealer to get whatever bolts they left loose behind the wheel connected / tightened.

Any CL drivers out there want a leather LR Focus wheel?

MK
Old 30-07-2005, 02:45 PM   #10
Mick K.

Found out the bolts the dealer left undone were the ones that hold the airbag on.

Fantastic effort there Mr Ford dealer. Do they have a quality control process?

MK