Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-02-2022, 10:00 AM   #1261
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr4ce View Post
Another tip. - if you have an auto club membership you can get a discount on the Bowdens products from Repco (and save on freight too )
The downside to that is the Repco are usually more expensive than Supercheap anyone else in town.

Sparesbox are usually the cheapest (weird as they're owned by Repco) ...and Supercheap will price match them.
Old 24-02-2022, 10:24 AM   #1262
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
The downside to that is the Repco are usually more expensive than Supercheap anyone else in town.

Sparesbox are usually the cheapest (weird as they're owned by Repco) ...and Supercheap will price match them.
You have to wait for the sales. Repco periodically do 30% off for members (nrma). This can make them pretty reasonable for price.

Otherwise, you are correct.
Old 24-02-2022, 07:16 PM   #1263
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfets View Post
Thanks DFB - I'm just getting the standard multi-spokes black wheels.
Those wheels are a nightmare! I spent many, many hours cleaning mine! You will need the bristled brushes to get into the spokes, calipers and discs. The small one is essential, the larger one is a luxury. You can also use those for cleaning the wheel arches and exhaust tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfets
Oh wow! Thanks so much for all the effort and time you spent in your reply. I'm going to look at all of those one by one and see how much all of that would cost.

If I end up going for the NV Snow or snow+... can those replace a bucket wash if the car isnt very dirty? Everything I've seen from Bowdens snow is that they only use it as a pre-wash. It would be good as a time saver if NV Snow can be used as both was and pre-wash.
Unless the car is only dusty, I would not skip the bucket wash. NV Snow can be used as a foam pre-wash and as a bucket wash. Check out this post on my process -
https://www.fordforums.com.au/vbport...articleid=1872

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfets
So I had a look at those products and came up with a new list. Pricing excludes shipping obviously.

Bowdens:
3 BUCKET WASH KIT $104
BOSS GLOSS $21
MICROFIBRE WASH $25
Agent Orange $16
THE FOURSOME $32
WHEELY CLEAN $27
NAKED AND INTA-MITT PACK $34
THE LITTLE CHUBBY $30
LEATHER CARE PACK $76
Total $365

Waxit:
WAXIT FOAM LANCE $87
ECONOMAX MICROFIBER WHEEL BRUSH $22
CARPRO BUG OUT $25
CARPRO PERL SURFACE COATING $17
Total $151

CarCareCo:
The Rag Company – GOLD (ENTHUSIAST) Auto Detailing Microfiber Kit $122
Total $122

Detailingshed:
Maxshine Wheel Cleaning Brush (Length 45cm or 30cm) Quick, effective cleaning of all wheels $25
Maxshine Tyre Cleaning Brush for Low Profile Tyres $14
The Rag Company jersey scrubbing "bug scrubber" pad $5
Total $44

Grand Total: $682

Thanks DBF - This will definitely get me more, for less money.

What pad or applicator do you use with Perl for tyre dressing?

In terms of a wax or a sealant, when or how often would you do that other than just washing and drying the car with the above products?

I'm assuming once I get to that point, a proper polishing machine would be in order to make it easier.
In terms of applicators -

For tyres - The Black applicator in the Gold Microfiber Kit would be great, I like these though.
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...f1fe6cae&_ss=r

For Interior Dressing - The blue applicator in the Gold Microfiber Kit would be great, or I like these, which could also double as spray coating applicators. https://carcareco.com.au/product/pea...icator-sponge/

Paint protection is a HUGE topic and at the risk of overwhelming you, I'll give you a couple of simple and effective product ideas.

1/Swap the Boss Gloss for P&S Bead Maker. This is a spray coating that can be used standalone or as a drying aid after each wash.

