Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 05-01-2010, 10:58 PM   #1
magnum80
Starter Motor

Default Bizarre windows

Had a bit of a problem with my WS Zetec lately, when I try and put the drivers side window up it reaches the top then drops down to about 3/4 open and keeps doing this. however if I put it all the way down and put it back up again it closes but wont go up automatically, have to hold the switch.
Anyone else had this problem or know whats causing it? Have my 15000km service up in a few weeks so will get them to look at it if it doesnt right itself

magnum80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2010, 11:38 PM   #2
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember reading this on the Euro Ford sites. They took it to Ford, within half an hour it was fixed. It's an electrical issue IIRC. I'll have a look on the Euro site, but if you take it to Ford they should fix it for you. A few people in Europe have had this issue. Just out of interest, when did you pick up your car mate?
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2010, 11:49 PM   #3
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

My drivers side window seems to struggle the last 1/4 to go, anyone else have that issue?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2010, 11:52 PM   #4
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mine have been perfect so far. 5000km on the clock...

only used the rears 4 times... but the fronts have worked perfectly...
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2010, 02:04 AM   #5
magnum80
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
I remember reading this on the Euro Ford sites. They took it to Ford, within half an hour it was fixed. It's an electrical issue IIRC. I'll have a look on the Euro site, but if you take it to Ford they should fix it for you. A few people in Europe have had this issue. Just out of interest, when did you pick up your car mate?

picked it up in May was ex-demo with 5k on the clock, needed a car asap and couldnt wait the 3 months till new stock arrived, has been flawless up until recently with this problem, although tonight they were working fine, so might just be a loose wire somewhere, taking it in to get serviced soon so will get them to look at it and hopefully do something about the coughing mouse behind the air vents (ie the aircon)
magnum80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2010, 07:00 PM   #6
JClarke
Deaf Driver

My driver's side is fine but only the passenger side is slightly slower, is this an issue that can be resolved?
Old 10-01-2010, 12:17 AM   #7
thndr
Starter Motor

yeah we had a problem with our zetecs windows too, both rear windows were very sluggish to come back up after being put down and were even turning abit with the effort. told our dealer at the 3000k check and it was fixed, seems the rubbers are very tight and all that was required was some lube. however it has started doing it again recently and it even goes so far as trying to pull the rubber up with the window now, so at our 15000k service in the next couple of weeks it will be one of the things i will be raising.

while on the subject of rubbers, has anyone noticed the rubbers around the windscreen seem very loose? ours just dosent seem right and the plastic above the wipers is actually abit bubbled as well. something else to mention at service time. :evil3:
thndr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post