Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 05-04-2006, 11:55 PM   #61
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

As far as im concerned Teki can talk about the clio all he wants. Come on guys (and girls) he IS a member of our forums, and whether some of you like to admit it or not.. he actually does know what he is on about.

He JUST got his new car, can you guess why he likes to talk about it? come on, stop being a bunch of tossers. And josh, keep a polite tongue
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 12:45 AM   #62
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
I think you're missing the point. You are more than welcome to talk about your car, regardless of what it is, but the comparisons betwen Fez and Clio, and the constant Clio bignoting does get a bit irritating.

Anyway, water under the bridge.
I think austin has hit the nail on the head, but I do agree with Mitch as well, I always have been understanding of why Teki is constantly talking about his new car becasue I have been there (Not just with this car, but with my old one) and I know what its like.

Steven, Youre a member mate, No need to p!ss off like that. You've made friends here (that being your sydney euromates) and some others as well. No need to act like that mate. In the end, its up to you.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 01:07 AM   #63
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Guys,

I'm more disappointed in the ignorance in here.

Firstly - this thread was in regards to a Muffler, right? I pointed out the obvious that the dual exhaust wouldn't fit, and that the picture posted wouldn't really provide any gains. As for the 'fake' tip - That just screams loser. I'm sorry, but who are you trying to pretend to be? The tip would be clean, not blow any smoke, and hence not go slightly black.

Sorry Josh, when did I ever mention I had a handbag? Sorry, I'm a defect now am I? I could be a total snob and question you "Sorry, but, you drive a Fiesta?". But I'm not shallow - I've owned a Fiesta it was and still is the best small car. I'm sure you've read the forum rules and policies - No Personal Comments.

Now, apart from the PICTURE to explain the MUFFLER system - I haven't referred to the Clio lately (apart from the slight fling with a Polo GTI). Do any of you read the Focus forum also? I do know my cars - And like to give people advice on any questions they may have.

And once again, In comparing the Fiesta to the Clio (Which I did when I first got the car - Sorry, but I think I remember a few people asking what it was like). I can tell you now, that the Fiesta is no slouch. I had been on a drive day chasing 6 RenaultSport Clios, and can assure you they were impressed. The Fiesta pulled 0.84Gs in the Wheels Mag test, and the Clio pulled 0.90Gs. So, in the handling department, I do think BOTH cars can be compared. Hey, maybe if Ford had studied the Clio Sport a little more, they would have got the Fiesta ST right. Most reviews from Evo and Car Magazine give the same impression.

I will continue to surf the forum - However I think I might keep my posting to the Focus section with the more "mature" owners.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 08:32 AM   #64
joshf2
striped

you're disappointed? i'm disappointed you couldnt keep your word and stay away.

you then want to bring it back on topic, and what do i read? something about lateral G's?

some things will never change
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 09:43 AM   #65
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2

you then want to bring it back on topic, and what do i read? something about lateral G's?

See - this is what I meant. The REASON why I spoke about Gs - Was due to people not understanding how the Fiesta could be compared to "hot hatches".

I think I will hang around. Out of most people online, you are the most incompetent. When have you ever said something POSITIVE on the forum? Really Josh - Grow up. You speak as though your king $hit. I'm sorry, but reality check; YOUR NOT.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 06-04-2006, 10:41 AM   #66
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Its pretty sad, that this thread has gone downhill very quickly, over peoples negative opinions towards Teki and his Cleo. IF YOU GOT NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO SAY. THEN DONT SAY IT. Its simple as that. If the point of posting is just to ИИИИ people off, why be part of the forums. There is a limit to what should be give and take.

I think moving on is the best way to go.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:15 PM   #67
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Rear Bumper and Exhausts

Quote:

Josh, stop being a twat, grow up and say something constructive for once.

