Wally
XP Coupe

Default Airmon and Bo0

Got your comments printed in the Sunday Mail page 42

Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 12:03 PM   #2
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah - just saw this as well. Nice bit of FFAU namedropping too.

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 01:07 PM   #3
Doogstar
B-Series Moderator

This thread is useless without a scan of the article. Can someone please post one?

380rwkw - 11.68 @ 120.94mph 60ft=1.97
Custom Tune, Exhaust. injectors.1.2K Plazmaman 1.2K Plenum kit

Now with bigger turbo and 426rwkw.
Doogstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 01:41 PM   #4
Bundy
All Ford Club Life Member
Donating Member3

Just goes to show, whatever you say online is being watched by people not just on here but elsewhere.....food for thought.

Worked AU XR8 Ute - Toy

Std FG XR6T Ute - Daily

Supercharged BA 6 Ute - Wife's daily

351W F150 93 XLT 4x4 Supercab
Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 07:11 PM   #5
nommic
EL Monty Ghia

More details?
Old 30-03-2008, 07:16 PM   #6
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

My dog did doo doo on the front lawn! Bit less cryptic but least you know whats going on!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 07:19 PM   #7
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
My dog did doo doo on the front lawn! Bit less cryptic but least you know whats going on!
What was the consistancy and volume?
Did you clean it off the front lawn?
What sort of dog?
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 07:22 PM   #8
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag top
What was the consistancy and volume?
Did you clean it off the front lawn?
What sort of dog?
DAMN ... sorry ..... yeah I know! This thread is USELESS without PICS!!!!! I will fix!

| [/url] |

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 30-03-2008, 07:26 PM   #9
Scott

S'OK!! I found this on Page 43:
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #10
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
S'OK!! I found this on Page 43:
I wonder what the council will say - I bet it ends up on current affair or today tonight....
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 07:38 PM   #11
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Makes you sort of miss the ol' page 3 of many years ago!

| [/url] |

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 30-03-2008, 08:04 PM   #12
Wally
XP Coupe

It's about the demise of the Fairlane, Fairmont Ghia and Furura

Quote:

However, the changes have sparked heated argument in internet chatrooms such as fordforums.com.au.

A Fairmont owner calling himself Airmon said "Shame on Ford".

Another fan Bo0 said "Ford can't be that stupid could they?'.

Ford vice-president of product development Trevor Worthington said it was "time to draw a line in the sand and move on".
Old 30-03-2008, 08:20 PM   #13
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

At least they put in the .au this time.....

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 08:24 PM   #14
Booka
OzECruisers FTW

So whats acctuly going on hear??? can some one please fill me in??

EB II GLi, AU 4lt and auto conversion :evil3: , 17" mags, Tub's on the way, Sound system, Tinted windows, Lowered.
Booka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 09:51 PM   #15
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was an article about all the recent aussie models that have been canned. 380, luxo barges, and rodeo.

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 10:50 PM   #16
BionicSix
Internet Hero- Call Me

OMG! The masses have spoken. All 2 of them.

I heard Ford have finally dropped these archaic names to move with the times. A fresh start is what Ford need to bring in the new generation of Falcons.

It is about time some of the members of this forum did the same thing and stop holding onto their security blankets. One minute it is stated that Ford did not do enough to define the look of the new model, and when they take a new direction such as dropping/changing names they are crucified for it. ??

Well done in getting the forum, and some of its members mentioned on page 42 of the Sunday Mail.Quality quotes used there. I could almost hear the passion bleeding from the pages.This is an acheivement that cannot be matched and will go down in the annals of history.

I find it a little strange that one of the individuals who said, I quote "Shame on Ford" is driving around without the F and the T from the much vaunted name. Irony anyone?

You pin your hopes and dreams that Ford will one day bring back the so called legendary names on the internet rambles of a kid who didn't even choose a Fairmont, the decision was made for him. And another who drives a regular Falcon. Wow, these members are really passionate about the Fairmont name and deserve the right to speak for everyone.

Nice objective journalism done there as well, I notice that most of the original thread where these "quotes" were taken from also featured alot of positive posts for the name changes. Why wasn't this one quoted for example by
drew`SEVNT5 - bah...good riddance...the fairmont and fairmont ghia name tags have had there day, there now as fresh as month old bread, and bring about visions of grampas, cardigans, hats on the parcel shelf, and driving down to the bowls club, whereas, the calais does not...

good on ford for starting afresh...

We now have "Internet Celebrities" to worship. I must bow down to Airmon and Bo0, and Wally too.

