Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 12-08-2007, 06:06 PM   #1
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Default I am DISGUSTED

I am Extrememly DISGUSTED with todays turnout.

We had an Extremely GOOD display.

Yet some how, because a BUNCH of FALCOOOON XW & XY's PArk their cars and head off for the day it automatically warants an AWARD!

Everyone today Put in so MUCH effort especially Tim who spent alot of MAN hours and MONEY! in creating todays display to once again get shot down cause the whole PETER WAREN FORD day is really a PETER WARREN FALCON DAY.

Absolutely DISGUSTED!

Tim my hat goes off to you for the amount of effort you put into the day. without your dedication to the club and your perstistance none of this today would of been possible. its truley an HONOR to be in your club.

Last edited by Timmeh; 13-08-2007 at 02:43 PM.
photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
Cossie Phil
Boost Junkee!!

Dont stress Sean,the Euroford Club Display was definately one of the most creative and effective. I do think there was some bias in the decision too, but at the end of the day its about having a good day with your mates and club members. If you dont end up with a bit of plastic coated in gold it doesnt mater, Im sure you guys have left a good impression on the thousands of people who walked past and enjoyed your display, they are the people that count. No one will remember who won what in a week or two but the people who looked at the display will be looking for you guys next year :voldar02:
Cossie Phil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 07:12 PM   #3
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossie Phil
Dont stress Sean,the Euroford Club Display was definately one of the most creative and effective. I do think there was some bias in the decision too, but at the end of the day its about having a good day with your mates and club members. If you dont end up with a bit of plastic coated in gold it doesnt mater, Im sure you guys have left a good impression on the thousands of people who walked past and enjoyed your display, they are the people that count. No one will remember who won what in a week or two but the people who looked at the display will be looking for you guys next year :voldar02:
Thanks Phil. Its not so much the trophy and the Physical winning, its more the acknolwdgment of the amount of effort that went into it. It doesnt matter if we won a Trophy or an Piece of paper. Just being acknowledged for what we did and how much effort we put into our display is more than enough. Especially for Tim, as i know he puts his heart and soul into the club display EACH year and it just gets better and better and better every year. but even though this year we had so much, some how it was not enough to win over a couple of cars parked together with nothing about the club.

It really irritates me.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:52 PM   #4
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks guys for making me feel welcome in Sydney. Good to meet you all, and to put faces to names. To the regulars I know good catching with you once again. Big effort guys and I am shocked at how much people put in. Hopefully you guys will come down for Small Ford Sunday next year. Great event and is more euro friendly. I have a few pictures of the club display so I might send them up to Tim to put on the club website. Also the amount of effort that went it to the cars today was fantastic, everyone did a great job and you all deserve a trophy for it.

Till next time, the Mexican is signing off

Adam

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 10:43 PM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

Well done guys on a great display today, a top effort indeed. Except next time bring the whole wreck :hihi:

Its simple why you didnt win though - cos you're not a CFC club, you have no chance. Neither does anybody else. Top effort nonetheless.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:00 PM   #6
GK351

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
I am Extrememly DISGUSTED with todays turnout.

We had an Extremely GOOD display better than any FALCON club could ever think of!

Yet some how, because a BUNCH of FALCOOOON XW & XY's PArk their cars and head off for the day it automatically warants an AWARD!

Everyone today Put in so MUCH effort especially Tim who spent alot of MAN hours and MONEY! in creating todays display to once again get shot down cause the whole PETER WAREN FORD day is really a PETER WARREN FALCON DAY.

Absolutely DISGUSTED!

Tim my hat goes off to you for the amount of effort you put into the day. without your dedication to the club and your perstistance none of this today would of been possible. its truley an HONOR to be in your club.
No offence mate, but the majority of people at the AFD are falcon blooded,
When i passed your display today, i kept walking, mabye im bogan minded who knows.

Mabye when your cars become the tender age of 30yr's bogans will start to give you blokes a pat on the back.

