Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-07-2009, 09:47 AM   #25
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EG30
great to have a contact in Ford Europe Rapid Typhoon
With my big mouth I don't think I'll have one for much longer! I think I already bore the poor bastard with questions already.

Quote:
May be your contact could give us some inside info on future models such as the Fiesta ST/XR4 release date instead of the official NO word.
There will be a new ST Fiesta. Unlike the previous gen though, they will launch it with the facelifted version in about two years. I can't really reveal much, as I don't know much, but goodbye 2.0L engine (thanks in part to Europes insurance brackets and fuel economy).

Quote:
How close is Ford offerings of small sized (1.2-1.6L) turbo petrol engines and mass release of their dual clutch automated manual box rather than only very selected models to date.
Full steam ahead with the EcoBoost as far as I know. Not sure of the size of the engines they are working on. The Duel-Clutch will be ready to go with the US Fiesta, no word yet on local Fiestas adopting this. There are "issues" with the Thai factory/Fiesta/Mazda2. Say no more.