2/Use a spray and rinse coating. These are so easy to use and offer a couple of months worth of protection (more if garaged) from a few minutes work. Wash the car as normal and while still wet, work around the car panel by panel misting a few sprays of product then immediately rinsing with water. The strong stream of water activates the sealant and will instantly start to bead. These offer gloss and protection. Any of these would be a good choice -
https://detailingshed.com.au/collect...on-q2m-wetcoat
https://www.waxit.com.au/products/ca...y&_ss=e&_v=1.0
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/wet-dreams

3/Next would be to move to a spray sealant like NV Nova Jet or CarPro Reload. These are generally applied after the car has been washed and dried by spraying and then buffing. The other two categories can be combined as part of the washing and drying process.

https://www.waxit.com.au/products/ca...iant=702336621
https://www.waxit.com.au/products/nv...0&_ss=e&_v=1.0

4/From here you move into the waxes, sealants and ceramic coatings. Obviously these are a more involved process which I can go into later if you need. If you have not used a ceramic coating before, perhaps leave that to a professional or practice on something else first. Here is a wax and sealant well worth considering if you want to be more involved. To be honest, the results from steps 1, 2 or 3 above are nearly, if not just as good for far less effort.
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...a560067a&_ss=r
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...-sealant-473ml

All of that is before you even consider polishing, by hand or by machine. I would just try out your new products and have a play. Can always cross the polishing bridge later on.

If you have time on your hands, my thread is 55 pages long and contains a lot of the products I have mentioned.
https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11469805

And after all of that, I have not even asked what colour you are getting?
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2022, 08:24 PM   #1264
bfets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
And after all of that, I have not even asked what colour you are getting?
Thanks DFB. I think I'll get the basics as discussed and start practising on my current cars. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions later.
My current plan is to not do the ceramic coating. I'll see how I go with these products. I can always change my mind and do it later if I wish.

Initially I was looking into the new 22 California Special, but it turns out dealers want ridiculous prices for those. I like the special nature of those. There are many Mustangs around these days and to have one thats a little different is nice. What I didnt like was the "boy racer" look of those. I prefer the more subtle, professional look - No spoilers or stripes. I hate the look of the non-functional air scoops in front of the back wheels on the CS. All of these issues made me buy a regular GT. Its cheaper and its more "me".

For me, the choice of colour was between red or blue. I like them in silver/grey also, but I already have another car thats silver. I settled on blue. I would have preferred velocity blue, but in the 22's, its replaced with Atlas blue. As I said, the car doesnt have any spoiler or stripes. The only option I added was Magnaride.

The images/renders are from the UK's Ford website builder. The Australia or US one hasnt been updated yet. I dont think the colour on the renders are very accurate though. Some photos I've seen of Atlas Blue looks a little different.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mustang1.jpg (72.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Mustang2.jpg (86.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Mustang3.jpg (85.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Mustang4.jpg (70.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Mustang6.jpg (76.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Mustang5.jpg (54.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Mustang7.jpg (77.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Mustang8.jpg (76.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Mustang9.jpg (67.9 KB, 3 views)
bfets is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-02-2022, 08:45 PM   #1265
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Thanks DFB. I think I'll get the basics as discussed and start practising on my current cars. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions later.
My current plan is to not do the ceramic coating. I'll see how I go with these products. I can always change my mind and do it later if I wish.

Initially I was looking into the new 22 California Special, but it turns out dealers want ridiculous prices for those. I like the special nature of those. There are many Mustangs around these days and to have one thats a little different is nice. What I didnt like was the "boy racer" look of those. I prefer the more subtle, professional look - No spoilers or stripes. I hate the look of the non-functional air scoops in front of the back wheels on the CS. All of these issues made me buy a regular GT. Its cheaper and its more "me".

For me, the choice of colour was between red or blue. I like them in silver/grey also, but I already have another car thats silver. I settled on blue. I would have preferred velocity blue, but in the 22's, its replaced with Atlas blue. As I said, the car doesnt have any spoiler or stripes. The only option I added was Magnaride.

The images/renders are from the UK's Ford website builder. The Australia or US one hasnt been updated yet. I dont think the colour on the renders are very accurate though. Some photos I've seen of Atlas Blue looks a little different.
You sound like me, I like the Mustang in plain wrapper form the best. The basic body design needs no embellishment.

Atlas Blue is a stunner, I prefer it to Velocity.

Some more here if like -
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/thr...thread.169423/
Mustang GT

Old 24-02-2022, 08:48 PM   #1266
bfets

Quote:
You sound like me, I like the Mustang in plain wrapper form the best. The basic body design needs no embellishment.