Last edited by Timmeh; 13-08-2007 at 02:45 PM.
GK351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2007, 12:38 AM   #7
cosworthpower
Starter Motor

Unfortunately I have to say it sounds very much a case of sour grapes.

Its attitudes like this that keeps me away from show days and the bitchiness that comes from judging displays, cars, clubs etc.

I'm sure Tim would of thought it would of been nice to win, but like it has been previously mentioned the club is not a CFC, nor has the history or 'contacts' with judges. _

Its attitudes like this that widens and ensures the gap between the V8 and high tech/4 pot crowds...
Old 13-08-2007, 09:04 AM   #8
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

First of all, thanks to everyone who had positive things to say about the day, and the acknowledgement of the work that went into it. The club had a rocking display, no other club had anything close when it cam to the display side of things.

I would like to point out the award we would have been in the running for was Best Non-CFC Club Display, so anyone who said being a part of CFC had something to do with it is incorrect there. However, whoever mentioned knowing the judges may be close to the mark. It's speculation though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosworthpower
Unfortunately I have to say it sounds very much a case of sour grapes.
It could sound like that. However, if you looked at the massive gap in difference between our display and the other non-CFC clubs, you wouldn't. People were saying to us all day long "wow your display is the best we've seen". We were the only one with interactive videos, club history display, photo boards with club magazine extracts printed out, slideshows, and PS2s with rally games setup for kids (and adults haha).

So from a 'display' side of things, forgetting the cars, we had a great one. Th variety of our cars rocked as well. We had the most Cosworths of any club, CFC or not, plus a terrific variety from RS2000s to the latest XR4.

And best of all, one our club cars won Best Modified 4 Cylinder, and credit to him too - the car was beautiful. I'm not sure if anyone else got to see the electronic LCD dash come to life, but it was amazing.

Thanks to the positive comments and to everyone who enjoyed our display, I appreciate it. If members are still keen to go back next year, then I think it'll be the year we look after ourselves and not worry at all about putting on a display for anyone else. We'll put on what WE want because we're a proud club that's puts on kick-*** displays.

I'll put more detailed comments and opinions of the day in our club thread, in-so-far-as what worked and what didn't, and the cars, but I wanted to post here to thank everyone for the time, effort, and money that went into the day from everyone.

And for any non club members that have taken the time to post, a big thanks.

And ona personal note, Phil, yesterday was the first time I got to see your car up close and crikey, the engine is great and the whels are massive! Hehe.

Regards, Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2007, 09:32 AM   #9
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK5766
No offence mate, but the majority of people at the AFD are falcon blooded,
When i passed your display today, i kept walking, mabye im bogan minded who knows.

Mabye when your cars become the tender age of 30yr's bogans will start to give you blokes a pat on the back.
As Timmeh Mentioned, The Award that we where in contest for was the Best NON-CFC Club Display.

GK5766- So does that mean that unless the car is 30years old its not a FORD?

Cosworthpower:The only thing that ensures the gap between V8's and 4cl is the fact that the V8's will not accept the 4pots as equals. We all except the V8's as cars, but they dont recipricate. They only see a 4pot as nothing more than a chicks car!

Old 13-08-2007, 09:53 AM   #10
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Hi All,

Being reading this and feel a few comments need to be made.

Great to catch up with a few familar faces..

First off, guys your display was awesome. It was so refreshing, different, varied and full of enthusiasm. The TV's, vids, pics, everything, it was awesome display, and the cars topped it off..

Whether you won or not, take pride in knowing you made a tremendous effort that was noticed and remembered.

Sadly you guys aren't a CFC club (yet), so Best CFC Club display could not be awarded to you. I am unsure of who won best non CFC display. Timmeh is correct here.

I have organised my club (FPV TC NSW) in the show for three years now, and have seen many hours of behind scenes work to make the show happen. It's a logistical nightmare to organise AFD.

We are a younger club too, and don't have the chrome stigma to us either, both our clubs are as I say "fantastic plastic"...

