Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 20-02-2006, 01:18 PM   #1
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Default NSW March Cruise to somewhere good - Final Details Page 3

It's coming... py:

Timmeh

Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 01:54 PM   #2
BlackLS

Sounds good!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 01:55 PM   #3
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Hopefully late March. Hopefully in a non-ford

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 10:33 PM   #4
joshf2
striped

darwin?
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 10:36 PM   #5
BlackLS

Pfft call Darwin somewhere good?
Old 21-02-2006, 08:48 AM   #6
joshf2
striped

have you been to darwin?
Old 21-02-2006, 10:23 AM   #7
whippet_zetec
Supes

mmm...I havent been to Darwin, wouldnt mid heading up there for a bit of storm season (photos of clouds and lightining )
Old 21-02-2006, 11:26 AM   #8
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
have you been to darwin?
Been there many times, great place for a feed. But no, we're not going to Darwin.

Timmeh
Old 21-02-2006, 04:12 PM   #9
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Been to Darwin several times. Plenty to see and do and have always had a great time.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 06:31 PM   #10
joshf2
striped

awwww

i was just mainly thinking about the unrestricted roads actually. but from what i hear its also quite a beautiful place.
Old 22-02-2006, 01:43 PM   #11
BlackLS

LOL, unrestricted roads are good, but after a while you get sick of pushing the car hard, wasting petrol and slow down to 150-60 or whatnot. Most locals cruise around that speed... My old pulsar that was the top speed.

Darwins good for a week, stay any longer and it gets boring.
Old 22-02-2006, 02:17 PM   #12
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Josh,

Good point about the unrestricted limits. But from what I know (not much!) the higher the speed the higher the risk due to the wildlife wandering around unrestricted i.e. buffalo! You do not want to tackle one of those. But I'd dearly like to take the Focus up there and give it a go though!

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 02:24 PM   #13
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Not to mention the road trains, the last of the trailers get some massive death wobbles happening and can swing a whole lane wide, leaving you feeling lucky you're still alive.

Eddie - that's why in the NT on the unrestricted roads they clear the flora back about 200m from the road in an attempt to give you more visual time to see wildlife emerging, but unfortunately skippy is pretty fast on his feet.

Timmeh
Old 22-02-2006, 04:49 PM   #14
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Eddie - that's why in the NT on the unrestricted roads they clear the flora back about 200m from the road in an attempt to give you more visual time to see wildlife emerging, but unfortunately skippy is pretty fast on his feet.
And that's not half of it, those bloody roos also blend very well into the surrounding scenery even with the brush cut back...
Old 22-02-2006, 05:05 PM   #15
BlackLS

So where we going?
Old 22-02-2006, 05:48 PM   #16
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Well we haven't sorted out the final route, but alot of us have not been to the new bridge just north of Wollongong that's out over the water and supposed to be quite a sight.

That's the destination, we're just working on the other details.

Timmeh
Old 22-02-2006, 06:24 PM   #17
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Well we haven't sorted out the final route, but alot of us have not been to the new bridge just north of Wollongong that's out over the water and supposed to be quite a sight.

That's the destination, we're just working on the other details.

Timmeh
^^ Bridge is pretty cool. its length is hanging off the cliff face 20 or so meters. It feels like Your driving in mid air. Recommended
Old 22-02-2006, 08:14 PM   #18
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Will be doing the bridge this weekend! However... not my car :( (trying to limit unneccessary Ks)

If it is late march - I might see you all in a NEW RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup... parents want me to get a new one now :(

Chat soon!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 23-02-2006, 09:34 PM   #19
whippet_zetec
Supes

http://eurofordclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=124
Old 23-02-2006, 09:53 PM   #20
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippet_zetec
As a start point if we are keen to do this cruise I would suggest Maccas at the intersection of Heathcote Road and Princes Highwy at Engadine.

From there its a short trip to Waterfall for the turn off to Stanwell Tops.

A great bit of road is the National Park itself, but maybe we do that another time.
Did that road with ALOT of RenaultSport Clios, a few 306s, and some 205s. It was freaking awesome! We started at the oval just after the tram tracks you go over on the way down - just before the Bundeena turn off. We then went into the national park. The lady realised it was a cruise and let us go into the park for free.

It was great - about 20 cars and the Fiesta was keeping up! (Albeit with the new BFGs). It was unreal - some of the corners :kiss

We stopped at Stanwell Tops for the view/chat... then headed down to wollongong and to Macquarie Pass up to Robertson Pies - GREAT turns along there. Then headed down to Kangeroo Valley where again there were great corners.

So... that might be an idea for you all! I've done it twice - once in a Fiesta chasing about 7 RenaultSport Clios, 3 306s, 2 206 GTis, 1 Gti180, 1 M3 and a few 205 Gtis.... Second time was in a Mini Cooper S Cabrio with JCW kit - and we were in the pack of about 20 Minis. Great fun both times!

Cheers,

Steven
Taken from EuroFordClub.com

Old 25-02-2006, 02:00 PM   #21
FlaminFiesta

lol cool

i got old tyres on mine so ill be taking it slow !!
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 01:24 AM   #22
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Guys - don't do the south run past Stanwell Park. Went today - it is 60kmh whole way down and i was stuck behind a L plater doing about 30kmh around a bend. I was SCREAMING by the time he disappeared (ALmost at wollongong). Mind you i was in a Honda HRV and i was soooooooooo furious. Imagine if i was in the Fiesta....

I say scrap it! No overtaking points either.

Old 27-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #23
whippet_zetec
Supes

the best time to do that bit of road is late on a Saturday night ;) and its a great view from Stanwell Tops too.
Old 27-02-2006, 09:03 PM   #24
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
the best time to do that bit of road is late on a Saturday night ;) and its a great view from Stanwell Tops too.
Been there done that.... also the royal park at night too!

However, during the day it was disappointing. I was screaming out aloud in the car from being so stirred. NOT doing this road again!

Old 28-02-2006, 11:37 AM   #25
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

So who would be up for having a navigator/passenger tag along. He is not a bad looking bloke, who loves a good cruise with lots of excitment and wont whine or complain. Can supply esky full of snack and drinks if needed.

Any takers?
Old 28-02-2006, 12:22 PM   #26
BlackLS

We'll guys it is a scenic road, and you have a lot of mind-numb tourists from the inner city and overseas going through that road. It annoys me that some people aren't comfortable feeling G-forces whilst cornering.(acceleration for that matter). I was teaching my GF to drive manual on the weekend down that way, and she's not the fastest of drivers, but when one corner you get a glimpse of some tail light then by the next corner your on their ***, you get annoyed pretty quickly. And thats with me as a passenger!

Best time to do the natio run, is a weekday or at night. Its a fun drive regardless.

Oh yeah organisers, I can bring a gas barbeque on the day if that helps.
Old 28-02-2006, 05:29 PM   #27
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
So who would be up for having a navigator/passenger tag along. He is not a bad looking bloke, who loves a good cruise with lots of excitment and wont whine or complain. Can supply esky full of snack and drinks if needed.

Any takers?
Dude, anytime. You can run the camera out the passenger window ;)
Old 28-02-2006, 06:06 PM   #28
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Dude, anytime. You can run the camera out the passenger window ;)
and film todd trying to chase me down all the way :P
Old 01-03-2006, 01:32 PM   #29
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like a nice cruise But im in the same boat as Damo. If I can tag along with someone id def like to come.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 01:33 PM   #30
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
Sounds like a nice cruise But im in the same boat as Damo. If I can tag along with someone id def like to come.
What suburb you based in