Atlas Blue is a stunner, I prefer it to Velocity.

Some more here if like -
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/thr...thread.169423/
Yeah wow, looks good in that photo! Looks like they flew you over to detail that as well - hehe.

Looking forward to it. I was worried that I might have buyers remorse with the S650 release being so close, but the S550 is so well sorted now. Its a great car and a known quantity. Who knows what the S650 will be like or which gremlins needs to be sorted out in the first year.
Old 24-02-2022, 08:53 PM   #1267
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Yeah wow, looks good in that photo! Looks like they flew you over to detail that as well - hehe.

Looking forward to it. I was worried that I might have buyers remorse with the S650 release being so close, but the S550 is so well sorted now. Its a great car and a known quantity. Who knows what the S650 will be like or which gremlins needs to be sorted out in the first year.
It will be very late 2023 or 2024 before S650 arrives here in Australia. At some stage you have to stop waiting, S550 in any form is hoot. I have a feeling S650 will be a top-hat redesign, perhaps with hybrid, but not the massive revolution it was initially rumored to be.
Mustang GT

Old 24-02-2022, 08:57 PM   #1268
bfets

Quote:
It will be very late 2023 or 2024 before S650 arrives here in Australia. At some stage you have to stop waiting, S550 in any form is hoot. I have a feeling S650 will be a top-hat redesign, perhaps with hybrid, but not the massive revolution it was initially rumored to be.
I agree. It all played into my decision to buy right now. Life waits for nobody and tomorrow might never come. Having lost 2 relatively young family members during the pandemic, I know this better than most.
Old 24-02-2022, 09:08 PM   #1269
bfets

Quote:

2/Use a spray and rinse coating. These are so easy to use and offer a couple of months worth of protection (more if garaged) from a few minutes work. Wash the car as normal and while still wet, work around the car panel by panel misting a few sprays of product then immediately rinsing with water. The strong stream of water activates the sealant and will instantly start to bead. These offer gloss and protection. Any of these would be a good choice -
https://detailingshed.com.au/collect...on-q2m-wetcoat
https://www.waxit.com.au/products/ca...y&_ss=e&_v=1.0
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/wet-dreams
Do you prefer these over happy ending? Aren't they essentially the same thing?

What I like about happy ending is that you can apply it using the cannon. Seems like less work that going around the car with a little hand operated spray bottle.
Old 24-02-2022, 09:52 PM   #1270
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Do you prefer these over happy ending? Aren't they essentially the same thing?

What I like about happy ending is that you can apply it using the cannon. Seems like less work that going around the car with a little hand operated spray bottle.
The concept is similar, application method separates them. If you prefer the foam application, then go for it.
Mustang GT

Old 24-02-2022, 10:07 PM   #1271
bfets

Thanks again for the advise DFB. All orders placed. Worked out to around $850, but I reckon I now have a more complete set of better products.

Looking forward to trying these out.
Old 24-02-2022, 10:26 PM   #1272
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Thanks again for the advise DFB. All orders placed. Worked out to around $850, but I reckon I now have a more complete set of better products.

Looking forward to trying these out.
I think the microfiber pack will be the biggest change for you, you can never have too many towels.

Look forward to hearing how you go.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2022, 12:48 AM   #1273
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:

The S550 GT is a lot of fun.
For me, cleaning it to a pretty high level is half the enjoyment of owning it. Trying to keep a daily driver clean can be tricky on dirty country roads.
My purchases were not your typical Mustang buys as I literally got them straight off the truck from the docks. They never went to the detailers at the dealership.
The cars arrive pretty filthy as it’s 3 months since they were built and they sit around at docks or rail yards before and after transport.
It takes me about 2-3 days to get them up to scratch and the paint to a reasonable level.
I use a lot of Bowdens Own products and really do rate them.
I use their snow foam and cannon.
Three way cleaner and clay block to lift contaminates.
Wheely clean on the wheels.
I use After Glow as a drying aid on Big Green Suckers. I have 4 or 5 big green suckers as one isn’t enough.
I also use Boss Gloss and now have Fully Slick to try out.
I use Happy Ending and love how fast and easy it is and it does work quite well with excellent water beading properties.
Once the car is clean and decontaminated I polish it with my Shine mate EX620 5 1/2 inch 15mm DA polisher. On the current one I used mostly Polish Angel’s Master Final Polish on Lake Country black hdo finishing pad with stunning results. It’s antimatter blue which is almost black.
The previous one was Rapid Red and needed some heavier polishing despite also being brand new. I used Scholl Concepts S2, S20 or S30 on lake concepts blue orange and black foam pads depending on what level of defects I was working with.
The Rapid Red GT I applied an Autosmart Hybrid ceramic coat which I was very happy with. The looked amazing and felt really slick to the touch.
On the current one I applied a different ceramic coat but I’m not happy with it. Visually it’s fine but it has a slightly tacky feel compared to the last one. I’m still trying to correct this but may ultimately end up stripping it off and use either spray sealants or wax. I think that would be my preference going forward.