This doesn't make us any lesser of a club, and IMO our generation of cars there, does indeed fill the gap for modern and future generations.
Both clubs in same boat, as we take great pride in ourselves, and the effort we put into representing our clubs.
FWIW, we spent 1.5 hours setting up our display, and unlike all the CFC clubs, we aren't a carpark. We saw teh best display go to XW-XY club, great cars, but nothing more than a car park as woolies....

Whilst we sit and ask why, or how did it happen, there is a more important question to be asked.

Did you go to the show to have some fun, represent your passion, club and its interests, or did you go to win an award?

I believe you all went for the first reason, which negates a trophy. Know in yourself you made an impression and showed many people what you are about, and did it in a fashion that was stunning.

Cheers
Ben

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2007, 10:39 AM   #11
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehoon
Hi All,

Being reading this and feel a few comments need to be made.

Great to catch up with a few familar faces..

First off, guys your display was awesome. It was so refreshing, different, varied and full of enthusiasm. The TV's, vids, pics, everything, it was awesome display, and the cars topped it off..

Whether you won or not, take pride in knowing you made a tremendous effort that was noticed and remembered.

Sadly you guys aren't a CFC club (yet), so Best CFC Club display could not be awarded to you. I am unsure of who won best non CFC display. Timmeh is correct here.

I have organised my club (FPV TC NSW) in the show for three years now, and have seen many hours of behind scenes work to make the show happen. It's a logistical nightmare to organise AFD.

We are a younger club too, and don't have the chrome stigma to us either, both our clubs are as I say "fantastic plastic"...

This doesn't make us any lesser of a club, and IMO our generation of cars there, does indeed fill the gap for modern and future generations.
Both clubs in same boat, as we take great pride in ourselves, and the effort we put into representing our clubs.
FWIW, we spent 1.5 hours setting up our display, and unlike all the CFC clubs, we aren't a carpark. We saw teh best display go to XW-XY club, great cars, but nothing more than a car park as woolies....

Whilst we sit and ask why, or how did it happen, there is a more important question to be asked.

Did you go to the show to have some fun, represent your passion, club and its interests, or did you go to win an award?

I believe you all went for the first reason, which negates a trophy. Know in yourself you made an impression and showed many people what you are about, and did it in a fashion that was stunning.

Cheers
Ben
Mustang Club, XW XY club etc etc will always be the winners due to the cars. People aren't very interested in going to a show to see modern stuff that they could buy anytime. It doesn't matter how well you park a bunch of new cars, they will never compare to a bunch of classics.
Old 13-08-2007, 10:49 AM   #12
Duke
The Duke

Very well written Ben.

Please keep in mind I've never been to a show before, so don't be offended if my comments are ignorant.... I didn't even watch the awards, they didn't interest me at all. I went around checking out the displays and drooling over the cars instead of watching people get a $10 plastic cup (however I realise that to receive an award is nice recognition from peers).

Your award, (which is far more valuable and can't be bought), was in the faces of the crowd who loved your work.

Thanks for helping to make my first show a very enjoyable experience.
Old 13-08-2007, 11:26 AM   #13
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Nicely written from both Tim and Ben.

What I am seeing is PASSION. And passion is always great to see. Sometimes that can spill over and people misinterpret ("sour grapes"), but let's never lose the passion

What what I am hearing the display sounds awesome, and it is for that reason that people will stop and admire, and perhaps regard our cars in a new light........ that what they are seeing is not what they'd see in woolies carpark, but cars lovingly prepared and presented at their best.

Of course the older cars by themselves are a drawcard, and I'm sure that the guys who own them have as much passion as us.

From what I am hearing the Euroford Club is again setting the standard. Be proud and passionate of that.

Two questions:

1. What is a CFC club?
2. Did you have an award for the most spider webs under the bonnet? Matt nearly took out that award at Small Ford Sunday. Did he lift his game this time?????? ROFL
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2007, 11:31 AM   #14
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
Nicely written from both Tim and Ben.

What I am seeing is PASSION. And passion is always great to see. Sometimes that can spill over and people misinterpret ("sour grapes"), but let's never lose the passion

What what I am hearing the display sounds awesome, and it is for that reason that people will stop and admire, and perhaps regard our cars in a new light........ that what they are seeing is not what they'd see in woolies carpark, but cars lovingly prepared and presented at their best.

