Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-04-2007, 06:53 PM   #91
Nappa
Impressive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by myts

Note: No brochures available and won't be for a couple of months? Is that correct or were they trying to save two bits?

yeah its true, cant get them for some reason we have ordered them but they never turn up. its rather frustrating.
Old 24-04-2007, 08:37 PM   #92
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

a story my Dad used to tell:

era - early 1950s
he had gone into Sydney to look for a second hand truck and was looking at some in a yard when a young guy came over to see if he could help,
Dad said "just looking yet thanks but that guy over there looks like he wants to talk to you "
sales guy said " nah , hes just some old guy looks like his filling in time.
Dad said " i know that bloke , if he is here , then he will be wanting to buy something
sales guy " ok then i`ll go see him.

the old bloke filling in time bought 20 brand new tip trucks to handle a big contract he had just scored.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2007, 08:55 PM   #93
BIGBIRD
GO ON GIVE IT SOME!!

Looks like a few people have had a bad experience! When I bought the XRT, I couldnt have been happier!
I went to BAYFORD PRESTON and asked if they had any mkii manual turbos, they didnt, but the salesbloke said they did at their other yard, so he drove me down there, arranged for me to test drive it and then we discussed price.
I was trading a Nissan 200sx, when they offered me the trade in price, I laughed! It was stupid, they admitted they didnt know much about those and said they would arrange someone whos deals in jap cars to come and value it.
They let me take the XR6T home as they wanted to keep my nissan there to get valued first thing the next morning. Next day I get a call saying they uped the trade in price by $5000 so I drove back, signed the paper work and drove home in my new car.
Might not sound to extraordinary, but I was 20 years old at the time and still didnt get brushed off.

In conclusion, very happy with BAYFORD PRESTON!
BIGBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2007, 01:34 AM   #94
mcnamg

I have had 3 good experiences with Titan Ford in WA first was buying a Used EFII Fairmont that I had found on the net and went in to look at. Guy went out of his way to move 7 or 8 cars to get the car out for a test drive and offered a reasonable price on my trade in which was only good for scrap was an 88 pulsar and the transmission was shagged as was the speedo roof lining seat etc.. Anyway the price on the car in the yard was $3000 more than the price on the net and I mentioned this and the guy said there must be a mistake the price on the window is the actual price. I was only 18 at the time but still wasnt going to back down and asked him to go and check the web site and talk to his boss. He did and came back and said that I was right and he said that as that was the advertised price they had to honour it and as he was sorry for the inconvenience would also honour the trade in and would do the tint for free. I was happy as I got the price I was after and they had the car ready and tinted and with a full tank of fuel the next day.

When I bought a Territory in 05 I researched online as well and made an enquiry on a discount cars website and got a call within 2 hours from Titan Ford asking me if I was just enquring or was I actually keen to buy. I told them I was ready to buy only if the price was right. They then asked me what I was after in terms of colours as they had a runout on the 04 plated stock so I told him what I wanted and what options I was after. It turned out that they didnt have the colour I wanted in an 04 and as the dealer could tell from the detailed options I wanted I had done my research and was genuine he offered the same deal on an 05 model. I went down to the dealer that afternoon to see if I could crunch the numbers a little more and was able to get a few things thrown in and was offered a test drive and a thorough look over the car. I signed the deal that day and they ordered the car for me. I was kept updated every few days on the progress of the build and when I dropped in with the cheque for the car the dealer wanted to take me for a drive and wanted my wife to go for a drive too. When the car arrived they gave us another thorough look over and offered to let us drive the car before accepting delivery. Again very happy with the level of attention given to us.

Came back a few months later to look at a focus told him upfront was not ready to buy for a few months however he still took the time to take me for a drive went over the car and was quite excited when he told me about it and gave me prices and a brochure and asked me to come see him when I was ready.

I cam back a couple of months later and actually bought a Fiesta which he also did a great deal on and then also gave a me a good trade in on the Fairmont as well threw even full tank of fuel 12 months rego map book discount book keyring and floor mats and again was very helpful.

If I ever want another car he is the first person I will see he has since had the business of my Parents and Grandparents and other friends and makes a point of coming over and saying hello when he sees me dropping off my car for Service and even stopped me to have a chat when he saw me trading my Fiesta in as I no longer needed it.

