Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 25-11-2010, 12:00 AM   #31
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

change phone number.. dont answer any knocks on the door.. easy....
Old 25-11-2010, 12:08 AM   #32
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

maybe i have missed something here ..... have they actually said that you need to pay more money? maybe they just need to fix the paper work to tidy up the details so everything balances out..
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
Old 25-11-2010, 12:28 AM   #33
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave351cid
maybe they just need to fix the paper work to tidy up the details so everything balances out..
guilt trips work better in person than on the phone.
Old 25-11-2010, 12:51 AM   #34
dogfish

Obviously the Car is in your name already.
So if your going back in and they want you too resign for a larger sum (Mad If you Do) I would ask "Does this affect the stamp duty you paid to the Government" as I guarantee they won't phone up the local registry office and say oops we are supposed to pay you an extra $???.?? amount due to an error on our behalf as that final figure is what goes to the Government I think.
And as stated before they're being deceptive and how many eyes read the contract before hand.My personal Response when I Got back in there and re read the paper work would be "How Much Extra Ya Joking Aren't Ya", "Are your Eyes Painted on or what how many people read this", "If you think I'm signing that you can Bight My CRANK and Suffer in your Jocks Ya Flaming Mongrel."

THE TOY:2003 CV8R Monaro 6Spd Manual.
Old 25-11-2010, 01:23 AM   #35
Maggot
Half an aussie garage!!

Cooing off periods are for 2nd hand cars, not new ones, and that's your cooling off anyway, not theirs.

I would insist they write up the descrepancies on the contract correctly instead of making up the difference in other fees/insurances etc.. that way you may be able to negotiate a cash settlement of some sort.

How did you get a loan without a contract of sale/tradein??
Old 25-11-2010, 01:38 AM   #36
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

i know a bloke who bought a xr6t ute in 05 with luxury pack for $28000.
needless to say he put the whole amount then and there on his credit cards.
the dealer realised he made a typo the next day but it was to late.
this bloke was also baned from the dealer but who cares when you saved 10g.

so i say stuff the dealer as im sure they would not give you a refund if you wanted it.
Old 25-11-2010, 02:32 AM   #37
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I’m not sure how you could have bought a car without a contract?
At some point you have contracted to buy car, for price X. If the money you have paid (deposit + trade + finance) is less than the contracted amount, then you owe them money, and they can enforce the contract to retrieve the balance. If they wanted to be ******* about it, they could just demand that you pay the balance in cash.
You need to get a copy of the contract, work out exactly what you may or may not owe, and take it from there.
That said, I would be getting them to come to you.
Old 25-11-2010, 09:11 AM   #38
XlR8TED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz
I’m not sure how you could have bought a car without a contract?
At some point you have contracted to buy car, for price X. If the money you have paid (deposit + trade + finance) is less than the contracted amount, then you owe them money, and they can enforce the contract to retrieve the balance. If they wanted to be ******* about it, they could just demand that you pay the balance in cash.
You need to get a copy of the contract, work out exactly what you may or may not owe, and take it from there.
That said, I would be getting them to come to you.
Like I said, there is one, I just don't have a copy of it. All the excitement getting into your new wheels, it's easy to miss something like that.

Your post is what I'm thinking though. We'll see how it pans out.
Old 25-11-2010, 09:44 AM   #39
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you stated in an earlier post you would see if they were going to be truthful
,yet after they proved they were not truthful you have decided to go back in to be bent over the table.
im confused.
but if you like being treated like a fool thats your Karma for life,
Im sorry if i sound a bit Harsh ,but really mate stand up for yourself
Old 25-11-2010, 10:13 AM   #40
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Wow, I can't believe some of the dross I'm reading.
Some of you actually advocate trying to rip off the dealer?

I suppose none of you sanctioning such actions have ever made a mistake, have never missed a sum or never made such an error that your job could be on the line have you? As presented, the facts are the dealer made quite a big mistake. The person who made this mistake is probably quite concerned for their job security, has come across fordforums.com.au where supposed Ford supporters call them “Fraud Stealers” and compounded matters by cooking up some scenario to get the OP back in to rectify it. That’s their mistake, but then again they’ve probably made this mistake before and had some low troglodyte “stick it to them”; you know the type of person who gets too much change at the shop from a little old lady and keeps it. These people are exactly what’s wrong with society these days; a total lack of empathy.
Have a look at a couple of recent issues in the pub, one guys car damaged, another reversed into – all because of a lack of empathy. It’s prevalent in society and it’s just getting worse, like a cancer.

I’m not too big to admit I’ve made plenty of mistakes and thankfully people have been graceful about it, not punitive. If you want to live in a punitive, pugilist society then go ahead, act like a barbarian now. Teach your children the morals that only apply to others and not yourself; that cheating is OK as long as you benefit at the behest of others. Then come here to fordforums.com.au to whinge and moan about how wrong society is. Don’t blame GenY, they’re just following on from the examples that WE set.

