Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-01-2006, 09:31 PM   #1
GTHO3_2

Default The New green P plate

what does everyone think of this new "Green P Plate" that everyone as to have for one year before getting there "Red P Plates"???

I do c one prob with this and that is with the 1 passenger rule. a while ago the gov' tried to jamm this whole designated driver thing into all our heads. Now when we turn 18 we have to main things that happen we can drink and we can drive now i do go to the city with alot of my 18-21 year old friends and usually each week we have a diff driver we can get 5 of us in a car now with the pass restrictions we now need to take 3 cars so i see this bringing in some new drink driving probs coz i have heard people saying they will do this so i think we need to look at the trends of what is happeniong to this 18-21 year old generation and try to suit these new lawa to us ar they will be broken

GTHO3_2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 09:35 PM   #2
lukey
www.lukehimself.net

thats a very good point. Adding to this point, they want to promote 'car pooling' to reduce the amount of cars on our roads, this goes totally the other direction.
Old 23-01-2006, 09:40 PM   #3
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes but you are forgetting one of the main reasons they probably have brought in the whole 1 passenger rule.......
Get a car load of teens, either drunk or sober and often there is hassles (or worse still - serious accidents).....

I am not saying ALL teens, just look at some statistics and you will see the reasons behind some of the rules.
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 09:59 PM   #4
Mk II

i dont wanna look stupid, but do u gtho3_2 come from a different state 2 nsw, u must. i am only on my ls at the moment, and we get out red p's first, for 1 year, then a green for 2. As far as i know we havnt had any restrictions on passengers as yet. would appreciate being corrected if qrong though
Mk II is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 10:10 PM   #5
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk II
i dont wanna look stupid, but do u gtho3_2 come from a different state 2 nsw, u must. i am only on my ls at the moment, and we get out red p's first, for 1 year, then a green for 2. As far as i know we havnt had any restrictions on passengers as yet. would appreciate being corrected if qrong though
Quite possibly he comes from another state like Victoria and they may be considering this rule but I've not heard. Personally I don't think it will make a difference because it will just prolong the inevitable. Not much difference between a 17 yr old and an 18 yr old with 4 others in the car. But again they are taking the easy way out and not teaching defensive driving.

By the way MKII any chance you could check your spelling etc before you post. Thanks.
Old 23-01-2006, 10:17 PM   #6
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^You still get P's at 18. Which means your on P's till your 22. (I think).

I really hope I don't get these new plates when I start driving (May 30th I turn 18).

Personally, I think the no V8/Turbo/Supercharger law they're looking at is silly.. Perhaps limit the size of all 3.. But especially in rural areas, there's so many people with V8's in there older cars and have less power than newer 6's.. Doesn't make much sense.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 10:35 PM   #7
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

Quote:
Originally Posted by popinfresh
^^You still get P's at 18. Which means your on P's till your 22. (I think).

I really hope I don't get these new plates when I start driving (May 30th I turn 18).

Personally, I think the no V8/Turbo/Supercharger law they're looking at is silly.. Perhaps limit the size of all 3.. But especially in rural areas, there's so many people with V8's in there older cars and have less power than newer 6's.. Doesn't make much sense.
uummm... if you're referring to vic u get ur l'z at 16, p'z at 18 and full licence at 21
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 01:12 AM   #8
Quicklier
Perfecting the 1-2 change

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwigybo
uummm... if you're referring to vic u get ur l'z at 16, p'z at 18 and full licence at 21
Read it again.
Changes start later this year.
Quicklier is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 01:18 AM   #9
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

: my bad... sucks for those getting their p plates soon then......
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 01:29 AM   #10
Miss_Aly
Queen Bee

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the work on cruises and the money raised for charity. 

I think a green plate should be displayed for 3 months not 12 months. This way it lets other drivers know that you are still only learning to drive, but you are driving on your own for the first time.

I reckon Vic roads should bring out a plate for the over 75's (Elderly) reading "constantly sideways" haha just joking. Maybe a 'S' plate meaning Senior??
Miss_Aly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 01:31 AM   #11
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Aly
I reckon Vic roads should bring out a plate for the over 75's (Elderly) reading "constantly sideways" haha just joking. Maybe a 'S' plate meaning Senior??
More like 'Constantly Braking'.
Old 24-01-2006, 01:34 AM   #12
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Aly
Maybe a 'S' plate meaning Slow??
Fixed for you
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 01:56 AM   #13
XR8GRL