I’m glad I optioned the forged alloy wheels as they are much easier to clean.
Before the first Mustang arrived I bought a lot of detailing products including a Karcher K7 pressure washer. It was expensive but is light years ahead of all the $200 junk I’ve had before.
The Rapid Red GT was the first car I ever polished so that was pretty daunting as it was 2 days old and probably not the ideal car to learn on. But it’s actually not that hard to get great results if you take your time.

I now want to try Bowdens Own Beaut Beads Wax.
Has anyone tried that yet?

Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2022, 11:46 AM   #1274
bfets

Your cars look awesome Top_Ghia. I'm looking forward to getting mine and detailing it. I really think I'm going to enjoy it.

Here's another question. Where do you guys store all these detailing products? I can store them in my garage, but here in a Perth summer it can get >40 C in there very often.

I'm thinking of storing the towels, brushes and buckets in the garage, but keeping the chemicals in the house. Am I overthinking this?
Old 25-02-2022, 01:24 PM   #1275
prydey
Rob

Carpro perl, undiluted as tyre dressing.

Yes, I forgot to wipe it down after applying with the NV tyre dressing applicator, so ended up with some excess drifting out of the lettering etc when the car got used...

Even with that, there is no sign of any slinging, it doesn't look greasy and that photo is after 1 week and very little dust build up etc. Very happy with that.
Old 25-02-2022, 01:56 PM   #1276
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Your cars look awesome Top_Ghia. I'm looking forward to getting mine and detailing it. I really think I'm going to enjoy it.

Here's another question. Where do you guys store all these detailing products? I can store them in my garage, but here in a Perth summer it can get >40 C in there very often.

I'm thinking of storing the towels, brushes and buckets in the garage, but keeping the chemicals in the house. Am I overthinking this?

Thanks. The red one is gone now.
It probably wouldn’t hurt to stick the chemicals in the laundry or somewhere it doesn’t get crazy hot. The heat probably won’t effect them but they may leak.
2 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2022, 02:04 PM   #1277
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Top Ghia,

What a great post at 1273.

I'll do a post soon on what I'm doing for our cars. We recently got a 7 month old Mercedes C300 demonstrator, Obsidian Black (sorry, it's not a Ford this time), which I'd like to put a ceramic coating on myself but I'm going to work up to that by detailing my daily driver which is a Black 2017 Escape.

I'm not planning to use a DA polishing machine as I'm scared I'm going to damage the clear coat.

Cheers,
Old 25-02-2022, 02:15 PM   #1278
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534 View Post
Hi Top Ghia,

I'll do a post soon on what I'm doing for our cars. We recently got a 7 month old Mercedes C300 demonstrator, Obsidian Black (sorry, it's not a Ford this time), which I'd like to put a ceramic coating on myself but I'm going to work up to that by detailing my daily driver which is a Black 2017 Escape.

I'm not planning to use a DA polishing machine as I'm scared I'm going to damage the clear coat.

