Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 10-03-2009, 12:32 AM   #1
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default New Zealand get Magenta Fiestas!

I saw on the ford.co.nz site they have the hot magenta listed in the colours at +$1000 similar to how it is in England. Even at the extra price it's the second most popular colour in England. They go on sale there in April so I guess that means we get Magenta after that date also?. The local dealers told me it wasn't comming to Australia as no one would pay the extra for the paint (they also told me heaps of girls were comming into the dealers saing I'll buy one but only if you get me a magenta one :p he said it was getting anoying)

greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2009, 07:05 AM   #2
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Often happens that way.

Depends a lot on the local dealerships and their management.

For example, Subaru NZ managed to offer the Forester STI to those that wanted it but Subaru AU refused to import it.

Talk was that it was purely for financial reasons in that the STI would not sell well enough and would eat into WRX STI sales.

However, it sold well enough in NZ and didn't negatively impact WRX sales.

Not a fan of the Magenta myself but they should at least offer it as an option for those willing to pay a premium.
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2009, 08:12 AM   #3
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Considering the amount of mangenta and pink VL commodores you see girls driving and have been willing to pay to have them painted like that. I think it should be an option . My wife wanted the Magenta (it's why she first noticed the Fiesta) she was pretty upset when she found out it wasn't offered in Australia and in the end it's mostly girls that will buy these cars
Old 10-03-2009, 10:41 AM   #4
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Considering its the 'hero' colour featured in the world wide advertising, they should make that colour available world wide!
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2009, 04:25 PM   #5
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

It worked well with the oranger XR5s I thought.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:55 PM   #6
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Agree, XR5 in orange is one vehicle that should have been excluded.

Worst colour ever dropped on a Ford
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #7
BlackLS
yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
Considering the amount of mangenta and pink VL commodores you see girls driving and have been willing to pay to have them painted like that. I think it should be an option . My wife wanted the Magenta (it's why she first noticed the Fiesta) she was pretty upset when she found out it wasn't offered in Australia and in the end it's mostly girls that will buy these cars
I know its generally confusing to the brain but they're usually guys driving :P

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2009, 11:00 PM   #8
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fails advertising on my behalf as they are showing the colour on the new Fiesta commercial. When we are unable to get it. Yes or No.

Brought one for the wife. Showed her the Magenta colour and loved it. Wife said she was ringing the dealer to change colour..........lol.
Then I told her it's not available in Aus. It was funny at the time but she sure was not a happy camper.

It's a shame that Ford Aus didn't bring that colour here. Very nice
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2009, 05:53 AM   #9
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman2
Agree, XR5 in orange is one vehicle that should have been excluded.

Worst colour ever dropped on a Ford
Is that the same orange that was on the Falcon a few years ago?, I nearly throw up everytime I see one. Mostly because I ate a lollie that colour once as a kid that had bad side affects on my stomach :p and ever since then that "artifical pale faded spew orange colour" really doesn't do me any favours at all
Old 04-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #10
Cleveland 351
Starter Motor

If anyone hears of the Hot Magenta coming to Australia could they please post here?
Surely someone at Ford recognizes the potential for more sales with so many people interested in this colour?
Cleveland 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post