Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 14-12-2007, 08:42 PM   #1
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Default Melbzetec learns to drive

A big birthday in January, so I've bought myself a present!

Will be doing a two day Race and Rally driver's course at Oran Park in Jan. Followed by a one day Formula Ford course.

First two days in the Focus, third day in a Zetec powered Formula Ford.

All through Peter Finlay's Driving School.

So I'll be in Sydney last week in January. Hopefully I may get a chance to catch up with a couple of guys.(Unless I write myself off on the first day!!)

Also means I don't get back to Melbourne until the Friday before Small Ford Sunday....so could be a dirty car this year!

I'll confirm dates after Christmas, but it would be great to catch up with a few Euroford guys

Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2007, 12:27 PM   #2
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lucky you Steve. Make sure you have a good time and take lots of pictures mate.

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2007, 02:31 PM   #3
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Steve, We'll have to make a point of catching up, for sure and discuss what's happening with the Small Ford Sunday!

Can we come at watch you right off the cars?

Keep us posted.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2007, 07:30 PM   #4
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
Can we come at watch you right off the cars?

Thanks for the vote of confidence Eddie!!!!LOL
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2007, 11:03 AM   #5
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Good to hear Steve. Means Ill be able to catch up with you in the Focus LOL.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2007, 11:25 AM   #6
mickas
Starter Motor

Have you checked out the Ford Racing head....The design of the Black top head is better after you port it out, alot better than the Ford Racing head.... Plus you might find the Ford Racing head is for a Silver top and not the Black top fitted to you car.... I just had my black top head done ... he got 250hp out of it.... and you will only gain about 5 hp if you fit bigger valves as the black top head has bigger ones fitted already....
mickas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2007, 11:40 AM   #7
mickas
Starter Motor

and the head gaskets are different..
mickas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2007, 06:23 PM   #8
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

No Worries! Seriously though, you'll have a great time especially if they use the full Circuit i.e. the part of the Circuit that includes the Bridge. When I've ridden in all the race cars that I've been in this is the most fun part of the circuit.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Old 27-12-2007, 10:07 PM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

60 aready mate... crikey I never saw that coming

When you're up mate, swing by my place to say hi.

I may even reserve a place in the Zetec if there's room... down to Melbourne for the weekend. This might be just the way to get to SFS. That possible mate?

I'll call you.
Old 28-12-2007, 02:22 PM   #10
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Fancy riding "shotgun" with me to Melbourne, Matt??

Old 28-12-2007, 02:55 PM   #11
photn
AFF Post NAZI

If Steve is going down the friday b4 SFS, that will be the same day that i will be going down as well. so matt has a choice of 3 cars i suppose. Not to mention we could do a Convoy lol .

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2007, 07:38 PM   #12
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I'm sure we'll work something out but travelling in a group sounds the go.

Old 29-12-2007, 08:43 PM   #13
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Hmm I might try all 3 cars! Will let you all know closer to the date. Thanks in advance!
Old 27-01-2008, 04:45 PM   #14
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

So Steve, what day are you arriving in Sydney? Any chance of a meet-and-greet??