Cheers,

I would say don’t be scared of DA polishers. They are quite forgiving as long as your not stupid with them.
I’m not a car detailer and before polishing my brand new mustang I had never used any kind of polisher on anything.
I just watched a bunch of YouTube videos on the subject and started with the most mild pads and compounds. I quickly worked out I needed to go heavier and slowly work my way up.
I bought a kit from Waxit that had 3 different Scholl polishing compounds and 3 different pads and it is great. The only other things you’ll need are microfiber towels and an alcohol based wipe down solution.
If you’re just starting out it’s not a quick process and may take a weekend to get through a car.
Trying to get that deep looking, glass like finish is quite rewarding.
2 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2022, 07:02 PM   #1279
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
The S550 GT is a lot of fun.
For me, cleaning it to a pretty high level is half the enjoyment of owning it. Trying to keep a daily driver clean can be tricky on dirty country roads.
My purchases were not your typical Mustang buys as I literally got them straight off the truck from the docks. They never went to the detailers at the dealership.
The cars arrive pretty filthy as it’s 3 months since they were built and they sit around at docks or rail yards before and after transport.
It takes me about 2-3 days to get them up to scratch and the paint to a reasonable level.
I use a lot of Bowdens Own products and really do rate them.
I use their snow foam and cannon.
Three way cleaner and clay block to lift contaminates.
Wheely clean on the wheels.
I use After Glow as a drying aid on Big Green Suckers. I have 4 or 5 big green suckers as one isn’t enough.
I also use Boss Gloss and now have Fully Slick to try out.
I use Happy Ending and love how fast and easy it is and it does work quite well with excellent water beading properties.
Once the car is clean and decontaminated I polish it with my Shine mate EX620 5 1/2 inch 15mm DA polisher. On the current one I used mostly Polish Angel’s Master Final Polish on Lake Country black hdo finishing pad with stunning results. It’s antimatter blue which is almost black.
The previous one was Rapid Red and needed some heavier polishing despite also being brand new. I used Scholl Concepts S2, S20 or S30 on lake concepts blue orange and black foam pads depending on what level of defects I was working with.
The Rapid Red GT I applied an Autosmart Hybrid ceramic coat which I was very happy with. The looked amazing and felt really slick to the touch.
On the current one I applied a different ceramic coat but I’m not happy with it. Visually it’s fine but it has a slightly tacky feel compared to the last one. I’m still trying to correct this but may ultimately end up stripping it off and use either spray sealants or wax. I think that would be my preference going forward.

I’m glad I optioned the forged alloy wheels as they are much easier to clean.
Before the first Mustang arrived I bought a lot of detailing products including a Karcher K7 pressure washer. It was expensive but is light years ahead of all the $200 junk I’ve had before.
The Rapid Red GT was the first car I ever polished so that was pretty daunting as it was 2 days old and probably not the ideal car to learn on. But it’s actually not that hard to get great results if you take your time.

I now want to try Bowdens Own Beaut Beads Wax.
Has anyone tried that yet?
You will want to totally remove the ceramic coating prior to using Beaut Beads, it will otherwise not bond to the paint.

I actually think the Mustang is great car to learn to polish on. Lots of big, flat panels and only two doors to tape up.

Could you imagine trying to polish this thing with it's multitude of panel creases..............

Or this.............

Mustang GT

Old 25-02-2022, 07:06 PM   #1280
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:

All of my gear is stored in the garage which gets pretty hot in summer, no issues except for the odd spay sealant weeping from the sprayer head. You could otherwise store you chemicals in the laundry.
Mustang GT

Old 25-02-2022, 07:07 PM   #1281
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Carpro perl, undiluted as tyre dressing.

Yes, I forgot to wipe it down after applying with the NV tyre dressing applicator, so ended up with some excess drifting out of the lettering etc when the car got used...

Even with that, there is no sign of any slinging, it doesn't look greasy and that photo is after 1 week and very little dust build up etc. Very happy with that.
Perl is a great product, it just WORKS! I'm glad you are liking the results.
Mustang GT

Old 25-02-2022, 07:15 PM   #1282
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534 View Post
Hi Top Ghia,

Cheers,
I would not be scared of using a DA polisher, they are very forgiving and easy to use. As mentioned, just start with a mild polish and pad combo to learn with, step it up when you need. There are also countless YouTube video's on polishing to help guide you, then practice on your Escape, starting somewhere you feel the most comfortable. That could be the bonnet or perhaps the front quarter panel. Try not to over think it, once you have used the machine a few times, it will all come natural.