To the OP, in all contracts there is a cooling off period and both parties are able to rescind the contract for whatever reason before an arbitrator. If an honest mistake has been made on the written agreement which contradicts the initial verbal agreement, then the dealer has the right to present his claim before an arbiter for the purpose of remedy. This sounds like a good avenue for negotiation but in my experience, after all the expense of representation (you’d want some representation) as well as all the inconvenience, you’ll end up out of pocket and will have made several enemies within the dealership and beyond. Pay the difference, be nice about it and be proud of the fact that you have done your bit to be honest and fair – by all accounts it seems to be a dying commodity.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 25-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #41
Struggo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Wow, I can't believe some of the dross I'm reading.
Some of you actually advocate trying to rip off the dealer?

I suppose none of you sanctioning such actions have ever made a mistake, have never missed a sum or never made such an error that your job could be on the line have you? As presented, the facts are the dealer made quite a big mistake. The person who made this mistake is probably quite concerned for their job security, has come across fordforums.com.au where supposed Ford supporters call them “Fraud Stealers” and compounded matters by cooking up some scenario to get the OP back in to rectify it. That’s their mistake, but then again they’ve probably made this mistake before and had some low troglodyte “stick it to them”; you know the type of person who gets too much change at the shop from a little old lady and keeps it. These people are exactly what’s wrong with society these days; a total lack of empathy.
Have a look at a couple of recent issues in the pub, one guys car damaged, another reversed into – all because of a lack of empathy. It’s prevalent in society and it’s just getting worse, like a cancer.

I’m not too big to admit I’ve made plenty of mistakes and thankfully people have been graceful about it, not punitive. If you want to live in a punitive, pugilist society then go ahead, act like a barbarian now. Teach your children the morals that only apply to others and not yourself; that cheating is OK as long as you benefit at the behest of others. Then come here to fordforums.com.au to whinge and moan about how wrong society is. Don’t blame GenY, they’re just following on from the examples that WE set.

To the OP, in all contracts there is a cooling off period and both parties are able to rescind the contract for whatever reason before an arbitrator. If an honest mistake has been made on the written agreement which contradicts the initial verbal agreement, then the dealer has the right to present his claim before an arbiter for the purpose of remedy. This sounds like a good avenue for negotiation but in my experience, after all the expense of representation (you’d want some representation) as well as all the inconvenience, you’ll end up out of pocket and will have made several enemies within the dealership and beyond. Pay the difference, be nice about it and be proud of the fact that you have done your bit to be honest and fair – by all accounts it seems to be a dying commodity.
Could not agree more, best post I have read on this forum.

When in sales, honesty is always the best approach from both the seller & buyer.

Side note: we recently had an issue with pricing in our system at work, where we had overcharged one of my customers $13k over a four month period.

Whilst the customer was not aware, I had two choices,

1/ Play dumb and grab the cash, thus improving my budget.

or

2/ Cement the relationship for the future by arranging a credit and passing on price reduction for the inconvenience.

I choose the latter.
Old 25-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #42
nstg8a

if you try and shaft the dealer now, what do you think will happen at service time...
Old 25-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #43
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

I don't think its fair to rip off anyone.... be it a dealer, a customer, or anyone full stop...

If they have made an honest mistake, then perhaps you could go back and discuss the options around making the extra payment...

BUT - on the flip side - if it was the other way - and you had have paid them an extra $2-3k... i'll bet the response from the dealer would be very different...
(Dealer principal writing a cheque to a buyer for $3k? Wow - check out that flying pig...)

Unfortunately I think its one of those things where everyone is going to have an opinion - and ultimately you are the one that has to deal with the decision...

I've made moral decisions before where I could have 'taken advantage' of situation - to the tune of thousands of dollars... and i've done the right thing - and been comfortable with my decision...

yeah I could have done with the extra cash... but money comes and goes...
your conscience is gonna be your guide... and thats not going to go away...

Tough call...
Old 25-11-2010, 10:33 AM   #44
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
These people are exactly what’s wrong with society these days;
What's wrong with society is the people that stuff up, but wont take responsibility.

Why hasnt the dealer been open about what's gone wrong? Why shouldnt you expect to be treated with contempt if that is the way you treat people?
Old 25-11-2010, 10:36 AM   #45
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
What's wrong with society is the people that stuff up, but wont take responsibility.

Why hasnt the dealer been open about what's gone wrong? Why shouldnt you expect to be treated with contempt if that is the way you treat people?

Like I said before:

Quote:
The person who made this mistake is probably quite concerned for their job security, has come across fordforums.com.au where supposed Ford supporters call them “Fraud Stealers” and compounded matters by cooking up some scenario to get the OP back in to rectify it. That’s there mistake, but then again they’ve probably made this mistake before and had some low troglodyte “stick it to them”.

Quote: