Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 02-12-2005, 04:52 PM   #1
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Default Fitted 17" rims

Well after many many hours of weighing up options and working out a budget, i decided to get some 17" rims.
I scored some ST alloys at a bargain price (thanks Simon ) and got em fitted with some good rubber just a tad over how much i wanted to spend. But in the end, it was worth it.

Im very happy with the way it looks, and in my opinion it really sets off the car. I think ive got the exterior sorted for now, and its time to focus and on other ventures, which simon already has insight into.

May not be an original look, and all you ST owners may frown upon it, but the OE design of the rims really does suit the car and i love the look of it which is why i swayed towards goin for it.

Here is one pic for now which i took yesterday after getting them fitted, but more pics to follow verrry soon

Tom

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00193.JPG (44.0 KB, 107 views)
Old 02-12-2005, 05:23 PM   #2
fauxpas

Nice, they suit the car well...

fauxpas? pronounce it?

My Ghia
fauxpas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2005, 07:18 PM   #3
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

They look great. I think original equipment helps

I really am starting to like the white Foci.
Just needs two big blue Ford Racing stripes staright up the bonnet and over the roof.mmmmmmmmmmm
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2005, 08:16 PM   #4
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Tom that looks awesome - rims are absolutely perfect for your car and really give it the 'rally look'. You now have the second best looking focus in Perth _2: .

Hows the ride quality and handling? You should notice a bit more road feedback and heaps more grip!
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2005, 08:18 PM   #5
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Yum. All you need to do is spray those mouldings and it will look red hot, really really worth doing. If you can do the handles too, you'd have the perfect Focus. Yum.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:00 PM   #6
WRC1AB
WRC1AB

You mean the third best looking focus in Perth. lol
Very nice Tom. It looks very Tarmac ala Corsica.
White wheels white car would look even better IMP.

Its nice to see the Ford Focus community looking after eachother.
Good work Simon.

Nick.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:40 PM   #7
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRC1AB

Nick.
:evil_laug...I thought you might have something to say about that! We'll all have to catch up some time soon. You entering any autokhanas in the near future?
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2005, 02:06 PM   #8
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by orsest170
Tom that looks awesome - rims are absolutely perfect for your car and really give it the 'rally look'. You now have the second best looking focus in Perth _2: .

Hows the ride quality and handling? You should notice a bit more road feedback and heaps more grip!
Im prolly gona incriminate myself again :P but taking some round abouts at a decent pace last night, mate, completely different feel. After i got my springs fitted, lifting off would make the rear unsettle a little bit, but now with the rims, its much more rear end happy, much too my liking must be coz of the lower profile tyres. It did catch me by surprise a lil bit, having to counter steer just a tad :newangel:. Next on my list is a set of H&R sway bars (24mm = verry stiff) and maybe even some strut braces if i can get a hold of it, make it a real.... corenering weapon :

Tom
Old 03-12-2005, 02:48 PM   #9
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRC1AB

Nick.
Haha, i can live with that. But we all know deep down what the truth is :nutsycuck . Im up for a bit of meet on Sunday arvo, i seen Simon's ST, mmmmm, now its time to see Nick's. I reckon we should get together for a bite somewhere, whether it be maccas, hj's, kfc, or maybe something a bit more classy WOTEVA haha. Wot you Perth boys say??? Line up some photos of our Focis too. Its been held off for too long.

Tom
Old 03-12-2005, 09:03 PM   #10
WRC1AB
WRC1AB

Yes I have entered the next autokhana Simon, its on the 4th of Dec. which is this Sunday.Its the finals, last one of the year.
Feel free to come down at Belmont Race course, both of you.
It starts from 9am to 2pm for the morning session.

Maybe we can get some shots there if you guys aren't doing anything.

I want to check out Toms magnaflow setup.

Nick.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:51 PM   #11
b2tf
not here much anymore

Is it lowered at all?
Old 04-12-2005, 10:54 PM   #12
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

yeh, 30-35mm. I put 215/40/17 tyres, which is a lower profile than reccommened, so it does look like the distance from rim to guard is higher

Tom
Old 05-12-2005, 12:10 AM   #13
b2tf
not here much anymore

Sure its a good idea to have lower then rec. rubber? Doesnt it affect your speedo?
Old 05-12-2005, 12:46 AM   #14
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

yeh it does affect the speedo, the guy explained it to me, and it works out that ill actually be going slower than the speedo says, which isnt so bad.

Tom