Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-08-2007, 09:55 PM   #1
Mikal52
WINDSOR

Default Lowering XLS ute

Hey guys.
Im trying to get a bit of info on lowering my ute. I am planning on getting ultra low king spring for the front and lowering blocks in the rear until i can get to perth to get my leafs reset.
Ive heard that to put lowering blocks in i need big wheels on first or they wont fit... Is this true???
And how hard will it be to fit the ultra low springs myself or should i just get it done professionally?

Cheers for your help
Michael

Mikal52 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 10:05 PM   #2
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Ive been told and heard many stories that lowering blocks dont fit at all in the utes

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 10:59 PM   #3
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz
Ive been told and heard many stories that lowering blocks dont fit at all in the utes
It all depends on which way the springs go on the axle. When i was looking to do that, mine was on the wrong side. So i went with new king leaf springs, which worked out to cost almost the same as resetting the old springs.
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2007, 10:31 AM   #4
Mikal52
WINDSOR

Any idea which way the springs need to be going? So i can have a look see if mine will be alright for some blocks temporarily?

Cheers
Michael
Old 21-08-2007, 08:45 PM   #5
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

If the springs go over the axle putting blocks between them will raise the height. If the springs go under the axle and you put the blocks in between them, it will lower it.

Hope this helps
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2007, 10:36 PM   #6
Mikal52
WINDSOR

Sorry maybe I'm being really dumb, but you mean where the spring connects at the bottom yeh? I just had a look and the springs go over the leafs but connect underneath the axle. So blocks should lower it???

Sorry for the obvious questions

Cheers
Michael
Old 22-08-2007, 12:50 AM   #7
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

The leafs are the springs - perhaps you are talking about the shocks?

With 18 x 8" rims, you can use up to a 38mm lowering block (have fitted them to my wagon - same setup as a ute). If you have 9" wide rear rims, you can only go to around 25mm lowering block (had these on ZHodak's ute).

If you have 17 x 8s, you should also be able to use a 38mm lowering block. Check www.whiteline.com.au for fitting guide/part numbers etc.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2007, 12:54 AM   #8
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Ultra Lows in you're Front?? ... it's you're decision, but i just got super lows in my fairmont, and i'm having problems with scraping the front bar as it is, and something is making a really bad grinding noise when i turn my wheels sharply ...

but ultra lows would look tuff!! ;)
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2007, 07:06 AM   #9
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Yeah Ive just put my XL ute to superlow height in the front and it looks heaps good, you might have more pain than pleasure with ultra lows, but maybe not

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2007, 09:59 AM   #10
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
The leafs are the springs - perhaps you are talking about the shocks?

With 18 x 8" rims, you can use up to a 38mm lowering block (have fitted them to my wagon - same setup as a ute). If you have 9" wide rear rims, you can only go to around 25mm lowering block (had these on ZHodak's ute).

If you have 17 x 8s, you should also be able to use a 38mm lowering block. Check www.whiteline.com.au for fitting guide/part numbers etc.
so JC your saying ya cant put 50mm blocks in is that right ive got 18 x 8.5s wheels and want to put 50mm blocks in will they hit the wheels???i might have to get the springs reset then hey..
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2007, 10:27 AM   #11
Mikal52
WINDSOR

I knew I was gunna be wrong in what I was saying haha. Thanks for clearing it up JC. Looks like ill go the 38mm blocks (They are only temporary until i can send the springs to get reset.)
As for the ultra lows, I'm getting my guards rolled when I get my wheels so hopefully wont have too much scrubbing issues. Ill just have to be careful until I get used to them. But it's gunna look awesome!

Cheers
Michael