Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-12-2020, 06:09 PM   #421
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Default Re: Ambitious China

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
How did those job losses go in Geelong, or is that the Chinese's fault as well?

We both know there is more to it than one factor
wow strawman
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2020, 06:15 PM   #422
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Ahh, who could forget the British invasion of Kazakhstan. Royal Navy wiped out the Caspian sea fleet in 2 days.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2020, 07:14 PM   #423
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post

Thank god Ford isn't Chinese.
Ford in China

Mr_G6ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2020, 08:36 PM   #424
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
How did those job losses go in Geelong, or is that the Chinese's fault as well?

We both know there is more to it than one factor
Barely made a dent. Product Development has become so much bigger than local production was over it's last decade. And many like me had moved into PD by that point.

And no the chinese had nothing to do with it. Back 10 years ago the chinese auto makers were barely even here yet. The public buying SUV's and dual cabs over large sedans was the reason. Buying tastes had moved on.

But you knew that, and your attempt at making some kind of statement failed miserably.

But there would be many, many people in various industries whose employers got ran out of business by CCP backed Chinese companies, who happily dumped chinese products on our markets under cost, due to the chinese government funding them to do so. Which is so ironic considering the Chinese slapped huge tariffs on our wine with the bizzare excuse that we dump it there under cost. They are really taking the **** and laughing at us by using that as an excuse. They simply do not gaf.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2020, 08:38 PM   #425
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Invaded and conquered and bettered the inhabitant's lives...
snowflakes welcome our new chinesey overlords
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2020, 08:46 PM   #426
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As far as I'm concerned we need to figure out WTF we are actually doing here. Because at the moment we are playing dead.

Either fix the relations which by all accounts the CCP doesn't seem particularly interested in doing unless we bend over and take it in the **** or we start taking our own measures.

I really hope there is a lot going on behind the scenes because so far it appears to me **** all is going on other than trading blows in the media.

It seems that the ChAFTA isn't worth the paper it is written on. While we have lodged a lot of dumping claims but that makes more sense than the opposite and as long as they go through the WTO, what is the issue?

CCP by all accounts is slapping **** on us for purely political reasons rather than genuine concerns and they have not gone through the WTO.

Last edited by MITCHAY; 11-12-2020 at 08:56 PM.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2020, 09:13 PM   #427
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
As far as I'm concerned we need to figure out WTF we are actually doing here. Because at the moment we are playing dead.

Either fix the relations which by all accounts the CCP doesn't seem particularly interested in doing unless we bend over and take it in the **** or we start taking our own measures.

I really hope there is a lot going on behind the scenes because so far it appears to me **** all is going on other than trading blows in the media.

It seems that the ChAFTA isn't worth the paper it is written on. While we have lodged a lot of dumping claims but that makes more sense than the opposite and as long as they go through the WTO, what is the issue?

CCP by all accounts is slapping **** on us for purely political reasons rather than genuine concerns and they have not gone through the WTO.
Yep they even admitted it was because of the 14 points of contention they have with us that they are doing it. They are just so brazen atm. The WTO has probably been bought out by them anyway, so they won't do ****.

Under WTO rules they are still considered being a developing nation, despite being the worlds second largest economy, and they get trade exemptions because of it. What a joke.
5 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2020, 09:59 PM   #428
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Under WTO rules they are still considered being a developing nation, despite being the worlds second largest economy, and they get trade exemptions because of it. What a joke.
Good call, I wonder what the trigger is that puts them 'in their place' with regard to those exemptions.
They do have a lot of the population in the low end but dont we also ?!
This user likes this post:
Old 11-12-2020, 10:17 PM   #429
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
Good call, I wonder what the trigger is that puts them 'in their place' with regard to those exemptions.
They do have a lot of the population in the low end but dont we also ?!
What put China in their place? WTO is like the UN ****en useless in their dealings and China knows it, reason why China is so smug these days.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2020, 10:26 PM   #430
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post