Of course the older cars by themselves are a drawcard, and I'm sure that the guys who own them have as much passion as us.

From what I am hearing the Euroford Club is again setting the standard. Be proud and passionate of that.

Two questions:

1. What is a CFC club?
2. Did you have an award for the most spider webs under the bonnet? Matt nearly took out that award at Small Ford Sunday. Did he lift his game this time?????? ROFL
heheh he lifted Extrememly high. it was not as close as yours steve hehehe but a definate improvement.

Old 13-08-2007, 11:52 AM   #15
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Thanks Ben, your post is 100% correct and you're absolutely right. Let me just say that by no means at any time was I implying that all the other displays were no good - far from it. There were so many beautiful cars there yesterday, and I can see alot of time and effort had gone into some of the displays. That was very easy to see!

I appreciate your comments, and the others that have posted here, they mean more than if we were awarded a trophy and had everyone thinking "what a scam".

CFC stands for Combined Ford Clubs. It is a collection of clubs who work together putting on events for their clubs and the public.

Timmeh
Old 13-08-2007, 01:52 PM   #16
zetec
Zoom Zoom

At the end of the day we all had tremendous fun, there were heaps of great cars and it was a stellar effort from all involved, headed by Tim and Mark for their logistics, Ivan for his Tech skills and Mark's wife for her baking skills! Adam travelled all the way from Melbourne, Sean came without a car but loaded with meat, the list goes on!

All up a top day, some slight tarnish with the politics of the awards that on the day probably saw myself and a few of us being a little pasisonate about the result, as pasionate as we were in ensuring we put on the best show for the public and tried to engage the crowds!

Others here are right though - why go to a Ford show to see cars you can see evey day when you can find rare Mustangs and Falcons together? We know the answer ourselves... In reality you need the balance of both, we provide an avenue for the younger people who can only afford a daily driver to attend meets and don't have the time or money to buy a genuine classic just yet. Our interactive displays, use of Technical excellence and friendly nature mean that hopefully we can encourage more people to at least join the scene at SOME level. We help to offer something for everyone, regardless of your persuasion. Especially if you drive a Fiesta, Focus or whatever and only thought car shows and clubs were for classics. Without us there, the Awareness would almost not exist. And the gorgeous women wouldn't be able to stop and chat us up... you know who you are.

So hooray for boobies... I mean hooray for the Eurofordclub and hooray for days like the All Ford Day, where the sick kids are the recipients of the money raised, we all had fun in the process and NSW Police booked the bogans afterwards who left rubber behind... when you see the mentality of those empty-headers, no wonder we drive what we do and do things differently!

So embrace your left hand indicators guys and girls. It's what sets us apart and makes us special :
Old 13-08-2007, 02:16 PM   #17
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Just a note for any future posts in this thread. The initial issue has been discussed in depth and is still open to more discussion, but if you've come here to post "Grow up" to the thread starter without any constructive advice, expect your post to be deleted. However if you have some constructive advice or experiences to share, and can do so in a way that is appropriate, we'd love to hear your views.

Timmeh
Eurofordclub Moderator
Old 13-08-2007, 02:36 PM   #18
Seano
classicford.mine.nu

I share the same thoughts as Bluehoon and Zetec, so I won't reiterate on that, but I will say that Euro Ford Club had a great display, showed an amazing level of enthusiasm and dedication and should be very PROUD
Seano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2007, 02:40 PM   #19
swanee
spoolin!

Timmeh

Granted your club is disapointed they weren't recognised fully, but it shouldn't be a problem if you dont win a trophy or award as such. You should go to show hunting award. If you want a trophy... i know a few trophy places you can get one from. Going to an all Ford show or any show should be for fun.

The club i am part of go to shows to be able to show off our cars and have fun. To have a member come on a forum and make derogitory comments towards others clubs showing their cars isn't right either. I am a Falcon owner and driver, and if it makes me a bogan, so be it.