Have a look at this video, you have to be extremely brutal to burn through clear coat with a DA -

Having said that, a hand polish will also help the black paint pop prior to coating, although you may not remove every defect. This may or may not bother you.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2022, 08:06 PM   #1283
jgmdat

So I bit the bullet and got myself the Kranzle K1152TST with the MTM kit from the Detailing Shed, best thing ever. Thanks DFB you haven't steered me wrong yet with your recommendations. Although I don' think I will ever have as much microfibre as you.
jgmdat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2022, 08:33 PM   #1284
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmdat View Post
So I bit the bullet and got myself the Kranzle K1152TST with the MTM kit from the Detailing Shed, best thing ever. Thanks DFB you haven't steered me wrong yet with your recommendations. Although I don' think I will ever have as much microfibre as you.
Congratulations, I can't begin to explain how excited I am for you!

There is no other way to put this, but you will absolutely love that thing!

First thing to do when you open everything up, grab the standard issue Kranzle gun and awkwardly long lances and save those for when you clean your driveway or windows. Once you have connected the MTM gun onto the Kranzle hose, you are almost ready to go.

In case you don't know, these machines are run laid on their back, like this.

It's also a good idea to check the oil before first use, then change after the first 50 hours.

https://detailingshed.com.au/product...731e7063&_ss=r

Connect the power and water and you are set to go. You will notice how stout these things sound, smooth and relatively quite, the sound of the water coming out of the gun will actually be louder than the motor itself. There is also none of the screeching or surging that most pressure washers make.

I hope your delivery driver doesn't leave your new $2000+ pressure washer at your front door for anyone to see or steal like mine did.
Mustang GT

Old 25-02-2022, 08:40 PM   #1285
jgmdat

I was home for the delivery luckily, I have only used it once and can't believe what a difference it makes to every part of the detailing process. I actually enjoy wheel cleaning now.
jgmdat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2022, 08:47 PM   #1286
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmdat View Post
I was home for the delivery luckily, I have only used it once and can't believe what a difference it makes to every part of the detailing process. I actually enjoy wheel cleaning now.
The short gun is the absolute best for wheel cleaning. And yes, I love wheel cleaning too now.
Mustang GT

Old 25-02-2022, 10:00 PM   #1287
prydey
Rob

Not quite on the same level but my local bunnings now have 10m hoses in stock for karcher. At $120 though it's not cheap but my karcher only has 4m hose and I don't need to tell anyone how annoying that is.

I notice they also do an upgraded lance with 7.5m hose for $80ish, so maybe that will be enough.

Also, another question for those using garden blowers to dry. How powerful does it have to be to be effective? I have a few ozito battery tools and can get an ozito blower skin for around $80. Says 200kmh blow speed or something. Is it worth it?
Old 25-02-2022, 10:13 PM   #1288
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Not quite on the same level but my local bunnings now have 10m hoses in stock for karcher. At $120 though it's not cheap but my karcher only has 4m hose and I don't need to tell anyone how annoying that is.

I notice they also do an upgraded lance with 7.5m hose for $80ish, so maybe that will be enough.

Also, another question for those using garden blowers to dry. How powerful does it have to be to be effective? I have a few ozito battery tools and can get an ozito blower skin for around $80. Says 200kmh blow speed or something. Is it worth it?
That 10m Karcher hose looks quite good and would make using your pressure washer much easier.

Skip the upgraded lance with 7.5m hose. I would rather put that money towards a stubby gun from MTM or CleanSkin.

https://www.detailstore.com.au/colle...39425463713847
https://detailingshed.com.au/collect.../mtm-sgs28-gun
https://detailingshed.com.au/collect...-5-000psi-blue

I used a handheld Makita blower for a long time and it certainly did the job. I would recommend the larger 5.0 ah batteries though.

Mustang GT

Old 25-02-2022, 11:23 PM   #1289
prydey
Rob

Quote:
I would recommend the larger 5.0 ah batteries though.
I have two large batteries already. Thanks.
Old 26-02-2022, 11:22 AM   #1290
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I have an Ozito blower (battery powered). I believe it is the same one you are looking at. I have used mine on the car before but have found it a bit big and bulky for that purpose but it does work effectively still.