And in regards to lateral G's... The CLIO<-- CLIO (notice spelling everyone) is regarded as one of the worlds best handlers.. and most likely the worlds best fwd handler (probably on par, if not better than the type R integra)
SO in teki saying that the Clio pulled 0.90 G's and the fiesta (much cheaper to buy and to insure) pulls a very respectable 0.84G's i think every fiesta owner should be happy... Happy that their little sub 20grand hatch can compete, somewhat with the worlds best fwd.

So everyone, Stop being twats please. Get along with everyone else and as the saying goes....if you dont have something nice to say, please ИИИИ off
Teki.. Your a good mate, and i think 90% of us enjoy having you on the forum, dont let a small percentage of these ''members'' push you out of the forum.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 06-04-2006, 12:32 PM   #68
crispymk2

Soooooo... yeah... twin exhaust'n'$h!+...
Old 06-04-2006, 06:17 PM   #69
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
See - this is what I meant. The REASON why I spoke about Gs - Was due to people not understanding how the Fiesta could be compared to "hot hatches".
off topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
And in regards to lateral G's... The CLIO<-- CLIO (notice spelling everyone) is regarded as one of the worlds best handlers.. and most likely the worlds best fwd handler (probably on par, if not better than the type R integra)
SO in teki saying that the Clio pulled 0.90 G's and the fiesta (much cheaper to buy and to insure) pulls a very respectable 0.84G's i think every fiesta owner should be happy... Happy that their little sub 20grand hatch can compete, somewhat with the worlds best fwd.
off topic
Old 06-04-2006, 08:16 PM   #70
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
I will continue to surf the forum - However I think I might keep my posting to the Focus section with the more "mature" owners.
Don't let ONE member in particular sway your judgement on the rest of us Steve... It looks as if the tribe has spoken there, and his last post proves his maturity..... Why admin has not picked up on this member I don't know....
Old 06-04-2006, 08:44 PM   #71
b2tf
not here much anymore

I think enough has been said here. Every member is free to browse this forum, and shouldnt feel threatened or targeted by other members. We all just need to use a bit of common sense and maturity when posting.

Let's put this one to bed and get on with the subject at hand - rear bumpers and custom exhausts.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:56 PM   #72
Al...

[QUOTE=Teki04]Guys,

Firstly - this thread was in regards to a Muffler, right? I pointed out the obvious that the dual exhaust wouldn't fit, and that the picture posted wouldn't really provide any gains. As for the 'fake' tip - That just screams loser. I'm sorry, but who are you trying to pretend to be? The tip would be clean, not blow any smoke, and hence not go slightly black.

I'm sure you've read the forum rules and policies - No Personal Comments

I do apologise to you for posting a pic...........but posting a pic, does that make me a loser?
Al... is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 10:21 PM   #73
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Moving right along...........

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 02:09 AM   #74
Danny
GT4.

Agreed. Al, nothing was directed at you mate ;)
Old 07-04-2006, 10:39 AM   #75
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Josh, Correct me if im wrong mate, but your one of the main offenders here.
So dont start dishing out that rubbish of being off topic. We are replying to your bs which YOU started.

So mate to be honest i wish that YOU would bugger right off.
You seem to cause more hassle than good.. You angry angry little man...

Loads of fun :
Old 10-04-2006, 09:34 AM   #76
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
Josh, Correct me if im wrong mate, but your one of the main offenders here.
So dont start dishing out that rubbish of being off topic. We are replying to your bs which YOU started.
cant believe i missed this one

Quote:
Agree with Josh - I think you need the space for the two rear pipes. Hence why my Renault has no spare tyre (or even the spare tyre well)... as that is where two nice exhausts now lie!
i believe this is where the BS started

i gave purposeful information, and then teki started on his clio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theostheone
teki... why dont you join a renault forum...
and apparently im not the only one who thinks he talks too much about it on a ford forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonr
I think teki wants to take over the fiesta forums and turn them into "lets make everyone jealous of my clio" forum..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Its funny in nearly everypost that teki does there is a reference to the clio. Ca someone say OBSESSED to the extreme??
Old 11-04-2006, 03:11 PM   #77
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Custom bumper and twin exhaust

Think of it this way,
All WE talk about are Fiestas.... its nice to have a little change from that.