China knows it has got us by the balls atm and our Government knows it too, it is going to take a long time and diplomacy to get an amicable solution to this dilemma.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2020, 03:43 AM   #431
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

200 kms away... (a mere stones throw!)
They won’t stop until.... Well, until someone stops them (which I don’t like our chances?)
https://amp.abc.net.au/article/12974846
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2020, 04:07 AM   #432
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

An audacious move! I remain unimpressed by the neighbouring country who agreed to this; their high points since 1975 have not been especially notable.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2020, 08:20 AM   #433
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
200 kms away... (a mere stones throw!)
They won’t stop until.... Well, until someone stops them (which I don’t like our chances?)
https://amp.abc.net.au/article/12974846
Come on man.... your being paranoid to some on here, just look at where they have spread there tentacles into small South Pacific Islands, splash a bit of cash maybe a plane, free buildings roads and wharfs not to mention loans that these small island nations will have little chance of repaying , its classic loan sharking. Gangs in NZ have this business model down pat they get you owe then they take, every thing. Tonga is a prime example. It's also developing countries worldwide not just the Pacific Islands, it's been going on for a while.https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr9...lku_c0xZHs9Eo-

Last edited by five 7; 13-12-2020 at 08:29 AM.
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2020, 02:50 PM   #434
Bossxr8
Peter Car

They are a parasite. Take everything they can get their grubby hands on.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2020, 03:17 PM   #435
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Take everything they can get their grubby hands on.
so do certain western religious groups and western gov'ments
even i do if i think i can and im 100% aussie b&b

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2020, 03:48 PM   #436
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
so do certain western religious groups and western gov'ments
even i do if i think i can and im 100% aussie b&b
What is in the best interests of Australia ?

We’re not a Chinese Monopoly.

We’re a multicultural Society, we have our multi cultural ties, and our 5 eye allies, but we’re also not a Chinese slave state.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2020, 04:17 PM   #437
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post

We’re a multicultural Society, we have our multi cultural ties, and our 5 eye allies, but we’re also not a Chinese slave state.
agree
but we also have a heap of muslim (dubai) owned ports and other investment in australia and i heard similar rhetoric when they were buying up yet im not muslim yet
i also know of expansion in , well at least western australia , from the plymouth brethren in land and business since at least the mid 80's by id say 10 fold at least and ive not been turned in to one of them either
funny thing that currencies from around the world are being spent in acquisition of assets in other countrys on a daily basis

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 13-12-2020, 05:10 PM   #438
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
agree
but we also have a heap of muslim (dubai) owned ports and other investment in australia and i heard similar rhetoric when they were buying up yet im not muslim yet
i also know of expansion in , well at least western australia , from the plymouth brethren in land and business since at least the mid 80's by id say 10 fold at least and ive not been turned in to one of them either
funny thing that currencies from around the world are being spent in acquisition of assets in other countrys on a daily basis
I’m not aligned with the Muslim your thoughts mate (for now).

But I do know the Chinese are a threat unless they are an ally ( which they’re not ATM).
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2020, 06:37 PM   #439
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post

There is no such thing as multiculturalism. Either a country is made up of a single people, under a single flag and a single tongue, or it is an unstable mess of different ethnicities establishing their own mini-nations on our own territory.

From https://xyz.net.au/2020/12/daniel-an...australia-day/
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2020, 07:34 PM   #440
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
There is no such thing as multiculturalism. Either a country is made up of a single people, under a single flag and a single tongue, or it is an unstable mess of different ethnicities establishing their own mini-nations on our own territory.

Not where I live, you need to get out more mate.
I have lived in my dead end street of 14 houses for 20 years. In that time I have befriended an ever changing array of neighbours. Italians, Greeks, Malaysians, Indians, Timorese, Japanese, Filipino, Chinese, Bangladeshi, Syrians, Vietnamese and white trash Australians. Everyone gets on really well!

