Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 30-03-2006, 05:46 PM   #1
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ute
That AU was pretty impressive, he was certainly getting off the line well.

Leigh, that green beast of yours is awesome...an absolute sleeper. Considering the street trim those times are very impressive.

Any chance you can post up a full timeslip?
Which one mate, i cant scan them but i'll write a few up if you want just tell me what one's.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 02:06 PM   #2
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYV8
I mentioned the forums to him and he didn't seem to know about them so I guess not.

He had a BA XR8 sedan auto. All usual bolt-ons, tuned by Intune Performance to the tune of 250 rwkw???? His best was 14.0 on street tyres. (Mostly 14.1 to 14.2)

There was also a blue GT-P all usual bolt-ons, tuned by Intune, best of 13.78 I think.

Also a AU XR8 doing 13.7's. The bloke was tuning it in the staging lanes via a laptop, but I didn't get time to talk to him.

Great job last nite Leigh. When you get a handle on all that power, you are going to be very quick indeed. (Even on the racetrack) LoL.
haha I usually run around the pits talking to alot of the ford blokes and mention the forums and tell them the URL.. :voldar02:

im hanging to see leighs car driven to its full potential and he takes his skirt off lol jk, its a very quick car indeed, next time your down there leigh let us know and we will come for some support lol.. plus I want a better look at your car..
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 04:41 PM   #3
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Last night was a great effort Leigh runing on them butter dunlops and the power you have, didnt look easy at all trying to get the right combination launching with the extreme clutch and having to feather the throttle in first, good fun the manuals hey.
If you can pull off another 2.15 60ft like you did on one run and get the rest of the run right you should do a 12 no worries on street tyres.
Looking forward to seeing that thing with sticky tyres and stronger c/v's should achieve some impressive numbers, and then the monster tune well say no more.
That last run you must have felt a bit slow next to that Pac performance RX2 wepon, was trying to listen how much wheel spin you had but the RX was so god dam loud.

I say it again you did well leigh good driving.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 05:44 PM   #4
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowride260
Last night was a great effort Leigh runing on them butter dunlops and the power you have, didnt look easy at all trying to get the right combination launching with the extreme clutch and having to feather the throttle in first, good fun the manuals hey.
If you can pull off another 2.15 60ft like you did on one run and get the rest of the run right you should do a 12 no worries on street tyres.
Looking forward to seeing that thing with sticky tyres and stronger c/v's should achieve some impressive numbers, and then the monster tune well say no more.
That last run you must have felt a bit slow next to that Pac performance RX2 wepon, was trying to listen how much wheel spin you had but the RX was so god dam loud.

I say it again you did well leigh good driving.
Thanks mate. Yea i thought i stalled my car after the burnout when that thing pulled up next to me, sounded like a lawnmower on crack :. I'll have another crack on street rubber to try and get a 12 then get something with alittle bit more grip.
Old 30-03-2006, 05:48 PM   #5
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
haha I usually run around the pits talking to alot of the ford blokes and mention the forums and tell them the URL.. :voldar02:

im hanging to see leighs car driven to its full potential and he takes his skirt off lol jk, its a very quick car indeed, next time your down there leigh let us know and we will come for some support lol.. plus I want a better look at your car..
Hahaha no problem mate i'll post up next time i head out.
Old 30-03-2006, 08:13 PM   #6
Mr_GT

I saw your car run last night man
I like the sleeper look, stock rims looks good.
I been watching this thread and knew your car , nd realised wat that blower was doin to ya in first gear.
the thing just blasted down once u got into 2nd though, well done mate.
Mr_GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 12:00 AM   #7
hot460

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Hahaha no problem mate i'll post up next time i head out.
Looks like you had a ball mate. : Great work dude,
Hope you will be out there next week for another go. maybe see you there. :Up_to_som
Old 30-03-2006, 05:41 PM   #8
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYV8
I mentioned the forums to him and he didn't seem to know about them so I guess not.

He had a BA XR8 sedan auto. All usual bolt-ons, tuned by Intune Performance to the tune of 250 rwkw???? His best was 14.0 on street tyres. (Mostly 14.1 to 14.2)

There was also a blue GT-P all usual bolt-ons, tuned by Intune, best of 13.78 I think.

Also a AU XR8 doing 13.7's. The bloke was tuning it in the staging lanes via a laptop, but I didn't get time to talk to him.

Great job last nite Leigh. When you get a handle on all that power, you are going to be very quick indeed. (Even on the racetrack) LoL.
She felt a bit off on the way home, those short bursts weren't an invitation to race although you though it did lol.
Old 31-03-2006, 10:41 PM   #9
XRQTOR
Banned

Onr more run on street rubber then i'll be hunting for some slicks.
Old 31-03-2006, 11:01 PM   #10
RATT

Great times Leigh! Dare I say with the grunt your car has it should do mid-12's at least once the slicks are on.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 03:52 AM   #11
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
Great times Leigh! Dare I say with the grunt your car has it should do mid-12's at least once the slicks are on.
That was on the baby tune, even the big tune hasn't really pushed it hard. There's plenty left in this thing yet, getting the power to the ground is the aim.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:52 PM   #12
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Thats fantastic Leigh :, very impressive

Are you using a ripshifter by any chance?
XRCIST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 04:54 PM   #13
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCIST
Thats fantastic Leigh :, very impressive

Are you using a ripshifter by any chance?
Yea i have one in but it's come lose. The two nuts holding the handle in are tight as but it still wiggles back and fourth about half an inch. Anyone know how to fix this.