Last edited by BionicSix; 30-03-2008 at 11:03 PM.
BionicSix is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 11:04 PM   #17
Wally
XP Coupe

Hey thanks for the salutation BionicSix, but I can't take the credit for the article.
Old 30-03-2008, 11:13 PM   #18
steamin63
old skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicSix

I heard Ford have finally dropped these archaic names to move with the times. A fresh start is what Ford need to bring in the new generation of Falcons.

It is about time some of the members of this forum did the same thing and stop holding onto their security blankets. One minute it is stated that Ford did not do enough to define the look of the new model, and when they take a new direction such as dropping/changing names they are crucified for it. ??

Well done in getting the forum, and some of its members mentioned on page 42 of the Sunday Mail.Quality quotes used there. I could almost hear the passion bleeding from the pages.This is an acheivement that cannot be matched and will go down in the annals of history.

I find it a little strange that one of the individuals who said, I quote "Shame on Ford" is driving around without the F and the T from the much vaunted name. Irony anyone?

You pin your hopes and dreams that Ford will one day bring back the so called legendary names on the internet rambles of a kid who didn't even choose a Fairmont, the decision was made for him. And another who drives a regular Falcon. Wow, these members are really passionate about the Fairmont name and deserve the right to speak for everyone.

Nice objective journalism done there as well, I notice that most of the original thread where these "quotes" were taken from also featured alot of positive posts for the name changes. Why wasn't this one quoted for example by
drew`SEVNT5 - bah...good riddance...the fairmont and fairmont ghia name tags have had there day, there now as fresh as month old bread, and bring about visions of grampas, cardigans, hats on the parcel shelf, and driving down to the bowls club, whereas, the calais does not...

We now have "Internet Celebrities" to worship. I must bow down to Airmon and Bo0, and Wally too.
full of yourself aren't you. i've read your other two post's and they were as worthless as this one. if you've got nothing constructive to say, keep your opinions to yourself because no one is impressed by an idiot. love and kisses.
Old 30-03-2008, 11:28 PM   #19
BionicSix
Internet Hero- Call Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamin63
full of yourself aren't you. i've read your other two post's and they were as worthless as this one. if you've got nothing constructive to say, keep your opinions to yourself because no one is impressed by an idiot. love and kisses.
Thank you for the kind comments and also for the love and kisses. I can assume you are a chick right ??

If you are not, I am flattered by the offer but Internet Hero does not bat for the other team. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

No matter what your lifestyle preferences may be, I can respect your opinion on the mentioned subject. That is because you drive a Fairmont and are obviously old enough to remember the history of the Fairmont name and when it meant something. If anyone has the right to lament the loss of the name, it is you.

Surely however we can all move with the times, after all other famous institutions have adapted. We all need to look to "The Colonel" for inspiration. After all he took the risk to change Kentucky Fried Chicken to the now well know KFC. Now if that isn't genius, what is?

I think we can all learn something from this
Old 30-03-2008, 11:31 PM   #20
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Can someone scan and post the article up?
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 11:38 PM   #21
Booka
OzECruisers FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260
Can someone scan and post the article up?
yeah please.... would love to read it for myself

EB II GLi, AU 4lt and auto conversion :evil3: , 17" mags, Tub's on the way, Sound system, Tinted windows, Lowered.
Booka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 09:24 PM   #22
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

I wouldn't mind a copy...
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 09:54 PM   #23
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicSix

Thats their (the members) opinions and they have rights to them. They have respect/sentiments for the name and there's nothing wrong with that. But then again this is a public forum so they should agree with everything you say or shut up. Right?
Old 02-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #24
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

back to the topic of this article guys? I think shame on ford for even thinking of such a stupid idea as to completely ruin all of the last 30 years marketing and hype on "Falcons" "Fairmonts" "Ghia" "Futura" Etc etc.. what a waste! now people are going to have to take time to think about which model is the upper class etc etc.. the average joe is just gonna go oh look a calais, not look its a FG6T or whatever their lame names go as.. worst idea ever
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 04:20 PM   #25
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

If they wanted to change the name, why go with the way Euro and Asia styles of names? they arent names anyway... they are acronyms that not everyone understands or knows anyway...

I miss my LTD :( (Lincoln Type Design)
Old 02-04-2008, 04:23 PM   #26
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

then what do the new acrnoyms mean?
Old 02-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #27
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
then what do the new acrnoyms mean?
Thats my point excatly... i would not have a clue anymore... it took me years to figure out what GL stood for, let alone XT on the B-series...
Old 02-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #28
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and now they dont even have a base model name ie Falcon
Old 02-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #29
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Woohoo!! Forum Drama!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 04:46 PM   #30
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford drama! more like