Previous Rides - 2014 Black Mica PX XLT Ranger Dual Cab 3.2 Diesel

2011 FPV GS 315 Sedan. Sunburst, manual, fully optioned. Build #165.

My 1955 Ford Thunderbird Project (A tribute to my late mother) - 1955 Thunderbird Build Thread
swanee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2007, 02:44 PM   #20
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanee
To have a member come on a forum and make derogitory comments towards others clubs showing their cars isn't right either. I am a Falcon owner and driver, and if it makes me a bogan, so be it.
You're right, the club in no way agrees with comments about Falcon owners being bogans. Photn was obviously upset at the time of posting and it has since been edited.

I apologise on behalf of the club to anyone offended by such comments. There were lots of great Falcons there, they put on a great show.

And I agree with comments from both yourself and others about having fun on the day. Other club members that have posted here had a blast, I know I had fun. We'll be back next year with new fun ways to spend our time in (hopefully) another sunny blue sky day.

Regards, Tim
Old 13-08-2007, 03:02 PM   #21
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanee
Timmeh

Granted your club is disapointed they weren't recognised fully, but it shouldn't be a problem if you dont win a trophy or award as such. You should go to show hunting award. If you want a trophy... i know a few trophy places you can get one from. Going to an all Ford show or any show should be for fun.

The club i am part of go to shows to be able to show off our cars and have fun. To have a member come on a forum and make derogitory comments towards others clubs showing their cars isn't right either. I am a Falcon owner and driver, and if it makes me a bogan, so be it.
swanee, to me its not about winning anything, It was about being recognised for our efforts, and being seen as equals in a falcon dominated world. My main gripe/disapointment is that the little people dont get a mention or even a foot in.

To me Winning a trophy or an award is beeing recognised for your efforts, and been seen on an equal playing field as everyone else. Which never seems to happen. I am sick to death of all the comments made by falcon owners about the drivers and the cars themselves that we own. It seems that the little people are always the ones that dont get a say. It also seems that you cannot be equal unless you own a falcon or a territory. correct me if im wrong but is this not the case. How many falcon/territory owners would go up to a young man and say nice car mate if it was a Fiesta or focus. i only know a couple and thats because i them. But if you owned a Falcon/Territory it would be a different story. And no offence intended but who are you to come on and tell me what is right to post and what is not. i say that in the nicest possible way and not in anger.

Tim, You shouldnt have to apologise for me, as what i wrote was my opinion and not of the clubs. And i accept Full responsibility for what i wrote.

Old 13-08-2007, 03:06 PM   #22
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
......Ivan for his Tech skills....
I think there's a typo in that part of your post. Should've been "Dan (Abraxas) for his tech skills". He was the one that put together nice video clips.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2007, 03:12 PM   #23
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One word, Nostalgia.
You can park them side by side and the old school car will get the attention every time.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2007, 03:19 PM   #24
FORD3V
5.4L 3V V8

Jeez mate I thought car shows were to be enjoyed by entrants,if a car show stressed me out that much why would you bother?

I am one of the many ford people who go to ford shows to look at falcons and mustangs and generaly any ford with a V8 in it.

Call me iggnorant but I would rather se a trophy go to a bunch of restored xw/xy's etc over any new ford,falcons included.

In my opinion car shows are all about the cars,they are not about how flashy your display is and whether you want to admit it or not classic falcons are always gona attract more attention then european cars.
FORD3V is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2007, 03:44 PM   #25
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD3V
In my opinion car shows are all about the cars,they are not about how flashy your display is
Er, this thread was about a Best Club Display award, but anyhow....

Just a quick picture or 2 of our club member who won an overall award for Best Modified 4 Cylinder for the show and an in-club award also, a beautiful Sierra Cosworth with a great attention to detail!

For those that want to see more pictures from the day, head on to our club forums! Lots of members have posted up some great images.

Timmeh
Old 13-08-2007, 04:12 PM   #26
Au2falcons
Winter all year round

Hi guys, I went to the All Ford Day yesterday aswell.

