Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile QLD Could Put Speed Camera Locations online ??

Queensland Premier Campbell Newman has announced a new assistant minister to help the State Government become more open and accountable online.

Gold Coast MP Ray Stevens has been appointed as the Assistant Minister to the Premier on 'e-government' and will oversee a new website for all State Government information releases.

Types of information that could put online include speed camera location, crime and accident statistics and road data.

The system is based on overseas models, including the one used in New York city.

Mr Newman says Queenslanders will be able to see what the State Government is doing.

"The benefit of openness and transparency, is that people can see all the Government spending," he said.

"What we propose to do is really throw out everything the Government has onto a new website, to ensure that Queenslanders can scrutinise this government."

The address for the site is www.data.qld.gov.au, but the website is still under construction.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-10-0...68?section=qld

Old 09-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Default Re: QLD Could Put Speed Camera Locations online ??

Quote:
"What we propose to do is really throw out everything the Government has onto a new website, to ensure that Queenslanders can scrutinise this government."
Don't need a website to achieve that

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Just listen to the radio, look at the telly or read the paper.....They all advertise where the speed cameras are going to be

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #4
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

All they will do is put the fixed camera locations up, not the mobile units.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #5
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx
All they will do is put the fixed camera locations up, not the mobile units.
yea it doesn't actually say but it would be just the fixed wouldn't it, which is already available online anyway.
As if they're going to advertise mobile cameras, one of their biggest money earners!

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Mr Newman says Queenslanders will be able to see what the State Government is doing.

]

More like Queenslanders wil be able to see what Cambell Newman wants you to see/believe.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #7
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From Parliament ,today...1.58pm: Queensland police will be required to provide real-time information about where speed cameras are located as part of the state’s “open government” push, Premier Campbell Newman has declared.

It doesn't say if its fixed and mobile...but its a good move..
Old 10-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #8
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Some QLD police cars are mobile speed cameras....Bit hard to post their exact locations when they're constantly on the move.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 10-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #9
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
Some QLD police cars are mobile speed cameras....Bit hard to post their exact locations when they're constantly on the move.
No we don't have any moving ones.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #10
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
No we don't have any moving ones.

Rubbish...I got pinged inbetween Goondiwindi and Inglewood 12 months ago by a cop car that was equipped with a side mounted speed camera. Got done doing 110 in a 100 zone....

These have been around for about 15 years. They are capable of picking up speeding motorists heading from both directions....On coming or coming up from behind them.

NSW and S.A have them too....Not sure about the other states.

So if that isn't a moving speed camera, what is? And if those towns aren't in QLD, I'd love to know where they are then.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #11
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Rubbish...I got pinged inbetween Goondiwindi and Inglewood 12 months ago by a cop car that was equipped with a side mounted speed camera. Got done doing 110 in a 100 zone....

These have been around for about 15 years. They are capable of picking up speeding motorists heading from both directions....On coming or coming up from behind them.

So if that isn't a moving speed camera, what is? And if those towns aren't in QLD, I'd love to know where they are then.
It's not a speed camera..its a radar and its up to the cops discretion whether he wants to ping you. Unlike a speed camera that has set tolerances.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #12
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

A moving speed camera takes photos and automatic does number plate recognition then sends the image back to a central office where a fine is issued in the mail along with the pic.

A mobile radar is mounted on a police car and the copper pulls you over.

The device that got you was a Kustom Electronics KR10 mobile radar which have now been replaced by Decatur Electronics models.

There are no moving speed cameras in Queensland.

We do have mobile speed cameras but these only operate when the vehicles is parked and the radar calibrated for that position.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #13
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Geez after reading all this.... I am so happy I live where I do and have been working with radar systems for 30 odd years...... A subtle hint there why radar does not worry me......