Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 24-10-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
GTP287
BOSS 340

Default XR5 head unit into Zetec??

Hey guys,
I've got the option to get my hands onto an LS XR5 head unit to replace the standard one in my wife's LS Zetec. Does anyone know of any compatibility issues between the 2 or should it be just a plug in job?
any info from someone who's done this would be great.
thanks...

Custom tuned by Dyno-Mite Performance.... 278.8 rwkw
GTP287 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
ConradP

Default Re: XR5 head unit into Zetec??

Is that the sony one? I'd assume it's all plug and play, but you don't get the better speakers so not too sure how much of a difference it would make.
Old 25-10-2011, 04:05 PM   #3
imaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I believe the harness is different to those made by the SA's.

The XR5 have a big square harness - It is really not a bigger to hardwire it yourself.

Imaz

2009 FG Falcon XR6 Sedan, Octane.
2012 WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, Mineral Grey.
imaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2011, 05:19 PM   #4
GTP287
BOSS 340

thanks guys.
what i was really after with this head unit was the 6 stacker cd player (and the improved look of the sony unit), as long as the functionalty won't be lost from the controls behind the steering wheel!
Custom tuned by Dyno-Mite Performance.... 278.8 rwkw
GTP287 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post