Multiculturalism is alive and well and makes this country the greatest place to live. If you can not see that and embrace it I am genuinely sorry for you....
Old 13-12-2020, 08:16 PM   #441
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

Plenty of languages spoken here in Oz, Australian flag, Aboriginal flag, Eureka flag and many other that are flown at times, plenty of ethnicities that co-exist in Australia = multiculturalism.
I don't know what rock you have been hiding under to think otherwise.
5 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2020, 07:53 AM   #442
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:

Gosh, I was going to reply to a few of the previous post but it seems it doesnt matter if its Trump (RIP), CV19 or China some people will never look at a situation from another's perspective.

The insecurities blind some to the point were they seem to ignore our history and gloss over any western policies that mirror the progression of other countries.

There is a pretty clear trend with those who have an axe to grind, no issue in life is every binary but the way some believe there is us and then everyone else is frightening.

Just because you work with others, can see another point of view other than your own backyard doesnt mean you are suddenly submissive nor want to sell out your country.

Multiculturalism is evil...China is evil....all politicians are corrupt, Trump is a suitable politician, everything is rigged, there some magical line where you stand depending on your political view etc etc...are we making some pointed hats our of the left over face masks?

You wonder why some sites have a ban on anything political.

Just keep in mind that you reap what you sow, in that any unfortunate trade deals we face are our own doing...but lets ignore that, there is a buck to make.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2020, 08:55 AM   #443
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Any further posts that are off-topic will be deleted and warnings handed out. Some of you are just not taking any notice of the mod(s).

If you don't want this thread to be closed, please don't react to the trolls on here. I know that is not easy but please try.

superyob, you are very close to having a holiday from AFF. Think very carefully if you want to reply and/or refer to this post (and that includes in other threads), I have run out of patience with you.

Last edited by PG2; 14-12-2020 at 09:15 AM.
PG2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2020, 05:25 PM   #444
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

The thread was intended to discuss China's ambition; development and technology (however they get it) etc. even the relevance of the South China Sea. Their audacity to ignore international law !

I can understand the relevance of comments on how they are getting there eg. communism etc. but we may have forgotten about the China Australian politics thread on AFF.
A majority of posts miss the topic IMO

I understand they can/do exaggerate some things but I would suggest holding your hands over your eyes and ears isn't the best approach because when you open them, things will have advanced.

Last edited by Mr_G6ET; 14-12-2020 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Good call PG2
Old 15-12-2020, 07:33 AM   #445
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Well a potential bullet close to home for me, it might be all talk just at the minute but coal in the sights, thats going to be a bigger blow than most people realize.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2020, 09:31 AM   #446
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

see to me , i dont think this will ctipple us , hurt us yes but not cripple
and i still dont understand why we keep trying to keep this one marker
or why these boats of coal have been sitting there for so long , would have thought finding another market for whats sitting and freeing up the ships may not have made as much proffit , but nor the losses incured by now
surely our stuff is just as marketable further around the world
or is there major reasons why we cant flow more with the markets
im also unsure as to what they are trying to achieve by hurting us other than their tit for tat bullying

Old 15-12-2020, 11:13 AM   #447
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It’s time to say all our products or no Iron Ore
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2020, 02:56 PM   #448
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
It’s time to say all our products or no Iron Ore
Interesting you say that since our iron exports prices has just risen by 10%, this will hurt the Chinese parasites and put a dent in their smug attitude.
Karma!
Old 15-12-2020, 03:01 PM   #449
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
see to me , i dont think this will ctipple us , hurt us yes but not cripple
and i still dont understand why we keep trying to keep this one marker
or why these boats of coal have been sitting there for so long , would have thought finding another market for whats sitting and freeing up the ships may not have made as much proffit , but nor the losses incured by now
surely our stuff is just as marketable further around the world
or is there major reasons why we cant flow more with the markets
im also unsure as to what they are trying to achieve by hurting us other than their tit for tat bullying
China's aim is to make us and other nations submissive to them, in simple terms they want to influence and control us.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2020, 03:07 PM   #450
Bossxr8
Peter Car

It will be damaging in the short term, but in the long term we are better off not being beholden to these parasites. Let someone else be their bitches.