Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
Chris_Rogers01

Default Sunroof options???

Hey guys i have noticed a fair few sunroofs popping up for sale all over the place from damaged Falcons etc. and my question is it fairly cheap getting the sunroof uninstalled but what roughly would a panel beater charge to install it? i remember a year or two ago i got quoted close to $4,000 dollars to get a sunroof installed but would it be at least half the price getting one done by a panel beater if i provide the looms, sunroof, switches etc.? please let me know what some of you guys have done with sunroofs as i have seen a few guys on here doing it themselves Cheers Chris.

Chris_Rogers01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2012, 12:01 AM   #2
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Sunroof options???

Mid to high 2 grand should get you a new Hollandia installed (which is what most "factory" sunroofs are). Not sure about trying to get one off an old roof as they are glued onto the underside of the roof skin with the worlds toughest glue.

http://www.doylesleather.com.au/SUNR...7/Default.aspx
Spammy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
mash85

$4K seems a bit steep. For the basic Holandia Tilt/Vent/Slide electric roof about $2500 fitted is on the money.

I had one put in one of my cars years ago by prestige sunroofs in burwood, Vic. sensational workmanship, much better than the "factory roof" i've got in my BA.
mash85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
Magna
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i got a 2nd hand hollandia 700 sunroof from pick-a-part for $100 for my ef xr6 and got prestigue sunroofs in Burwood to install it earlier this year.

it cost $800 to install and $150 for a new rubber seal which was optional. they test the sunroof first to make shore it works and re-do the headlining. top notch service and workmanship!
Magna is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #5
XR037
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Way cheaper now. It is roughly b/w 2000 and 2300 for a brand new one installed these days. I personally wouldnt get one from a wrecker as it is a huge job doing it urself and you dnt reali want leaks when it rains lol
XR037 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post