As a spectator I really enjoyed your display, and was glad to see you guys out there.

Unfortunately it will be always be hard to compete with the likes of the muscle cars, purely because you don't see them on the roads very often these days, so people are going to these shows just to see them.

However I've been in your shoes before. I have shown my AU before and was totally disappointed also. My car is in pristine condition and was on display as apart of a opening day of a Ford Dealership. I went to the effort to prepare & display my car, when judging time came the judges walked straight past my car and didn't even bother to have a look. It's not the fact that I didn't win anything, more the fact my efforts were worth nothing.

But bottom line is modern cars have difficulty at shows unless they are heavily modified, but be proud of what you own & drive. If it's your passion then enjoy it. I personally think club orientated cruises suit our cars better, but it will be nice to see your display there again next, I will stop by for a look again.

Cheers,

Adrian.

Recommend trading with Mechan1k, Offyaguts, EDMONTY, PhantomXR8, HOTC2R, Partie & JC
Au2falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2007, 05:03 PM   #27
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

hey guys and girls,
as a fellow bogan ( only kidding) and non cfc club member, i can understand your point of view not to get recognition to a point, but...... what everyone else is saying, no matter what you drive wether it be a uk import cossie, a yank tank, classic aussie muscle or late model falcon. days like the AFD are there to show your pride and joy off without being told to move on by rent a cops.
it doesn't matter wether you win or loose you're there and having fun that's all that matters.

timmeh would know coming from the Newcastle xtreme club a couple of years back (i think it was you e ) we didn't take any awards that year but we had fun.

your display was top notch and there was some really nice cars there that I'd be proud to own.

my club, the F.T.F car club of nsw was just down from you guys, whilst we didn't take any awards etc, we had a truck load of people walking around our display, magazines and prospective members coming through as well, we also met alot of great ford lovers and admirers.

that is what really counts spending time with fellow ford enthusiasts and your mates isn't it.

great to see and meet y'all and hope to see you at the next car show.

dan b :
membership F.T.F. car club of nsw inc
SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2007, 06:42 PM   #28
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Firstly id like to thank Tim, Mark and everyone else in the club for a great day out. A big congrats to the owner of the Sierra Cosworth (sorry I forgot your name) for taking out best modified 4 cylinder, your car is awesome.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2007, 10:15 AM   #29
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

Guys, I am a bogan and had my gold bogan landau in the non club area but i thoroughly enjoyed your display- being from the UK it was fantastic to see a great turnout of cars and the display standard was very high.
Don't allow this sort of thing to dishearten you- i am not a member of any clubs, not because I have anything against them, quite the opposite, I just haven't got around to it yet!

Unfortunately, older cars, whether 4cyl, 6cyl or 8 cyl will tend to attract more attention due to them being rarer nowdays and also I noticed how many "older" folk were remeniscing about them too as well as the kids who have never seen these cars before (and I include the brit metal too here)

Without disparaging the gorgeous GT cars, my wife watched them all rolling in and said "I thought that they were really rare, there seem to be lots of them!!"
She was stoked to see only 2 other Landaus (and the Mad Max one) and loved the attention that it got, even though we were only in the regular area.

What I am trying to say is that all the cars there were appreciated and without some of them, we wouldn't have had the wonderful spectrum that we did, explaining the whole Ford story.
So well done to everyone who brought a car, regardless of what it was- our first time there but we will be bringing an entourage with us next year and hopefully, more cars too.

Thanks to all of you.

Cheers, Jamie

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im just bored of the single/narrow minded...
RAREV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2007, 01:50 PM   #30
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Can we make Jamie an official (or unofficial member!) of the Euroford Club??? His car is not Euro, but he is!!!

Thnakyou Jamie, for the thoughtful and encouraging words.

(I am now imagining Sean and Matt in 40 years time, getting around the AFD on their zimmer frames, admiring the classic LR Focus' and Fiestas, going " Oooooh, I used to have one of them. Brilliant car. Young kids today don't appreciate these cars"....dribble dribble dribble) ROFL
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post