Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
Barnzey

Default Cruise Control Manual

Happy New Year to All

I am install a cruise control kit I get from FTG and just need a little help to confirm that the clutch switch is depressed when clutch is not push in.
And mounting it straight on to steel bracket near cluch pivot point.

If poss a picture of the switch on the bracket would be great.
If not asking to much on new years day

Thanks

Barnzey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Cruise Control Manual

Yes that is rite, switch is closed when pedal is in the up position

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2012, 10:52 PM   #3
Barnzey

Thanks For that Whoosha.
Barnzey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #4
rowan194
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok, now I'm curious... what happens when you hit a hill in a manual with CC on? Does the engine just surge to max revs?
rowan194 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #5
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

If your car has enough power/torque, then it'll just pull up the hill in the gear your already in...

If you want to downshift for the incline, then you just pop the clutch in, shift down, let the clutch out and the cruise control picks the car speed back up to what you were previously doing..
Old 02-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowan194
Ok, now I'm curious... what happens when you hit a hill in a manual with CC on? Does the engine just surge to max revs?
Why would it do that ? it maintains the speed of the gear it was set at. ; 100 Ks in 5th aprox 2250, or 2650 app. in 4th still at 100 Ks . Disengaging if the clutch is depressed .

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #7
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Mine must be slightly out of adjustment, when i used to tap the clutch pedal in my GT-P it would disengage the CC instantly..
In the XR when i tap it, nothing happens, Iv actually gotta partly press the pedal in maybe 1/4 of an inch and then it slightly picks up a few revs, maybe 200 or so from where it was and then disengages..

To re engage it, you have to hit the resume or set buttons again, it dosent automatically resume after you hit or depress the brake pedal or clutch pedal.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #8
MarkT83

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrghiawagon
If your car has enough power/torque, then it'll just pull up the hill in the gear your already in...

If you want to downshift for the incline, then you just pop the clutch in, shift down, let the clutch out and the cruise control picks the car speed back up to what you were previously doing..
it would do the same as if you hit the brakes it would disengage cruise you would have to hit set for it to engage.
MarkT83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post