Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 03-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
thom318
Starter Motor

Default 2007 LS XR5 electrical issues

Hi guys,

lately my focus has had a couple of electrical issues. The Sony 6 cd changer is having issues playing cds. Sometimes it just stops dead for about 1 minute, but the cd doesn't skip, this happens a number of times when the issue is there. Sometimes it won't play a cd that was playing fine the day before, and it also seems to lose memory, in that if im playing song 5 when I turn the car off it'll start at song 1 when I start it again. There also seems to be a problem with my washer motor making pressure, but I don't know if its related. I was just wondering if any one knows of similar issues and possibly a fix. I don't think its dust in the changer, it seems to be more to do with the cds not loading properly.
Thanks for any help guys

Thom

Project: 1962 XL Falcon Station Wagon with original 144 and three speed column manual
thom318 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #2
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default Re: 2007 LS XR5 electrical issues

Sounds more like an issue with the head unit itself and the CD changer than an actual electrical fault with the car. I would suggest looking around for another H.U. maybe even an aftermarket one with GPS etc.... depending on how important the CD changer is to you. As far as the washer motor not making pressure, are you meaning that water won't come through the jets or it's coming through but more as a trickle than a spray ? If you haven't already done this, try checking for leaks in the hoses or possibly a crack in the washer bottle, next would be to check the jets are not blocked by running a fine piece of wire into them to clear any dirt or other crap
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #3
thom318
Starter Motor

Thanks Russ,
I was hoping that wouldn't be the issue with the stereo, but your most likely right. I might have to start hunting down a new unit.
And I think you'd be spot on with the washers, being a hole in the line, I really shouldve thought of that myself haha. Thanks for your help mate, muchly appreciated.

Project: 1962 XL Falcon Station Wagon with original 144 and three speed column manual
thom318 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #4
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

No worries mate, hope you get it sorted soon
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post