So I guess not all Ford dealers are bad to deal with. Toyota however I cant say the same. I went to get a brochure on the new Tarago as I have a growing family and asked the dealer for a brochure and he took a look at my Territory which is a TX and wrinkled his nose at me and said oh so I guess you will want the base model then huh. I just said Forget it Im not going to waste my time and walked out without a brochure. Even though all I wanted was info the guy couldnt help himself by being a ********
mcnamg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2007, 10:59 AM   #95
RapidBF
Rapid BF XR8 Ute

I decided I wanted to upgrade from my AUII XR6 Ute to a BA XR8 Ute. I happened to be near the dealers with my mum (in her landcruiser) so we thought we would call in and see what they had in stock. As soon as we got out of the car the salesman was walking towards us. I told him I had an AUII XR6 Ute(manual) and asked him what i would be looking at trade in for it, then told him I wanted to upgrade to a BA XR8 Ute - but it must me manual. He turned round and started to walk towards 3 sedans lined up down the end of the yard. I told him again, no I want a Ute...his comment to that..'but, you're a girl!'. After a big sigh he walked back up the other end of the yard and showed me 2 utes, both were auto. I was just about tearing my hair out by this stage told him it must be manual, to which he replied ' We dont have any, 'chics' have no business driving utes, manuals or V8's for that matter!'.

I walked into the office and asked to speak to the dealer principal who I have previously purchased 2 new cars through and told him about the guys attitude. He was terminated that afternoon.

When I was walking out through the showroom I did notice they had a BF XR8 ute, 6 speed manual. Exactly what I was looking for. I put a deposit on it that day, organised to sell my AU to my friend. The salesman bent over backwards to help me, my friend had trouble getting finance, so the sale of my old ute went through the dealer so they could finance her through ford credit, even though they made no money off it, just so I could get the new one quicker.

Now the other guy is gone I have no hesitations in going back there again. Although I'm VERY happy with the BF I don't think I'll be getting a new vehicle in a while.
RapidBF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2007, 11:07 AM   #96
osiris
a large McCrunch with....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper69S
I have one and it has all the power you need. a good driver in an XT can get around a track just as quickly as a bad driver in a XR8

doesnt seem to say anything about a good driver in a in an XR8 flogging crap off everyone......hmmmmm yeah.... i woulda got another salesman lol
osiris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2007, 11:57 AM   #97
octanebfgt2

mcnamg,

I have also recently had a good experience with Titan Ford. I was window shopping for about three months looking at various options for a new car including a Turbo Territory, Typhoon, GT as well as various other brands.

Anyway I tyre kicked for ages and test drove various cars at Titan Ford over about 3 months and got three different salesmen over that time. EVERY SINGLE TIME there was no pressure, always happy to allow a test drive and just really easy going.

My new GT is on it's way, got an awesome deal (or at least I think I did ;) ) and they have kept me updated on the progress of the build exactly as they said they would.

Also very honest on trade ins and rather than saying "that's all it's worth" or another classic I heard elsewhere was " we don't pay top dollar for trade ins so we can sell them for less" they said "we have valued it at X but that seems too low - give us a day or two to shop it around". I ended up selling the WRX elsewhere but again they were really honest and fair.

I have a less than positive story about a certain Holden dealer in Cannington but that's another post lol
octanebfgt2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2007, 12:08 PM   #98
osiris
a large McCrunch with....

rofl..... nice one
osiris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2007, 01:29 PM   #99
ForgInASock
Starter Motor

About 3 years ago, my car was written off in a crash. With the insurance payment, this meant that I had cold hard cash to spend.

I phoned a Mitsubishi dealer in Sydney (I like the triple diamond brand. So shoot me) inquiring about a Verada wagon that was in the paper. The salesperson wasn't there and he called me back later that afternoon. We spoke and arranged for me to come and look at the wagon.

My trade in was a Suzuki 1200cc Bandit motorbike, a slightly difficult thing for a car dealer to trade. Anyway, I rode up on said road burner, complete with drizabone and black helmet, looking something like a modern Ned Kelly!

Two sales blokes were standing outside the showroom, and one asked the usual "Can I help you?". I replied that I was looking for so and so salesbloke. The other salesperson looks me up and down and asks "And what would you be looking for him for?"

"I want to speak to him about buying THAT car over THERE today, like we spoke about on the phone!" I replied, testily. Having ridden a motorbike for over 10 years at that time, I do get sick of people looking down their nose at me.

Well, I didn't get that car because as so and so salesbloke and I were walking towards it, he was describing it's features. "... 3.5 litre engine, 4 speed auto, climate control, waffle waffle waffle..."

"And one guard that's a completely different colour than the rest of the car" I interrupted. Salesbloke literally stopped in his tracks! Seems the car has been in a decent front hit, with evidence all over the inner guards. Many creases, brand new sealant.

The car stayed.