Also consider if we were considering buying or had just bought a new car... say for example a Pug 206 180 GTI. We then joined the Pug forums. Tell me of one person who would not talk about their previous car, then go onto their old fiesta forum and share new experiences about the NEW car.

Cant blame teki for being excited about having a new car, one that he has wanted for a very long time. Just stop the negative BS and lets all get on like mates.

I know i would be one happy chappy if i got a 206 180 gti... you guys probably wouldnt hear the end of it either.....

Loads of fun :
Old 11-04-2006, 07:41 PM   #78
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
i gave purposeful information, and then teki started on his clio.
Josh - I gave purposeful information also... the rear dual pipe on each side will NOT WORK. I gave a classic example - the Renault had the same problem... easy solution was to remove the spare tyre. GET IT?!

I also mentioned that getting a fake wouldn't be worth it - as it wouldn't blow smoke when the engine is cold... and neither would it get dirty.

I think your just trying to make matters worse... considering your last post dug up old posts which had already been debated.

So guys - THE CUSTOM EXHAUST WILL NOT WORK UNLESS YOU MAKE SPACE FOR IT... ok?

And Josh - alot of those posts by "other members" were sarcastic... I know them, and they were just psyching me up, unlike you

Old 11-04-2006, 08:57 PM   #79
simonr
Focus Rookie

omg this is still goin..................
Old 12-04-2006, 10:45 AM   #80
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Josh - I gave purposeful information also... the rear dual pipe on each side will NOT WORK. I gave a classic example - the Renault had the same problem... easy solution was to remove the spare tyre. GET IT?!
ok so now that we're back on topic, i feel compelled to requote what i said prior

Quote:
im under the impression that theres not alot of space to work with on the left hand side of the car just behind the bumper.
and yet someone has done it

so i guess it does work.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:26 AM   #81
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Sorry Josh, aren't you also after performance gains? As mentioned before... No performance gains from that set up. You would probably LOSE power

Old 12-04-2006, 12:07 PM   #82
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Custom exhausts and bumpers

Quote:
Sorry Josh, aren't you also after performance gains? As mentioned before... No performance gains from that set up. You would probably LOSE power
Agreed

Loads of fun :
Old 12-04-2006, 04:05 PM   #83
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Yeah most likely you would, But Teki I dasgree with what you said before about them being just cosmetic, as there would be flow from the other pipe.

The muffler is a special type that sends exahust flow out through both pipes, not just the one (Kingpin has the same thing on his Focus). So you would see condensation coming from both pipes on a cold morning start.

From what I've heard though, it is not good for power gains.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:31 PM   #84
joshf2
striped

never said anything about performance gains. just said whether it could be done or not.

and frankly, whether it would lose power or not, well, i dont know, and hence i havent commented about it either.

i dont see why it would though, its not like there is that much increase in backpressure, or conversely, not that much loss in backpressure for loss of low down torque.
Old 13-04-2006, 10:51 AM   #85
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

adding another 2 meters to the exhaust length, and it being uneven= adversely affect performance

Loads of fun :
Old 13-04-2006, 06:15 PM   #86
kenneth_lks
Fiestata!!

I did my canon last week in Budget Exhaust..That owner is absolutely a nice person, because I was thinking to change the convertor and extractor together, but he advised that there is no point to modify because the car is still under new condition plus original stainless steel pipe. So, I just change the X-Force canon for AU$300..

p/s: It is very difficult to do curve of the canon because of the suspension..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rear14.JPG (58.8 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg Side14.JPG (69.7 KB, 63 views)
kenneth_lks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 06:22 PM   #87
joshf2
striped

woah. mudflaps. cool.
Old 13-04-2006, 09:45 PM   #88
0xyg3n

I'm thinking of doing an exhaust similar to the SLR :P
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 01:47 AM   #89
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice, do you often drive around star city? I think ive seen you a few times at work.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post